Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Pleasures Thread

(04-28-2021, 02:56 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Some people don't realize that you have to kill cows to get beef or kill pigs to get bacon.

Yeah I've heard it all. Almonds grow underground, grapes grow on trees, mandarins are just unripe oranges. The only cherry 95% of people know of or have had is maraschino lol.

Teach your children where our food comes from people.

It comes from McDonalds.. duh..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 10:37 AM by Mikey.)

(04-27-2021, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Some people don't realize that you have to kill cows to get beef or kill pigs to get bacon.

Or manatees to get manatee ribs

are those like buffalo wings?

(04-28-2021, 02:56 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Yeah I've heard it all. Almonds grow underground, grapes grow on trees, mandarins are just unripe oranges. The only cherry 95% of people know of or have had is maraschino lol.

wal-mart!

Peanut butter on apple slices.

(04-28-2021, 10:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Or manatees to get manatee ribs

are those like buffalo wings?

(04-28-2021, 02:56 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Yeah I've heard it all. Almonds grow underground, grapes grow on trees, mandarins are just unripe oranges. The only cherry 95% of people know of or have had is maraschino lol.

wal-mart!

Beware of the green meat!!

And I don't mean eco-friendly!!

(04-28-2021, 03:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 10:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: are those like buffalo wings?

wal-mart!

Beware of the green meat!!

And I don't mean eco-friendly 
How about green eggs and ham?  Children seem to like it...?

(04-28-2021, 02:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Peanut butter on apple slices.

...were you out of caramel?

(Protip: Crown makes a salted caramel whiskey that is PERFECT when mixed with cider)

Ugh! I hate peanut butter and I hate fruit. Mixing them together makes me gag! To each their own though. Gimme a big plate of barbeque. Brisket, ribs, chicken, sausage, chops, pretty much anything cooked over wood. That's what life is all about meat, wood and fire.

(04-29-2021, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Ugh! I hate peanut butter and I hate fruit. Mixing them together makes me gag! To each their own though. Gimme a big plate of barbeque. Brisket, ribs, chicken, sausage, chops, pretty much anything cooked over wood. That's what life is all about meat, wood and fire.
Amen, brother!

Just don’t hate on peanut butter.  It makes even fruit edible.  Celery and PB, apples... you name it.  I’ll even it eat solo all like in “Meet Joe Black”

(04-29-2021, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ugh! I hate peanut butter and I hate fruit. Mixing them together makes me gag! To each their own though. Gimme a big plate of barbeque. Brisket, ribs, chicken, sausage, chops, pretty much anything cooked over wood. That's what life is all about meat, wood and fire.
Amen, brother!

Just don’t hate on peanut butter.  It makes even fruit edible.  Celery and PB, apples... you name it.  I’ll even it eat solo all like in “Meet Joe Black”

Scurvy boys.

(04-29-2021, 10:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'm reminded of the guy who I used to travel with for work and teased him that he had the taste buds of a 9-year-old. He ate salads consisting of only green lettuce (lesser green portions were pushed to the side) and absolutely floating in ranch dressing. If some foods touched together, he wouldn't eat them.

We once ate at a Mexican restaurant. I forget what he ordered but he told the waiter in his nasally thick Georgia accent, 'I don't want any tomaytas, unyuns, peppers or any of those spices. I just wawn't meat and cheese.' It floored me. I asked him what the point was of eating at a Mexican restaurant if he was going to take all the Mexican out of it.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 11:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-23-2021, 08:43 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What exactly is a trivial pleasure?

Is it like a guilty pleasure, because I know we have a thread for it here.

Trivial equates to what minimal things give you pleasure versus a Guilty pleasure which would be more of a high satisfaction indulgence.

Trivial Pleasure - saving $4 transaction fee by finding an ATM machine linked to your bank.

Guilty Pleasure - staying up till 4am watching Breaking Bad

(04-28-2021, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: How about green eggs and ham?  Children seem to like it...?

Dr. Seuss is Dead !!!

The common term would be a more apt title for this thread - Simple Pleasures.

(05-04-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The common term would be a more apt title for this thread - Simple Pleasures.

Totally agree.  Heck, the next time I need a synonym for a word, instead of going to thesarus.com I'm going to type in homebuisuit.com

(05-04-2021, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The common term would be a more apt title for this thread - Simple Pleasures.

Totally agree.  Heck, the next time I need a synonym for a word, instead of going to thesarus.com I'm going to type in homebuisuit.com

I would strongly advise against doing that on any shared or monitored computer.

You want to call yourself simple, go ahead. Wink

It was a play on trivial annoyances, another thread recently seen here, where all we did was gripe about things, like thread titles that we thought weren't named properly.

Simple pleasure: a nice dip or a cig after a meal, especially if hot and spicy.

Guilty Pleasure: shooting up with heroin after robbing the local jiffy store and getting 250 cash and a few scratch offs.

That’s Not for me, but I hope this helps. I’ll contribute to the spirit of the thread. Coming home and my daughter yelling “daddy!” Makes even the worst days enjoyable!

(05-05-2021, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Simple pleasure:  a nice dip or a cig after a meal, especially if hot and spicy.

Guilty Pleasure: shooting up with heroin after robbing the local jiffy store and getting 250 cash and a few scratch offs.  

That’s Not for me, but I hope this helps. I’ll contribute to the spirit of the thread.  Coming home and my daughter yelling “daddy!”   Makes even the worst days enjoyable!

Ahhh the old Jiffy Stores.. Before they became Lil Champ lol

(05-05-2021, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Simple pleasure:  a nice dip or a cig after a meal, especially if hot and spicy.

That’s Not for me, but I hope this helps. I’ll contribute to the spirit of the thread.  Coming home and my daughter yelling “daddy!”   Makes even the worst days enjoyable!

Treasure the moment.  You'll need those memories to make it through the moody teenager years.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.