Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

You guys just crack me up sometimes.....Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2023, 09:55 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe if you take a Statistics class you'll learn about correlation and causation. You clearly don't understand the concept.

LOL.  I bet you're the type of guy that poo poo's people with an actual education...  Statistics and the concept of how variables interact within a scientific study are 2 separate concepts.  I know because I had to take Statistics 250 twice because I thought it was an easy course and failed it the first time.  And I know about scientific study because I graduated with 36 credits in that discipline.  But I bet you felt really smart when you said what you did.  Good for you.  I tried to break down how some observations may appear to be related, but actually are not.  And what was your reply?  

Well your reply was that I don't understand the concept that I just explained to you.  Touche'.  Ya got me.

I'm happy for you. I'm sure you think that University education is a terrible thing to have.  I'm glad I have it.  And I'm happy for you for not having it.  You know you're better than me.  And I'm happy for you for thinking that way.  I'm sad that you close off so much from yourself.  But, if that makes you happy.

Then I'm happy for you.

(11-11-2023, 09:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [Image: rachel-and-phoebe-kiss-love-sweet-gif-16608783.gif]

Here's my favorite kissing scene from a movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDg0P2ALzm8

Who's scruffy lookin'????

Almost like I was mocking you. Well, not really almost. But that's OK, your response and it's assumptions about me show your bias and makes the chuckle that much sweeter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-10-2023, 09:04 PM)carp8dm Wrote: looking at trends is basic analysis.  Correlation is not causation.  But certain posters aren't wise enough to understand this.  So I googled something that would help those slower than us understand.  

Ice Cream Sales are linked with Violent Crimes....  It's been reported that as the rate of ice cream sales increase, the rate of violent crimes also increases ?  So clearly violent crimes and ice cream sales are related!  Of course a wise person understands that there is a 3rd variable.  Warmer weather makes people go out more frequently and interact with each other more.  And that additional variable is the reason why violent crimes happen more in the summer - and why ice cream sales happen more in the summer.  While it appears that ice cream and violence are causal to another, a smart person would understand that certain correlations do not imply that there is any relation as to why either variable occurs.  A mod would say that we should no longer sell ice cream.  A wise person would understand that, while they are correlated, they are not causal.  It's a difficult thing for certain people to understand.

Observing how certain trends are spurious and not connected to overall dynamics is difficult.

A person that looks at RB valuations over the last 4 years and then concludes that RBs are not important is as wise as those who assume if we ban ice cream there will be less violent crime.

ETN is the real deal.  He was a great pick up.  

CMC is the real deal too.  He was worth the trade.

Saquan Barkley was the real deal.  The Giants devalued him, and look at them now. 

There's a reason that our defense focuses on stopping the running game.  But don't tell that to the mods...  Shhh...  A good RB isn't a valued position, just stop selling ice cream...

This is what the dairy board wants you to think. Just keep buying their product and keep doing the crimes. Everything will be ok.

(11-30-2023, 12:55 AM)Eric1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-fqRA1zCG4

BAP at the pick we got him and a Need pick as well...

Can't go wrong with that!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!