Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(04-29-2021, 11:37 PM)jdawg2593 Wrote: First post, but the fact that he can catch the ball out of the back field makes him more valuable.

Welcome to the board, and I agree with this.

Many don't like this pick now, but they will later in the year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

TL hey coach, not a big deal but if Travis E is there at 25 maybe we should take him. We tight.

With the 25 pick Jacksonville selects Travis Eteine

(04-30-2021, 12:30 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: TL hey coach, not a big deal but if Travis E is there at 25 maybe we should take him. We tight.

With the 25 pick Jacksonville selects Travis Eteine

Whatever makes TL comfortable...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

However, literally every single player i would have taken at 25 is still available at the top of round 2. With that being said, our front office is either really stupid and lucked out... or extremely smart and knew exactly how the board would fall.

If we get moehrig/jenkins at the top of round 2, id say they knew what they are doing. If they take a wr or cover lb then im not sure.

Maybe it's much more simple...

Maybe they just took the true best available player. ETN was the highest guy ranked on their board and they followed it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

So we got a dynamic running back and most of the players the whiners would have been fine with are still on the board. Imagine that. Barmore, Moehrig, Jenkins, Moore still available.

I am a bit bummed Darisaw fell to within 2 picks of us. That would have been awesome.

(04-30-2021, 12:39 AM)surfon Wrote: So we got a dynamic running back and most of the players the whiners would have been fine with are still on the board.  Imagine that.  Barmore, Moehrig, Jenkins, Moore still available.

I am a bit bummed Darisaw fell to within 2 picks of us.  That would have been awesome.

Again they preach "best available player" and when the Jags follow that motto they cry about the pick not filling a need.  It's a head scratcher for sure.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Bills. wanted a dynamic rb in Entieene.

You all screaming for non starter tier tackle, it's the Marrone, gene smith, caldwell, jdr philosophy that's deeply embedded into your brains for many years. Urban changing it up and bringing in a dynamic style offense. Gone is the run run pass punt philosophy. Going for 40pts per game like Urban's college days.

(04-30-2021, 12:39 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Maybe it's much more simple...

Maybe they just took the true best available player.  ETN was the highest guy ranked on their board and they followed it.

You have said this in every thread. We all understand the Jags think he was the BPA. 

Many of are voicing frustration because we are skeptical about that, because players that we and many pundits predicted to go earlier are still available. 

Yes, this is a new regime that should probably be given some leeway. But we have been beaten down by prior FO's, and a FO thinking you can beat historical tendencies is normally a losing strategy.

This past season was a dumpster, but I watched every game still just mainly because of JROB... and I have to say the kid is electric. A true 3 down RB. Anyone who disagrees with that, I'd seriously question did you watch the games? Down the stretch literally every single game JROB has 2-3 BIG SPLASH plays called back because of idiotic penalties that were unrelated to his success on the play. This is not a knock on ETN, I think he's a beast... I expect him to play well... but my god... when we have JROB back there you gotta go get help at the numerous other holes we have. Complete head scratcher to me.

(04-30-2021, 12:40 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:39 AM)surfon Wrote: So we got a dynamic running back and most of the players the whiners would have been fine with are still on the board.  Imagine that.  Barmore, Moehrig, Jenkins, Moore still available.

I am a bit bummed Darisaw fell to within 2 picks of us.  That would have been awesome.

Again they preach "best available player" and when the Jags follow that motto they cry about the pick not filling a need.  It's a head scratcher for sure.

Scary times are ahead if Etienne was the BAP on Urbs board.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:56 AM by Mandeezee.)

(04-30-2021, 12:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Robinson must have an undisclosed injury or some off the field stuff.

Or maybe Urban didn’t draft Robinson and flat out thinks the rookie is better.

Or we gonna be running that RPO and the RB will mesh perfect for what Urbs wants to do on offense. I think he’s flat out better than Robinson.

How long was Robinsons longest run?
How many runs over 20 yards?

He's a great thunder, but in today's NFL you need lightning to pair with it.

(04-30-2021, 12:51 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This past season was a dumpster, but I watched every game still just mainly because of JROB... and I have to say the kid is electric. A true 3 down RB. Anyone who disagrees with that, I'd seriously question did you watch the games? Down the stretch literally every single game JROB has 2-3 BIG SPLASH plays called back because of idiotic penalties that were unrelated to his success on the play. This is not a knock on ETN, I think he's a beast... I expect him to play well... but my god... when we have JROB back there you gotta go get help at the numerous other holes we have. Complete head scratcher to me.

I'd argue that he isn't electric, he's a hard worker. He's MoJo...not Fred.

The difference is MoJo was great for 10-20 yard runs. Fred struck fear in defenses because his speed would turn that 20 yard run into 80.

That's what Etienne brings.

(04-30-2021, 12:52 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:27 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Robinson must have an undisclosed injury or some off the field stuff.

Or maybe Urban didn’t draft Robinson and flat out thinks the rookie is better.

Or we gonna be running that RPO and the RB will mesh perfect for what Urbs wants to do on offense. I think he’s flat out better than Robinson.

How long was Robinsons longest run?

Man, what's up with the mancrush you all have with underdog players.  He's productive but he isnt LaDainan Tomlinson 2.0

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 01:02 AM by rpr52121.)

Here is the thing. Etienne could a great RB. and the end of the 1st round is probably the range for him. However, RBs have short NFL careers as dominant playmakers, maybe ~3 years. Especially ones that had high usage rate in college.

This 1-15 team has a lot of holes in player depth and ideally won't compete until for the division until 2022, much less be contender until like 2023. Etienne could be washed up by then like Gurley, Ezekiel, Fournette, etc. Also, are you saying there will not be a RB comparable to Etienne in the 22 or 23 draft?

Sure, having a smart 2nd RB with speed and receiving threat helps TL develop and help reduce the offensive load., but can't that guy can be gotten later in this draft or cheap in FA right now instead of using a 1st round pick for a longer term starter at another position?

I’m good with the pick. He wouldn’t have been there at 33. I think Buffalo was going to take him. Plus we still have so many options at 33. So if we take him at 25 or 33, didn’t really matter much. Pay check isn’t much of a difference i doing think.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-30-2021, 01:01 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Here is the thing. Etienne could a great RB. and the end of the 1st round is probably the range for him. However, RBs have short NFL careers as dominant playmakers, maybe ~3 years. Especially ones that had high usage rate in college.

This 1-15 team has a lot of holes in player depth and ideally won't compete until for the division until 2022, much less be contender until like 2023. Etienne could be washed up by then like Gurley, Ezekiel, Fournette, etc. Also, are you saying there will not be a RB comparable to Etienne in the 22 or 23 draft?

Sure, having a smart 2nd RB with speed and receiving threat helps TL develop and help reduce the offensive load., but can't that guy can be gotten later in this draft or cheap in FA right now instead of using a 1st round pick for a longer term starter at another position?

And then if he is good he's going to hold out and demand his big second contract at the same time that we're going to be trying to give Lawrence his giant second contract and our cap is going to be completely screwed. It's just completely short sighted from every angle, but what would you expect from a coach who doesn't do anything long term like Meyer?

(04-30-2021, 12:59 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:52 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: How long was Robinsons longest run?

Man, what's up with the mancrush you all have with underdog players.  He's productive but he isnt LaDainan Tomlinson 2.0

I'm trying to discern who you're referring too as an underdog...Robinson or Etienne? Because Etienne was a 1st round grade on everyone's board. Some have him ahead of Najee.

Instead of Moehrig/Jenkins it could have been Moehrig AND Jenkins. How insane would that have been.

No playing revisionist history, we all said RB in the first would be a worst case scenario in the college thread and it still is. Awful pick.

(04-29-2021, 11:52 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Losing franchises make this type of pick. Especially with the amount of holes on this roster.

How many times does it need to be proven that you can find backs anywhere.

You’d think this franchise would learn that wasting valuable assets on this position wins you absolutely nothing.

But here we are.

Again.
Yeah just like when the saints took Kamara when they had Ingram.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]