Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caleb Farley Medical Update

Courtesy of Peter King

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

Quote:7. CALEB FARLEY. The most interesting of the 150 draft-prospect medical rechecks—Farley is Round 1-graded cornerback from Virginia Tech—had a good day in Indianapolis on Friday. After undergoing a microdiscectomy (removing a damaged section of a herniated disc) in his back March 23 in Los Angeles, Farley told me Saturday that after imaging and a thorough physical and back exam in Indianapolis, he’s been cleared by NFL docs for the 2021 season.

Farley was told he’d need four months of rehab and recovery after the surgery, and that was the timetable the NFL medics saw over the weekend. “I got a lot of positive feedback from the NFL doctors,” Farley said. “The NFL doctors confirmed I would be ready for the season, and they told me this is definitely not a chronic thing.”

Four months from the date of the surgery is July 23. Most NFL camps open July 27. So Farley, the top corner on some boards before his surgery, should be ready to go at the start of camp, per doctors. “I plan to be the best cornerback of my generation,” he said. “I just can’t wait to get back in the pads again.” Expect him to be a first-round corner, still.

I still think he drops a little, but maybe not all the way to us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm a big Farley fan. I believe he is the best man to man CB in the draft. With that said, any time a player his age has back injuries, that is a red flag for me. Those type of things only seem to get worse in time. I've had constant back problems for almost 20 years and I can barely get out of bed. If he fell to #25, I'd be tempted to take him, but I certainly wouldn't trade up for him. It's just too much of a risk. I've had to knock him down a couple of spots in my rankings because of the back injuries which have plagued him since 2019. Even though I see him as the most talented CB, I have him ranked #3 behind Horn and Surtain due to uncertain longevity of his career.

Asante Samuel Jr would be a great addition to our CBs. I think he would be our starting nickle CB day 1 and it's in his blood like Surtain.

Myles Jack 2.0?

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 01:19 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-12-2021, 11:43 AM)JNev Wrote: Myles Jack 2.0?

A nice thought.

(04-12-2021, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Asante Samuel Jr would be a great addition to our CBs.  I think he would be our starting nickle CB day 1 and it's in his blood like Surtain.

He would be.

If Sidney Jones could be trusted to stay healthy, I'd be a little more apt to argue against a guy like Samuel.  But his talent and bloodlines would make him tempting in the 2nd round.

Ultimately, I don't think he will be a pick for us, but I am just speculating at this stage.

I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

(04-12-2021, 09:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a big Farley fan. I believe he is the best man to man CB in the draft. With that said, any time a player his age has back injuries, that is a red flag for me. Those type of things only seem to get worse in time. I've had constant back problems for almost 20 years and I can barely get out of bed. If he fell to #25, I'd be tempted to take him, but I certainly wouldn't trade up for him. It's just too much of a risk. I've had to knock him down a couple of spots in my rankings because of the back injuries which have plagued him since 2019. Even though I see him as the most talented CB, I have him ranked #3 behind Horn and Surtain due to uncertain longevity of his career.

Dude...sorry about the back problems.

According to him, his doctors told him it wouldn't be a chronic sort of condition for him.

I don't know enough to know how they conclude that.  All I know is based upon what I've seen, players with back problems can be severely limited.

If his doctors are right, he would certainly be worth an investment should he fall to 25.  But I can't say I'd have no apprehensions whatsoever about taking him.

(04-12-2021, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Asante Samuel Jr would be a great addition to our CBs. I think he would be our starting nickle CB day 1 and it's in his blood like Surtain.

Cullen's frenzied blitz defenses require very physical man corners. That's not Samuel.

(04-12-2021, 01:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Asante Samuel Jr would be a great addition to our CBs.  I think he would be our starting nickle CB day 1 and it's in his blood like Surtain.

Cullen's frenzied blitz defenses require very physical man corners. That's not Samuel.

I'm pretty confident Cullen would know how to use Samuel

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 04:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-12-2021, 01:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 09:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a big Farley fan. I believe he is the best man to man CB in the draft. With that said, any time a player his age has back injuries, that is a red flag for me. Those type of things only seem to get worse in time. I've had constant back problems for almost 20 years and I can barely get out of bed. If he fell to #25, I'd be tempted to take him, but I certainly wouldn't trade up for him. It's just too much of a risk. I've had to knock him down a couple of spots in my rankings because of the back injuries which have plagued him since 2019. Even though I see him as the most talented CB, I have him ranked #3 behind Horn and Surtain due to uncertain longevity of his career.

Dude...sorry about the back problems.

According to him, his doctors told him it wouldn't be a chronic sort of condition for him.

I don't know enough to know how they conclude that.  All I know is based upon what I've seen, players with back problems can be severely limited.

If his doctors are right, he would certainly be worth an investment should he fall to 25.  But I can't say I'd have no apprehensions whatsoever about taking him.

Thanks, but at this point it's just something I live with and try not to think about. 

If it is not a chronic thing and Farley is there at #25, I'd definitely take him unless one of the big OT's somehow magically fall to us. Farley is a very physical corner with size, speed and instincts. That is everything I want in a cover corner.

Could of taken Samuel but we took Campbell ugh

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1439946058822529024?s=20

(04-12-2021, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Asante Samuel Jr would be a great addition to our CBs.  I think he would be our starting nickle CB day 1 and it's in his blood like Surtain.

Nice call on that one from back in April 2021