Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

And who's to say the Bucs wouldn't have picked him up at 32?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would have rather had Najee if they were set on drafting a RB in the first round. But what's one is done.

I like it. A lot. We have a RB 1-2 punch like we did when we have Fred and MOJO. Would have liked Moehrig, but I like the pick.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 11:53 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Losing franchises make this type of pick. Especially with the amount of holes on this roster.

How many times does it need to be proven that you can find backs anywhere.

You’d think this franchise would learn that wasting valuable assets on this position wins you absolutely nothing.

But here we are.

Again.

(04-29-2021, 11:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 11:44 PM)Upper Wrote: No, it's not basically second round. And here's a hint, Etienne at 33 would have been a horrible pick too.

Yeah, it is. Late first round is a drop off from a precipice almost. That’s why you’ll often see teams trade out if they think they can get the player in the second round. And at 33 he would have been a steal, some mock drafts had him going on the first round with a high grade

And those mocks were stupid too. There is a reason that the worst case scenario threads were littered with RB in the first. I'm not playing revisionist history because the Jags made a bad pick and I have to wrap my biases around it to make myself feel better. Go look at all of the excitement over all of the studs available when we went on the clock. Not a single person saying Etienne. Virtually everyone would have said it was a dumb pick half an hour ago, and they would have been right. Nothing has changed. Stop being a slave to your fanaticism.

This is like the Coby Fleener (Stanford) pick in the 2nd round after Andrew Luck (Stanford) was drafted in the first round. Friend pick.

(04-29-2021, 11:48 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 11:24 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Got our version of Alvin Kamara.

Alvin Kamara was a 4th rounder.

But he obviously wouldn't in a re-draft. No way Etienne lasts until the 4th round.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Ready to get my ETN jersey!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Shoot, if my friend put up the following stats:

- 686 att, 4952 rush yards, 7.2 avg, 70 rush TDs
- 102 rec, 1155 rec yards, 11.3 avg, 8 rec TDs

I'd be pulling for him too.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:03 AM by SamusAranX.)

(04-29-2021, 11:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 11:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Yeah, it is. Late first round is a drop off from a precipice almost. That’s why you’ll often see teams trade out if they think they can get the player in the second round. And at 33 he would have been a steal, some mock drafts had him going on the first round with a high grade

And those mocks were stupid too. There is a reason that the worst case scenario threads were littered with RB in the first. I'm not playing revisionist history because the Jags made a bad pick and I have to wrap my biases around it to make myself feel better. Go look at all of the excitement over all of the studs available when we went on the clock. Not a single person saying Etienne. Virtually everyone would have said it was a dumb pick half an hour ago, and they would have been right. Nothing has changed. Stop being a slave to your fanaticism.

I’m not a slave to anyone. I have no bias towards it either way. 

I guess you know it all. I am so sorry I forgot to cede to you superior knowledge.  

All you do is whine and moan about everything this team does. You’re TMD 2.0

(04-29-2021, 11:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ready to get my ETN jersey!!

No no don’t do that, he’s a bust already! Didn’t you hear? He had no business being drafted at 25 and there’s no way we should give him a shot to prove himself.

(04-30-2021, 12:00 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: All you do is whine and moan about everything this team does. You’re TMD 2.0

Only when they do something wrong...which is unfortunately almost always. We better pray Trevor Lawrence is indeed the savior because he is going to have to carry an extraordinarily heavily load.

Etienne will be a stud. Can't wait to be a team that has defenses on their heels

I think Etienne is an incredible player. Hopefully he'll be great for us. But I still think drafting an RB in the first round given everything this team is lacking was a bad idea. I do think he'd have went in the first round. Possibly to Buffalo. I just think you can find RB's pretty easily in the draft, and don't need to spend a first round on one unless it's your ONLY missing part. And it wasn't for us by a long shot.

If you don't have a stacked team you better be very good in one aspect.

I love the pick, didn't think he'd last until 25!

James Robinson over achieved but he isn't a dynamic enough player. He'll be great in a two back field tho. Unless you have a Derrick Henry, the two back system is the way to go.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:13 AM by jaguarmvp.)

Lots of hypocrites here:

Most of the board: Says, "Draft best available player"

(Jags did that)

Cries: "we should of filled "X" hole with that pick.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

(04-30-2021, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:00 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: All you do is whine and moan about everything this team does. You’re TMD 2.0

Only when they do something wrong...which is unfortunately almost always. We better pray Trevor Lawrence is indeed the savior because he is going to have to carry an extraordinarily heavily load.

They just drafted his team mate and one heck of a running back so he won't have to do that.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It's especially laughable because they spent the last few days preaching value value value. Just chalk it up to a rookie head coach who doesn't actually know what value means in NFL terms and move on. Hopefully they have a better day 2.

“BAP and value”

Lol that is the exact opposite of drafting a RB in round 1.

However. I’m going to support Etienne and hope he can be a big play threat for the team. Hopefully they don’t screw up 33 and 45.

(04-30-2021, 12:11 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lots of hypocrites here:

Most of the board:  Says, "Draft best available player"

(Jags did that)

Cries: "we should of filled "X" hole with that pick.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

(04-30-2021, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote: Only when they do something wrong...which is unfortunately almost always. We better pray Trevor Lawrence is indeed the savior because he is going to have to carry an extraordinarily heavily load.

They just drafted his team mate and one heck of a running back so he won't have to do that.

The usual suspects.. They're not even background noise anymore..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Etienne would not have been my pick at 25, but I can understand the value he adds to our offense. His receiving skills are excellent. As was said earlier, most good teams have 2 good backs. Looks like Urban is going to focus on offense since free agency added more defense. I really hope some team is desperate to get a player who dropped and offers the Jaguars a deal too good to turn down at 33. They have all day tomorrow to see if there are any suiters.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:31 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Robinson must have an undisclosed injury or some off the field stuff.

Or maybe Urban didn’t draft Robinson and flat out thinks the rookie is better.

Or we gonna be running that RPO and the RB will mesh perfect for what Urbs wants to do on offense. I think he’s flat out better than Robinson.