Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 08:02 AM by Mikey.)

(06-22-2021, 03:20 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:19 PM)Dimson Wrote: This is a grouse exaggeration.  I am in no way a Tebow worshiper. Not even close. But you can't deny when Elway took over he wanted Tebow gone. He didn't care that he just led them to a play off win. Jughead coming available made that decision even easier.

So? no one, NOT ONE TEAM wanted Tebow as a QB simply because he sucks at it.

How could you tank for Teddy if you had a known winner like Timmy taking snaps?
Rolleyes

(06-22-2021, 04:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 12:49 PM)Mikey Wrote: now you done it....

Inviting Tebow to TE University would be even be 10x worse than inviting Taven Bryan to DL University.

I have a lot more faith in the teaching at DLU than I did from Wash U!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-22-2021, 06:02 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 'Led them to a playoff win'

Did he not? Not to mention he threw the game winning TD in Over Time.

And David Garrard was a great QB because that one time he handed the ball off to our RBs and they ran for 375 yards against the horseshoes.

I mean, without him taking the snaps, they'd have been lost

(06-22-2021, 08:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 06:39 PM)Dimson Wrote: I'd give him a shot. Why not? Lol.

Well, other than the fact that he's still on an NFL roster as a Quarterback...which shows just how truly terrible Tebow was at the position.

Clearly I was joking.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-22-2021, 02:19 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 10:21 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So Dimson is officially on flgatorsandjags level when it comes to Tebow Worship.

This is a grouse exaggeration.  I am in no way a Tebow worshiper. Not even close. But you can't deny when Elway took over he wanted Tebow gone. He didn't care that he just led them to a play off win. Jughead coming available made that decision even easier.
(emphasis added)

Given his statistical lack of production, both as an individual and as the leader of the offense, there is serious doubt that Tebow "led" that Broncos team anywhere.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-24-2021, 03:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:19 PM)Dimson Wrote: This is a grouse exaggeration.  I am in no way a Tebow worshiper. Not even close. But you can't deny when Elway took over he wanted Tebow gone. He didn't care that he just led them to a play off win. Jughead coming available made that decision even easier.
(emphasis added)

Given his statistical lack of production, both as an individual and as the leader of the offense, there is serious doubt that Tebow "led" that Broncos team anywhere.

You could say the same about Peyton in his two Super Bowl wins. He won because of his defense, both times.

(06-24-2021, 04:21 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 03:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: (emphasis added)

You could say the same about Peyton in his two Super Bowl wins. He won because of his defense, both times.

Yup, the Super Bowl with the Broncos he really did nothing when they won. He was a shell of a QB.

And then he choked in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks.
and choked against the Ravens in the Divisional Round when he was still good.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 04:50 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Meh to the first. Yes to the second.

They still wouldn't have gotten to that game without him. That cannot be said for Teblow.

You know he was MVP in the Super Bowl against the Bears...right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-24-2021, 04:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 04:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: You could say the same about Peyton in his two Super Bowl wins. He won because of his defense, both times.

They still wouldn't have gotten to that game without him. That cannot be said for Teblow.

When he was on Denver?  No...they won in spite of him.  He had 9 TDs and 17 interceptions.  That year he was beyond washed up.  He got benched for Osweiler mid-season.

But, to the point.  He's comparing a 24-year old to a washed up 39 year-old QB.  Pretty weak.

And his other Super Bowl he was voted MVP.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What makes you think that Tivo didn't win a playoff game because of the defense?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-24-2021, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 04:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: You could say the same about Peyton in his two Super Bowl wins. He won because of his defense, both times.

What makes you think that Tivo didn't win a playoff game because of the defense?

I know that if Denver gave up more than 17 points they were almost guaranteed to lose.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's not about tebow playing qb anymore, so what's the point about arguing about it? He's trying to make a comeback at a different position. The odds are against him, but it's a fun story to watch.

(06-24-2021, 08:01 PM)Jag88 Wrote: It's not about tebow playing qb anymore, so what's the point about arguing about it? He's trying to make a comeback at a different position. The odds are against him, but it's a fun story to watch.

It's not really fun. That would be someone who has encountered some hardships and earned a chance.

This is all about cronyism with maybe some politics sprinkled in.

But if Tebow doesn't make the team, it won't be "I guess I was wrong, it wasn't rank cronyism, it was just a chance to see if he could do it."

It will be "It was rank cronyism, and Tebow is so terrible that rank cronyism met its match."

(06-24-2021, 09:27 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: But if Tebow doesn't make the team, it won't be "I guess I was wrong, it wasn't rank cronyism,  it was just a chance to see if he could do it."

It will be "It was rank cronyism,  and Tebow is so terrible that rank cronyism met its match."

You should go ahead and get presumptively mad about it now.

(06-24-2021, 05:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 04:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Meh to the first. Yes to the second.

When he was on Denver?  No...they won in spite of him.  He had 9 TDs and 17 interceptions.  That year he was beyond washed up.  He got benched for Osweiler mid-season.

But, to the point.  He's comparing a 24-year old to a washed up 39 year-old QB.  Pretty weak.

I remember him being average that game. Plus it was the Bears. They might be the worst Super Bowl team in memory.

(06-24-2021, 11:11 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 05:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When he was on Denver?  No...they won in spite of him.  He had 9 TDs and 17 interceptions.  That year he was beyond washed up.  He got benched for Osweiler mid-season.

I remember him being average that game. Plus it was the Bears. They might be the worst Super Bowl team in memory.

Yeah, Rex Grossman choked for the Bears. Wasn't an NFL caliber QB.

Manning had an 81.8 QB Rating, with 1 TD and 1 INT. He essentially won the MVP by default.

Then he completely choked in his Super Bowl vs the Saints.
Peyton has never been good in the big games going back to Tennessee.

His brother is a much better big game QB.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 08:15 AM by Mikey.)

Absolutely. Peyton is "Mr. October". Rhodes should have won the first MVP, but I still believe that the award was given to Peyton because they weren't sure he'd ever make it back. Seemed they always would stumble against NE or PIT every postseason.

(06-24-2021, 04:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

The first SB Rhodes was the MVP and everyone knows it. It was a rain-soaked slog and Peyton did nothing fantastic in the game. It was a lifetime achievement award.

(06-24-2021, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

You know he was MVP in the Super Bowl against the Bears...right?

You did watch that crapfest of a super bowl....right?

(06-24-2021, 08:01 PM)Jag88 Wrote: It's not about tebow playing qb anymore, so what's the point about arguing about it? He's trying to make a comeback at a different position. The odds are against him, but it's a fun story to watch.

...I thought he was our short yardage specialst? I'm so cornfused

And yet this thread is littered with people thinking that Urban is giving him a tryout at TE just so he can take snaps at QB in short yardage situations.

(06-25-2021, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
And yet this thread is littered with people thinking that Urban is giving him a tryout at TE just so he can take snaps at QB in short yardage situations.

And those people are delusional, lol.