Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Football Network's Latest 7 round mock

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 10:18 PM by Bullseye.)

This one by Schulte features a Jaguars trade down, an early defensive emphasis, and another trade!

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/schul...ock-draft/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2021, 11:15 PM by Upper.)

I don't even want Etienne but it's pretty impossible to argue with that haul. I'd be surprised if D'ante Smith lasts nearly that long. Or Dickerson for that matter.

(04-24-2021, 11:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't even want Etienne but it's pretty impossible to argue with that haul. I'd be surprised if D'ante Smith lasts nearly that long. Or Dickerson for that matter.

Putting aside my desire to NOT help Buffalo at all, I like the trade down to end up with the 93rd pick.  I also like getting the 4th round pick from Denver for Gardner Minshew.

Not a fan. I don't think we should take a RB that early. And no Tight End?

(04-25-2021, 10:59 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Not a fan.  I don't think we should take a RB that early.  And no Tight End?

If Friermuth is there at 33, we can't not take him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-25-2021, 12:22 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 10:59 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Not a fan.  I don't think we should take a RB that early.  And no Tight End?

If Friermuth is there at 33, we can't not take him.

Sure we can. I think TE is being way overvalued by this fan base. Clemson never had a good TE and Trevor did just fine. Let the board come to us and don't reach for a player like Freiermuth, if better players at other positions are on the board.

Yep, Meyer didn't use TE except for the stretch where he had one of the all time great move TEs and Lawrence didn't use them either. Add both of those facts to the fact that Freiermuth is just all around average and there's no way we should take him with any of our first 5 picks.

(04-25-2021, 05:02 PM)Upper Wrote: Yep, Meyer didn't use TE except for the stretch where he had one of the all time great move TEs and Lawrence didn't use them either. Add both of those facts to the fact that Freiermuth is just all around average and there's no way we should take him with any of our first 5 picks.

Exactly. Freiermuth would be a wasted pick.

(04-25-2021, 05:02 PM)Upper Wrote: Yep, Meyer didn't use TE except for the stretch where he had one of the all time great move TEs and Lawrence didn't use them either. Add both of those facts to the fact that Freiermuth is just all around average and there's no way we should take him with any of our first 5 picks.

Lololol, you are no Gator fan and you have no clue.  Meyer loves using his TE and there is a reason he has mentioned upgrading the TE position in multiple press conferences. You think he would really give a [BLEEP] about upgrading the position if it wasn't in what he wanted to do in his offense. He has always loved using the TE position.  What TE at Ohio State did Meyer have that he should of used more?  You can only utilize the position if you have the players available.  Same with Trevor, what TE has he had that he should of utilized more?  This year TLaw used the position the most since he has been at Clemson but still hasn't had a good one to play with.  This offense will be much better with a good TE to add to the offense, and I know something Meyer and Trevor would love to have at their disposal

Yeah Meyer loves TEs so much that Cornelius Ingram's almost 3 catches a game is his second most used TE after Hernandez.

(04-25-2021, 08:46 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah Meyer loves TEs so much that Cornelius Ingram's almost 3 catches a game is his second most used TE after Hernandez.

So then how many catches should a TE have in an offense that utilizes a TE an "average" amount of the time?

For a coach who "loves using his TE"...more than that.

Yeboah is more of a Meyer like TE imo.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2021, 10:48 PM)Upper Wrote: For a coach who "loves using his TE"...more than that.

I guess I view it differently.

Even if UM did not employ the TE often in college, I can only think of three great QB that never really utilized a TE.

Moon didn't utilize the TE because his Run-N-Shoot offense did not utilize TEs.  Kurt Warner was great for the Rams and he wasn't a big TE guy.  Jim Kelly ran the K-gun in Buffalo

Just about every other great QB I can think of had a TE to provide a reliable target over the middle.

Brady has Gronk.
Big Ben had Heath Miller
Marino and Favre had Keith Jackson. 
Favre also had Mark Chmura
Aikman had Novacek
Montana had Russ Francis and John Frank
Steve Young had Brent Jones
Bradshaw had Cunningham
Stabler had Casper
Mahomes has Kelce
Peyton manning had Dallas Clark
Aaron Rodgers had Jermichael Finley
Drew Brees had Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey and Jimmy Graham
Dan Fouts had Kellen Winslow
P. Rivers had Antonio Gates
John Elway had Shannon Sharpe

There are others I am missing, but the point is I think TEs are key to QB success.  I think if we want to maximize the chances that Trevor Lawrence succeeds at the NFL level, we need to get him a reliable TE.

(04-26-2021, 12:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 10:48 PM)Upper Wrote: For a coach who "loves using his TE"...more than that.

I guess I view it differently.

Even if UM did not employ the TE often in college, I can only think of three great QB that never really utilized a TE.

Moon didn't utilize the TE because his Run-N-Shoot offense did not utilize TEs.  Kurt Warner was great for the Rams and he wasn't a big TE guy.  Jim Kelly ran the K-gun in Buffalo

Just about every other great QB I can think of had a TE to provide a reliable target over the middle.

Brady has Gronk.
Big Ben had Heath Miller
Aikman had Novacek
Bradshaw had Cunningham
Stabler had Casper
Mahomes has Kelce

There are others I am missing, but the point is I think TEs are key to QB success.  I think if we want to maximize the chances that Trevor Lawrence succeeds at the NFL level, we need to get him a reliable TE.

The thing is, Freiermuth is not as good as any of those TE's.

(04-26-2021, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 12:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I guess I view it differently.

Brady has Gronk.
Big Ben had Heath Miller
Aikman had Novacek
Bradshaw had Cunningham
Stabler had Casper
Mahomes has Kelce

The thing is, Freiermuth is not as good as any of those TE's.

I think he could be a Brent Jones/John Frank type.  But even if you don't think Friermuth is up to the task, it doesn't negate the importance of the position to the development of young QBs.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 07:34 AM by JNev.)

Tremble is getting a lot of helium in his draft stock lately. I like Yeboah late too

(04-26-2021, 12:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The thing is, Freiermuth is not as good as any of those TE's.

I think he could be a Brent Jones/John Frank type.  But even if you don't think Friermuth is up to the task, it doesn't negate the importance of the position to the development of young QBs.

I'd take Hunter Long and Brevin Jordan over Freiermuth anytime. There is a reason why Freiermuth never ran the 40 at his pro day. He was trying to hide how slow he was. Long is everything Freiermith is (size and great hands,) but he shows athleticism as well. He ran a 4.63 at his pro day and Jordan ran a 4.69. I guarantee Freiermuth is not as fast as either of those guys. I'll give it to Freiermuth, he is smart. Cover your biggest flaw by claiming you are injured, knowing there is no Combine this year.

(04-26-2021, 07:34 AM)JNev Wrote: Tremble is getting a lot of helium in his draft stock lately. I like Yeboah late too

Tremble may be the best blocking TE in the draft and he showed tremendous speed and athleticism at his pro day, which surprised a lot of people, including me. He was vastly under-used as a receiver at TE and that is odd, considering his workout numbers. I'd like to know why that is? He is an intriguing prospect. Is there an issue with his hands or route running? With good size and 4.59/40 speed, why wasn't he targeted more? These are issues teams will have to deal with when looking at him.

(04-26-2021, 07:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 07:34 AM)JNev Wrote: Tremble is getting a lot of helium in his draft stock lately. I like Yeboah late too

Tremble may be the best blocking TE in the draft and he showed tremendous speed and athleticism at his pro day, which surprised a lot of people, including me. He was vastly under-used as a receiver at TE and that is odd, considering his workout numbers. I'd like to know why that is? He is an intriguing prospect. Is there an issue with his hands or route running? With good size and 4.59/40 speed, why wasn't he targeted more? These are issues teams will have to deal with when looking at him.

For 1, they have Michael Mayer who will likely be the first TE drafted in 2 years