Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 09:18 AM by homebiscuit.)

Had Tebow accepted the Taysom Hill-like position offered to him back in his younger days, he would have probably played in the league for a few years. I get it, he wanted to be the QB - a lifelong dream. But when reality comes knocking, you have to adapt. It sure would have done his bank account a favor.

(04-30-2021, 09:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I can't believe people want a 33 year-old project that's never played the position.  

Then we talk about 'trick plays' when passing was arguably the weakest part of his game.  Not even a 48% career passer in the NFL.

My guess is they'll give him a shot in training camp as a marketing and promotional gimmick. The NFL is a business, after all. What do they have to lose?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2021, 09:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Had Tebow accepted the Taysom Hill-like position offered to him back in his younger days, he would have probably played in the league for a few years. I get it, he wanted to be the QB - a lifelong dream. But when reality comes knocking, you have to adapt. It sure would have done his bank account a favor.

(04-30-2021, 09:12 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I can't believe people want a 33 year-old project that's never played the position.  

Then we talk about 'trick plays' when passing was arguably the weakest part of his game.  Not even a 48% career passer in the NFL.

My guess is they'll give him a shot in training camp as a marketing and promotional gimmick. The NFL is a business, after all. What do they have to lose?

I dont' think he's hurting for money.
He gets so much money from endorsements and other things that any salary pales in comparison.

[quote pid='1375047' dateline='1619788582']
[/quote]

No.  Just no.   Can you imagine the uproar from the Tebots if they cut him?   And the first time TL has a bad game they will demand Tebow at QB.

No reason to bring the circus to town.

Urban and Tebow are very good friends. I think Tebow asked him for the try-out, and Urban said OK due to the friendship. However, circus aside, I don't see Urban giving him a 53 man roster spot if he sucks at the TE position. I think Tebow's best chance is to become the oldest practice squad player in team history for a year.

(04-30-2021, 09:51 AM)Perkolater Wrote: [quote pid='1375047' dateline='1619788582']

No.  Just no.   Can you imagine the uproar from the Tebots if they cut him?   And the first time TL has a bad game they will demand Tebow at QB.

[/quote]

Tebowmania isn’t as intense as it once was. If they do bring him in for the notoriety it’ll be fun, but there’s really nothing for either to lose. He gets another 15 minutes in the spotlight and the Jaguars get extra mention on NFL Network.

If anything it will finally put Tebow’s aspirations to bed.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 10:56 AM by Perkolater.)

(04-30-2021, 10:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:51 AM)Perkolater Wrote: No.  Just no.   Can you imagine the uproar from the Tebots if they cut him?   And the first time TL has a bad game they will demand Tebow at QB.

Tebowmania isn’t as intense as it once was. If they do bring him in for the notoriety it’ll be fun, but there’s really nothing for either to lose. He gets another 15 minutes in the spotlight and the Jaguars get extra mention on NFL Network.

If anything it will finally put Tebow’s aspirations to bed.

I stand by my opinion that there is no reason to bring the circus to town now.    Tebow would become the story and overshadow TL.   No reason to go there for an unproven 33 year old, never played a down at the position TE on a team that may FINALLY be ready to start ascending.    I just don't see where the payoff is for this.

This is exactly what Tebow and his PR department want people to do... talk about him when the best thing that's ever happened to our franchise just got drafted.

He still wants his $40k+ speaking engagement contracts. He NEEDs to stay relevant.

(04-30-2021, 10:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: This is exactly what Tebow and his PR department want people to do... talk about him when the best thing that's ever happened to our franchise just got drafted.

He still wants his $40k+ speaking engagement contracts. He NEEDs to stay relevant.

Yup. They even leaked this on day 1 of the draft to overshadow TL.

Nothing is going to overshadow TL. I can't even imagine Tebow being good enough to make the roster after being out of the league for so long and with a position switch to boot. He would be an interesting story at this point, but that's about it.

(04-30-2021, 11:04 AM)scottyg Wrote: Nothing is going to overshadow TL. I can't even imagine Tebow being good enough to make the roster after being out of the league for so long and with a position switch to boot. He would be an interesting story at this point, but that's about it.

You could be right. But the question in my mind remains, what is the upside of this scenario? Does anyone really think Tebow is going to be an elite TE? Why even bring in the possibility of distraction on this team now?

(04-30-2021, 11:10 AM)Perkolater Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:04 AM)scottyg Wrote: Nothing is going to overshadow TL.  I can't even imagine Tebow being good enough to make the roster after being out of the league for so long and with a position switch to boot.  He would be an interesting story at this point, but that's about it.

You could be right.  But the question in my mind remains, what is the upside of this scenario?  Does anyone really think Tebow is going to be an elite TE?   Why even bring in the possibility of  distraction on this team now?

It adds more fans. Christian and Gator nation to the Jags following.  That along with Clemson nation and you've just quadrupled your fan base, TV ratings and stadium ticket buying.

(04-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:10 AM)Perkolater Wrote: You could be right.  But the question in my mind remains, what is the upside of this scenario?  Does anyone really think Tebow is going to be an elite TE?   Why even bring in the possibility of  distraction on this team now?

It adds more fans. Christian and Gator nation to the Jags following.  That along with Clemson nation and you've just quadrupled your fan base, TV ratings and stadium ticket buying.

TEBOW IS AN OLD FART, you don't start a new position in the NFL at 33. We are looking to build a championship football team, NOT A CIRCUS!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-30-2021, 11:04 AM)scottyg Wrote: Nothing is going to overshadow TL.  I can't even imagine Tebow being good enough to make the roster after being out of the league for so long and with a position switch to boot.  He would be an interesting story at this point, but that's about it.

You could be right.  But the question in my mind remains, what is the upside of this scenario?  Does anyone really think Tebow is going to be an elite TE?   Why even bring in the possibility of  distraction on this team now?

Considering what we have on the roster, he could be far from elite and still be better than the worst of our TEs.  I can't imagine him even getting that far though.  The upside is it's a feel-good story, and I don't see it traveling much further than that.  Downside, he doesn't make the roster, and it's kind of a weird look.  
As some have said, it's too bad he didn't commit to a position change 8 years ago...  He probably could have made a good career out of it.

(04-30-2021, 11:10 AM)Perkolater Wrote:   Does anyone really think Tebow is going to be an elite TE?   Why even bring in the possibility of  distraction on this team now?

I don't think he can catch.
But I think he could still be very usefull as a goal line or 1st down back like he was his freshman year at Florida.

That and a positive locker room guy.

....it saves us the cost of having a team chaplain?

I've never seen a TE option play, maybe Urbz can draw up the next Wildcat offense.

(04-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:10 AM)Perkolater Wrote: You could be right.  But the question in my mind remains, what is the upside of this scenario?  Does anyone really think Tebow is going to be an elite TE?   Why even bring in the possibility of  distraction on this team now?

I love how stupid poor (I mean financially) Christians are... they will pay $200 for a ticket to see their messiah (Tebow) speak but scream and yell for food stamps for the 6 kids they can't feed. Tebow is not a good person for taking advantage of the poor, dumb Christian. He's just like his fake parents.

Gotta love it.

(04-30-2021, 12:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: It adds more fans. Christian and Gator nation to the Jags following.  That along with Clemson nation and you've just quadrupled your fan base, TV ratings and stadium ticket buying.

I love how stupid poor (I mean financially) Christians are... they will pay $200 for a ticket to see their messiah (Tebow) speak but scream and yell for food stamps for the 6 kids they can't feed. Tebow is not a good person for taking advantage of the poor, dumb Christian. He's just like his fake parents.

Gotta love it.

There's really so much wrong with your statement here.  At least you're speaking out of love, right?

(04-30-2021, 12:07 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I love how stupid poor (I mean financially) Christians are... they will pay $200 for a ticket to see their messiah (Tebow) speak but scream and yell for food stamps for the 6 kids they can't feed. Tebow is not a good person for taking advantage of the poor, dumb Christian. He's just like his fake parents.

Gotta love it.

There's really so much wrong with your statement here.  At least you're speaking out of love, right?

Hey next time you see their mansion you tell me it's cause of love.

(04-30-2021, 12:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: It adds more fans. Christian and Gator nation to the Jags following.  That along with Clemson nation and you've just quadrupled your fan base, TV ratings and stadium ticket buying.

Gotta love it.

Can you show us on the doll where the Christian touched you?

(04-30-2021, 12:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:02 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I love how stupid poor (I mean financially) Christians are... they will pay $200 for a ticket to see their messiah (Tebow) speak but scream and yell for food stamps for the 6 kids they can't feed. Tebow is not a good person for taking advantage of the poor, dumb Christian. He's just like his fake parents.

Gotta love it.

Can you show us on the doll where the Christian touched you?

And it's attitudes like this that allow people to take advantage of the average dumb Christian.