Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Last Minute Draft Predictions

(04-27-2021, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: 1) The Jags screw up 90% of the mocks out there and pass on Trevon Moehrig at 25
2) An OT nobody expected to make it to the second round does not get drafted on day 1. The Jags pass on him at 33 too, infuriating a few on the board.
3) Jags wait until Day 3 to get a WR, infuriating half the board.
4) The Jaguars will not trade back, but will execute at least one trade
5) Urbz does not draft anyone from Ohio State

1.  I could see this happening.

2.  I could definitely see that happening.  In fact, I might be among those less than happy with such a development.

3.  My reaction might depend on how the rest of the draft went before day 3 and who is left.

4.  This would be something of a surprise.

5.  This would be something of a surprise.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have another prediction:

The players who opted out in 2020 will slide down in the draft. Rightly or wrongly, I think the coaches and GMs will question how much those players really love football.

(04-27-2021, 10:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I have another prediction:

The players who opted out in 2020 will slide down in the draft.  Rightly or wrongly, I think the coaches and GMs will question how much those players really love football.

Agreed completely.

Some teams will get some steals because of it.  Others will reach and miss because of it.

Where does Justin Fields land? Draft Twitter is obsessed with the guy and some even think he’s better than Trevor. Chris Simms the hot take machine has him going #32 to Tampa Bay... it’s all crazy

1. Trevon Moehrig will be off the board when we pick at #25
2. Landon Dickerson will be a first round pick.
3. Trey Lance will be the last of the big 5 QB's selected in the draft.
4. Greg Newsome will be taken in the top 20.
5. Dyami Brown will be the first WR off the board in round 2.
6. Jamar Johnson will be the second Safety selected in the draft.
7. The Bears will attempt to trade up in round 1 to get a QB and will fail.
8. Kadarius Toney will fall to the middle of round 2.
9. Dillon Radunz will fall to round 3.
10. Atlanta will pass on a QB and take Kyle Pitts.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 11:37 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-27-2021, 11:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Trevon Moehrig will be off the board when we pick at #25
2. Landon Dickerson will be a first round pick.
3. Trey Lance will be the last of the big 5 QB's selected in the draft.
4. Greg Newsome will be taken in the top 20.
5. Dyami Brown will be the first WR off the board in round 2.
6. Jamar Johnson will be the second Safety selected in the draft.
7. The Bears will attempt to trade up in round 1 to get a QB and will fail.
8. Kadarius Toney will fall to the middle of round 2.
9. Dillon Radunz will fall to round 3.
10. Atlanta will pass on a QB and take Kyle Pitts.

1.  A distinct possibility.  I've seen mocks having him go as high as 17 to the Raiders.  Of course, if the Raiders take him, I think that is an indictment of Abram, the S they just took a couple of years back.

2.  Possible.  he's a heckuv player.  But for the numerous injury concerns, I would absolutely believe he would go in the first.

3.  Early in the spring, I thought he could drop due to lack of starting experience and low level of competition.

4.  I could see that too.  I think he is off the board no later than the Jets at 23.

5.  Not soo sure about that, but whichever team gets him will have a heckuva player.

7.  Considering how far they will likely have to move up, that would not be a shock.

8.  I could actually see us take him at 45.

9.  Why do you think that?  Size?  Level of competition?

10.  No big shock there.  But they are in a great position no matter what they do.

(04-27-2021, 11:03 AM)JNev Wrote: Where does Justin Fields land? Draft Twitter is obsessed with the guy and some even think he’s better than Trevor. Chris Simms the hot take machine has him going #32 to Tampa Bay... it’s all crazy

No way Fields lasts to #32. 

I think to the extent he falls, most teams who pass him up will regret it.

(04-27-2021, 08:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: A lot of ESPN hate in here..... Just watch the draft on NFL Network then lol
They have sadly gotten worse over the years.  In fact, last year they combined their coverage.
Wait. Did they really combine coverage?! I hope they don't do that again.

(04-27-2021, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote: They have sadly gotten worse over the years.  In fact, last year they combined their coverage.
Wait. Did they really combine coverage?! I hope they don't do that again.

Yes they did.  I believe it was in response to Covid.

It's my understanding they will not do that this year, though there has been some overlap in their coverage this year (Kiper has appeared on NFLN, and an NFLN guy appeared on ESPN).

Teven jenkins will be gone by 25.

The Fish traded G Ereck Flowers to Washington. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ashington/

They are moving 2nd year guy Robert Hunt inside to G, which opens up a hole at RT.

Between this and Gilbert retiring from the Steelers, two more holes at RT have opened up in the last day or so.

1. Players most likely to be picked by the Jaguars:

Trevor Lawrence
Payton Turner
Pat Freirmuth
Dillon Radunz
Christian Barmore

2. The Jaguars will make at least 2 trades on draft day.

3. Meyer will pass on any players who opted out last season.

4. O-Line will need minor surgery on his right hand after punching several holes in his wall following Jaguar picks (I love his passion, however!).

The closer we get the more my gut says Oweh is going to be the pick at 25 if he's there.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 01:39 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Now for some CRAZY Predictions. If I hit on one I'll be surprised:

-Some team trades up at the bottom of the first/top of the second for Kyle Trask
-49ers take Justin Fields (hey, it's a 33% chance!. Honestly at this point I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan knows what they're going to do)
-Broncos don't draft a QB
-Eagles draft Jaylen Waddle
-Vikings trade down
-Kellen Mond will be the 7th QB taken
-Lions trade down

(04-27-2021, 11:03 AM)JNev Wrote: Where does Justin Fields land? Draft Twitter is obsessed with the guy and some even think he’s better than Trevor. Chris Simms the hot take machine has him going #32 to Tampa Bay... it’s all crazy

I didn't think Simms played long enough to develop CTE, but the warning signs are there.

If I had to wager, I'd say pick 7. either WAS or NE will trade up for him, and the Broncs will be left on the outside looking in.

(04-27-2021, 01:36 PM)Upper Wrote: The closer we get the more my gut says Oweh is going to be the pick at 25 if he's there.
I hope your gut is wrong. He may turn out to be a great player, but the Jags just can't take a risk based on his potential alone. I want proven players with those top 5 picks. There are enough of those in this draft class. Of course, if they take Oweh I'll be one of his biggest supporters and hope I was dead wrong.

Per NFL Network, Urban Meyer said the Jaguars will use all 10 minutes on the clock before making their pick. This will irritate TV executives, impatient Jaguars fans, and impatient fans alike.

(04-27-2021, 05:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 01:36 PM)Upper Wrote: The closer we get the more my gut says Oweh is going to be the pick at 25 if he's there.
I hope your gut is wrong. He may turn out to be a great player, but the Jags just can't take a risk based on his potential alone. I want proven players with those top 5 picks. There are enough of those in this draft class. Of course, if they take Oweh I'll be one of his biggest supporters and hope I was dead wrong.

If he had the sack totals everyone wants then he would be going top 10, we can capitalize on the flukiness of sacks (in a shortened pandemic season no less...) and get a very nice value.

(04-27-2021, 05:29 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I hope your gut is wrong. He may turn out to be a great player, but the Jags just can't take a risk based on his potential alone. I want proven players with those top 5 picks. There are enough of those in this draft class. Of course, if they take Oweh I'll be one of his biggest supporters and hope I was dead wrong.

If he had the sack totals everyone wants then he would be going top 10, we can capitalize on the flukiness of sacks (in a shortened pandemic season no less...) and get a very nice value.

Flukiness? Sacks mean the guy can finish. Oweh is not a finisher.

(04-27-2021, 05:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:29 PM)Upper Wrote: If he had the sack totals everyone wants then he would be going top 10, we can capitalize on the flukiness of sacks (in a shortened pandemic season no less...) and get a very nice value.

Flukiness? Sacks mean the guy can finish. Oweh is not a finisher.

It miiiiight mean that over a sample size that is years and years long, but in any one season (especially a shortened pandemic season...and as a sophomore) sacks 100% lie. As has been demonstrated regularly, pressures predict future sacks WAY more accurately than sacks predict future sacks...and Oweh stacks pressures as well as anyone.

Obviously I'm not going to convince the more old school people, but if we take him I will be perfectly content.

(04-27-2021, 01:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Players most likely to be picked by the Jaguars:

Trevor Lawrence
  Payton Turner
  Pat Freirmuth
  Dillon Radunz
  Christian Barmore

4. O-Line will need minor surgery on his right hand after punching several holes in his wall following Jaguar picks (I love his passion, however!).

I have extra ice and spackling available, just in case. LOL.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 09:32 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-27-2021, 01:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Players most likely to be picked by the Jaguars:

Trevor Lawrence
  Payton Turner
  Pat Freirmuth
  Dillon Radunz
  Christian Barmore

All sound plausible, but hopefully O-Line won't need it after this draft because we draft exceptionally well.

(04-27-2021, 01:39 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Now for some CRAZY Predictions.  If I hit on one I'll be surprised:

-Some team trades up at the bottom of the first/top of the second for Kyle Trask
-49ers take Justin Fields (hey, it's a 33% chance!.  Honestly at this point I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan knows what they're going to do)
-Broncos don't draft a QB
-Eagles draft Jaylen Waddle
-Vikings trade down
-Kellen Mond will be the 7th QB taken
-Lions trade down

None of these sound particularly crazy.

QBs often get overdrafted.  A QB desperate team could look at Trask see his frame, etc and decide to take a shot, though I think this happens mid 2nd round.

Broncos could miss out on a QB, which would suck for them considering all of that receiving talent they have.

The Eagles are a mess.  Hard to believe they won it all in the 2017 season.

Vikings trading back would be mildly surprising.

Lions trading back would be less surprising than the Vikings trading back, because QBs will still be available.