Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Last Minute Draft Predictions

(04-27-2021, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 01:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Players most likely to be picked by the Jaguars:

Trevor Lawrence
  Payton Turner
  Pat Freirmuth
  Dillon Radunz
  Christian Barmore

2. The Jaguars will make at least 2 trades on draft day.

3. Meyer will pass on any players who opted out last season.

4. O-Line will need minor surgery on his right hand after punching several holes in his wall following Jaguar picks (I love his passion, however!).

I have extra ice and spackling available, just in case. LOL.
But then how would you be able to post on here?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With the news of Farley testing positive for COVID, his back injury’s and not having played for 500 days. I predict he falls to round 3. Where we take him at 65.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 10:27 AM by Mikey.)

(04-27-2021, 05:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per NFL Network, Urban Meyer said the Jaguars will use all 10 minutes on the clock before making their pick.  This will irritate TV executives, impatient Jaguars fans, and impatient fans alike.

Why wouldn't they?

Let Tlaw get some camera time, let the analysts have some extra time to discuss the merits of NYJ taking Wilson over the others, what SF will likely do with 3, etc, and room for a commercial break.

(04-27-2021, 07:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Flukiness? Sacks mean the guy can finish. Oweh is not a finisher.

It miiiiight mean that over a sample size that is years and years long, but in any one season (especially a shortened pandemic season...and as a sophomore) sacks 100% lie. As has been demonstrated regularly, pressures predict future sacks WAY more accurately than sacks predict future sacks...and Oweh stacks pressures as well as anyone.

Obviously I'm not going to convince the more old school people, but if we take him I will be perfectly content.

It all depends on who we pass on to take him. Someone like Oweh presents risk. Low (ish) floor, high ceiling. If we pass on a guy with a higher floor, but a lower ceiling, who also fills a big need, I could see outrage from the board.

I'll be several beers in by the time the pick is in, so I'm sure I will have a smile on my face, no matter who we take.

(04-27-2021, 05:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per NFL Network, Urban Meyer said the Jaguars will use all 10 minutes on the clock before making their pick.  This will irritate TV executives, impatient Jaguars fans, and impatient fans alike.

That makes me nervous.

(04-28-2021, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

Let Tlaw get some camera time, let the analysts have some extra time to discuss the merits of NYJ taking Wilson over the others, what SF will likely do with 3, etc, and room for a commercial break.

(04-28-2021, 10:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [quote='Bullseye' pid='1373362' dateline='1619557989']
Per NFL Network, Urban Meyer said the Jaguars will use all 10 minutes on the clock before making their pick.  This will irritate TV executives, impatient Jaguars fans, and impatient fans alike.

That makes me nervous.

I would use maybe 5-7 minutes. I don't want ANYTHING happening that would in any way jeopardize that pick. I don't need the guy with the card suddenly needing a bathroom break while we're on the clock. I don't need him coming up lame with some sort of injury, or the victim of some sort of foul play. I don't want any e-mail or other technical glitches. The card needs to get in on time. No risk of a pass.

(04-27-2021, 09:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have extra ice and spackling available, just in case. LOL.

Good plan. I hope Urban Meyer is as prepared as you!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-...n-round-1/

(04-27-2021, 09:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have extra ice and spackling available, just in case. LOL.

One-handed typing.  Smile

Yeah, I wouldn't want to risk missing out on a once in a generation prospect because the card didn't get there in time.

(04-28-2021, 11:12 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't want to risk missing out on a once in a generation prospect because the card didn't get there in time.

Could you imagine?!?

The embarrassment from that would greatly exceed 1-15.

I had a conversation with my friend yesterday and he's a big Bengals fan. I'm actually starting to think Cincinnati might actually screw this draft up and take Ja'Marr Chase at #5. This makes absolutely no sense, given that their O-Line is so incredibly incompetent and taking into account of how deep this WR class is and that they already have two good starting WR's in Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins, but this is the Bengals, so anything is possible. My friend normally goes to 3-4 games a year, but he said he is ready to give up on them if they take Chase over an OT or a trade down. Ideally, he wants to trade down with the Broncos adding a bunch of draft capital and still being able to select Slater or Darrisaw, but I doubt that happens. Personally, I hope they do pass on an OT. That would push the top guys further down the board and hopefully someone like Teven Jenkins falls to us at #25.

So my new prediction is the Bengals taking Ja'Marr Chase at #5, pushing the OT's down the board.

I am really hating all this buzz saying we love Myers on day 2. I think he is a 5th round guy or so.

(04-28-2021, 11:22 AM)Upper Wrote: I am really hating all this buzz saying we love Myers on day 2. I think he is a 5th round guy or so.

Josh Myers? That would be a terrible selection. He's just a so-so pass blocker.

(04-28-2021, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I had a conversation with my friend yesterday and he's a big Bengals fan. I'm actually starting to think Cincinnati might actually screw this draft up and take Ja'Marr Chase at #5. This makes absolutely no sense, given that their O-Line is so incredibly incompetent and taking into account of how deep this WR class is and that they already have two good starting WR's in Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins, but this is the Bengals, so anything is possible. My friend normally goes to 3-4 games a year, but he said he is ready to give up on them if they take Chase over an OT or a trade down. Ideally, he wants to trade down with the Broncos adding a bunch of draft capital and still being able to select Slater or Darrisaw, but I doubt that happens. Personally, I hope they do pass on an OT. That would push the top guys further down the board and hopefully someone like Teven Jenkins falls to us at #25.

So my new prediction is the Bengals taking Ja'Marr Chase at #5, pushing the OT's down the board.

Sometimes teams get too cute.

I'f I'm GM for the Bengals, I stay right where I am and take Sewell.  Protect the franchise QB.  You've had such a hard time filling that position.  You now easily have the best one since Carson Palmor (possibly even better than him).  Protect him.  Don't overthink it.

(04-28-2021, 11:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 11:22 AM)Upper Wrote: I am really hating all this buzz saying we love Myers on day 2. I think he is a 5th round guy or so.

Josh Myers? That would be a terrible selection. He's just a so-so pass blocker.

I know but I've seen it rumored like a dozen times now. Haven't seen hardly anything about Davis either which is weird since he is actually solid and would be a fine pick at 65.

(04-28-2021, 11:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: Why wouldn't they?

That makes me nervous.

I would use maybe 5-7 minutes.  I don't want ANYTHING happening that would in any way jeopardize that pick.  I don't need the guy with the card suddenly needing a bathroom break while we're on the clock.  I don't need him coming up lame with some sort of injury, or the victim of some sort of foul play.  I don't want any e-mail or other technical glitches.  The card needs to get in on time.  No risk of a pass.

What would be really funny is, when the commissioner comes out and says, "Welcome to the 2021 NFL Draft, the Jaguars are on the clock."  And he looks down and our rep is in front of the podium waving the card at him.

(04-28-2021, 11:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 11:12 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't want to risk missing out on a once in a generation prospect because the card didn't get there in time.

Could you imagine?!?

We'd never live it down.  People would never bring up "Punter in the third round" or "tyson Alualu" again.  It'd be "Forgot to draft Trevor Lawrence."

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 11:50 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-28-2021, 11:40 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 11:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Could you imagine?!?

We'd never live it down.  People would never bring up "Punter in the third round" or "tyson Alualu" again.  It'd be "Forgot to draft Trevor Lawrence."

As unpleasant as all of the losing as been, I know it happens in the NFL.  But despite it all, I can still wear my Jaguars gear with pride and hope.

If somehow we failed to get the card in on time and we lost out on Trevor Lawrence, that would be my breaking point.  My buddy-the obnoxious Bills fan0would never let me hear the end of it.  I'd have to leave town.  Change my identity.

(04-28-2021, 11:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 11:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I would use maybe 5-7 minutes.  I don't want ANYTHING happening that would in any way jeopardize that pick.  I don't need the guy with the card suddenly needing a bathroom break while we're on the clock.  I don't need him coming up lame with some sort of injury, or the victim of some sort of foul play.  I don't want any e-mail or other technical glitches.  The card needs to get in on time.  No risk of a pass.

What would be really funny is, when the commissioner comes out and says, "Welcome to the 2021 NFL Draft, the Jaguars are on the clock."  And he looks down and our rep is in front of the podium waving the card at him.

Laughing
I'd much rather see that.

ZERO shame whatsoever.

(04-28-2021, 11:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Could you imagine?!?

I guess we'd wind up with Zach Wilson, and hoping that Chris Simms is right.

(04-28-2021, 11:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 11:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I would use maybe 5-7 minutes.  I don't want ANYTHING happening that would in any way jeopardize that pick.  I don't need the guy with the card suddenly needing a bathroom break while we're on the clock.  I don't need him coming up lame with some sort of injury, or the victim of some sort of foul play.  I don't want any e-mail or other technical glitches.  The card needs to get in on time.  No risk of a pass.

Hahah that would be hilarious.

Or if Kanye comes out and says “Goodell. Ima let you finish but the Jags are taking Trevor.”