Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Last Minute Draft Predictions

(04-26-2021, 05:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:05 PM)johnnywynter Wrote: Urban and Trent trade picks 25,33 and 106 for the Falcons 4th overall to jump up and grab Kyle Pitts

I don't see that happening for a couple of reasons.

1.  That wouldn't be enough to pull off such a deal;

2.  UM has stated he wants 4-5 starters to come out of this draft.  Trading away the picks it would take to move up that far would generally defeat that purpose.

That said, having a guy described as a generational talent at QB throwing to a guy described as a generational talent at TE is appealing to me.

Every coach wants 4 or 5 starters out of every draft. 

But yeah I agree that’s not enough to move up to 4. Guys need to let the Kyle Pitts thing go.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2021, 10:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't see that happening for a couple of reasons.

2.  UM has stated he wants 4-5 starters to come out of this draft.  Trading away the picks it would take to move up that far would generally defeat that purpose.

That said, having a guy described as a generational talent at QB throwing to a guy described as a generational talent at TE is appealing to me.

But yeah I agree that’s not enough to move up to 4. Guys need to let the Kyle Pitts thing go.
Yeah, but on a 1-15 team with a new coach and new schemes and extra draft picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds, there is a realistic chance of that happening.

But it is highly unlikely we end up with Pitts.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 09:30 AM by Mikey.)

(04-28-2021, 11:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: Why wouldn't they?

Let Tlaw get some camera time, let the analysts have some extra time to discuss the merits of NYJ taking Wilson over the others, what SF will likely do with 3, etc, and room for a commercial break.

That makes me nervous.

I would use maybe 5-7 minutes.  I don't want ANYTHING happening that would in any way jeopardize that pick.  I don't need the guy with the card suddenly needing a bathroom break while we're on the clock.  I don't need him coming up lame with some sort of injury, or the victim of some sort of foul play.  I don't want any e-mail or other technical glitches.  The card needs to get in on time.  No risk of a pass.

Oh, you have the card printed, embossed with gold foil, laminated, and in the runner's hand already. As soon as Rog puts us on the clock, the runner is already standing at the spot to drop off the card. He just holds it till 9 minutes and change have elapsed. The runner is not to interact with anyone, not even our owner, until the card is submitted to the league office. Not even allowing the possibility of some last-minute deal to confuse the easiest pick we've ever made.

(04-28-2021, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I had a conversation with my friend yesterday and he's a big Bengals fan. I'm actually starting to think Cincinnati might actually screw this draft up and take Ja'Marr Chase at #5. This makes absolutely no sense, given that their O-Line is so incredibly incompetent and taking into account of how deep this WR class is and that they already have two good starting WR's in Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins, but this is the Bengals, so anything is possible. My friend normally goes to 3-4 games a year, but he said he is ready to give up on them if they take Chase over an OT or a trade down. Ideally, he wants to trade down with the Broncos adding a bunch of draft capital and still being able to select Slater or Darrisaw, but I doubt that happens. Personally, I hope they do pass on an OT. That would push the top guys further down the board and hopefully someone like Teven Jenkins falls to us at #25.

So my new prediction is the Bengals taking Ja'Marr Chase at #5, pushing the OT's down the board.

This is so on-brand for the Bungles I'd almost be more surprised if they didn't.

Cripes, Sewell may fall out of the top 10 if that happens, too!

I predict the Jaguars will trade at least twice during the draft.  If they trade down, they will also trade up.  I predict that the Jaguars will finish the 2021 draft selecting less than 10 players.

(04-28-2021, 10:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't see that happening for a couple of reasons.

The difference is that 4 or 5 starters is realistic for the Jaguars.  If some other team has one draft pick per round and are picking around the middle of each round or later, then 4 or 5 starters isn't realistic.  The Jaguars have 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and the very top pick in the third round.  Those are all picks where you can realistically hope to get a starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

-Vikings trade down

Hah!  Got one!  (Ignore all the ones I got wrong.)  Just had a really big feeling that the Vikings would trade down.  Sadly I was wrong on the Lions.  But I also didn't expect Sewell to be there.