Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(06-16-2021, 05:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 05:51 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Just go root for another team for god's sake!

Make me

Fans of other teams are welcome here as long as they're not trolling.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-16-2021, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote: Etienne is definitely going to be better than Fournette simply because he is built for this era and not 1960s football.

If it wasn't for the fact that he is going to be demanding a 15M+ contract as soon as we will hopefully be entering our prime contention window he could be a fine pick. Unfortunately that upside is always going to be capped because of how it's going to hamper our team building abilities when we most need that flexibility.

What other player wouldn't be demanding that after their rookie contract? If he plays to the level expected of him, he will earn that money. If not, he won't.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-16-2021, 06:11 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 10:45 AM)Upper Wrote: Etienne is definitely going to be better than Fournette simply because he is built for this era and not 1960s football.

If it wasn't for the fact that he is going to be demanding a 15M+ contract as soon as we will hopefully be entering our prime contention window he could be a fine pick. Unfortunately that upside is always going to be capped because of how it's going to hamper our team building abilities when we most need that flexibility.

What other player wouldn't be demanding that after their rookie contract? If he plays to the level expected of him, he will earn that money. If not, he won't.

Any position other than running back, and probably guard and off ball linebacker (my god this teams investment priorities have been [BLEEP] backwards), would be worth paying.

Out with a foot injury against the Saints.

Hope he can make a speedy recovery.

Of us using a first round pick on a HB, and then barely using the RB's at all when the season started. I love ETNs potential but man it's a head scratcher seeing how our offense is being called.

We weren't even going to use him as a RB. He was going to be a slash player.

(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: We weren't even going to use him as a RB.  He was going to be a slash player.

...which we already had on the roster!!

:headdesk:

Sucks even worse seeing a lot of the guys we were debating at 25 balling out. Oweh has been such a monster and would be insanely good in this scheme and would be such a good pairing with Josh Allen. Sigh.

(09-21-2021, 11:33 AM)Upper Wrote: Sucks even worse seeing a lot of the guys we were debating at 25 balling out. Oweh has been such a monster and would be insanely good in this scheme and would be such a good pairing with Josh Allen. Sigh.

Lets let Etienne play for us first before we get buyers remorse. He's as broken up about his injury as the fanbase is. I'm with you I'm never a fan of RB's in the first round (at ANY spot) but I think the kid was the last top tier athlete and all around playmaker left on the board. I think he'll have a terrific career in teal!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-21-2021, 03:05 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think the kid was the last top tier athlete and all around playmaker left on the board.

Both Moore's went after him...

(09-21-2021, 03:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 03:05 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think the kid was the last top tier athlete and all around playmaker left on the board.

Both Moore's went after him...

Soooo you don't want to draft a RB in the 1st round. But a diminutive WR (Rondale Moore = 5'7" & Elijah Moore = 5'9") is perfectly fine?? I'd rather have Etienne than both of them tbqh. Not that they're not decent players, but they're not in the caliber/tier that Etienne was based on college production & pedigree.

Rondale is the 3rd/4th receiver for the Cards. He's had 2 good efforts against opposing team's dimebacks; and Elijah Moore has 1 catch for negative 3 yards.

I don't think we missed out on either Moore player. Smaller guys that time fast in the 40 are a dime a dozen in the mid rounds. I think Etienne would perform better in the "slash" role this offense utilizes than either of the 2 Moores.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

You know if he wasn't injured we would probably be 0-2 right now.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-21-2021, 03:22 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 03:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Both Moore's went after him...

Soooo you don't want to draft a RB in the 1st round. But a diminutive WR (Rondale Moore = 5'7" & Elijah Moore = 5'9") is perfectly fine?? I'd rather have Etienne than both of them tbqh. Not that they're not decent players, but they're not in the caliber/tier that Etienne was based on college production & pedigree.

Rondale is the 3rd/4th receiver for the Cards. He's had 2 good efforts against opposing team's dimebacks; and Elijah Moore has 1 catch for negative 3 yards.

I don't think we missed out on either Moore player. Smaller guys that time fast in the 40 are a dime a dozen in the mid rounds. I think Etienne would perform better in the "slash" role this offense utilizes than either of the 2 Moores.

I'm not even saying I would have taken them at 25, my final hope/prediction was Oweh, but yeah they would have both been better picks than Etienne. By a lot.

(09-21-2021, 04:17 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 03:22 PM)Firesky Wrote: Soooo you don't want to draft a RB in the 1st round. But a diminutive WR (Rondale Moore = 5'7" & Elijah Moore = 5'9") is perfectly fine?? I'd rather have Etienne than both of them tbqh. Not that they're not decent players, but they're not in the caliber/tier that Etienne was based on college production & pedigree.

I'm not even saying I would have taken them at 25, my final hope/prediction was Oweh, but yeah they would have both been better picks than Etienne. By a lot.

Oweh or Rosseau or OL would've made sense there for sure.

I highly doubt either Moore will be a better overall player in the league than Etienne will
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I hate seeing young players get injured

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 08:44 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

Can't sit till we get this guy on the field next year.  He will help our offense a ton.  Harris had 14 catches yesterday for over 100 yards.  If Etienne is 100% he will be dynamic for us.  The one positive from the injury is his body will be rested up a year and I think he has a huge year with JROb

Travis just said in the press conference he's been running in the pool. Next step is squats and similar. He expects to be back for training camp. He also indicated he is going to be 100% when he's back. I mean, obviously that's what he's going to say but he did sound positive.

(01-10-2022, 11:40 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Travis just said in the press conference he's been running in the pool. Next step is squats and similar. He expects to be back  for training camp. He also indicated he is going to be 100% when he's back. I mean, obviously that's what he's going to say but he did sound positive.

I very much hope he's right. We paid dearly for him with that draft pick.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

https://youtu.be/wQZRav-Ef6c

Great interview, glad we got him. He said one team had him do a rap video pre draft, [BLEEP]? Said he talked to the Bills almost every day and felt he was a lock to the Bills if he fell there.