Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

Thought Ramsey was overrated though....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 08:45 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-21-2021, 08:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Thought Ramsey was overrated though....

He is, he has played the Bears and the Colts, 2 of the teams with the worst WR corps and QBs in the league .  He's got the Bucs, Cards, and Seahawks coming up.  After those 3 games that rating will go up.  Not to mention he has the best DT of all time to get in the QBs face which makes his job much easier and Floyd is pretty good pass rusher as well.  If we had Aaron Donald and Floyd our corners would look much better.

(09-21-2021, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

He is, he has played the Bears and the Colts, 2 of the teams with the worst WR corps in the league.  He's got the Bucs, Cards, and Seahawks coming up.  After those 3 games that rating will go up.  Not to mention he has the best DT of all time to get in the QBs face which makes his job much easier and Floyd is pretty good pass rusher as well.  If we had Aaron Donald and Floyd our corners would look much better.

...and now you've castrated your prior post. 

LOL

(09-21-2021, 08:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He is, he has played the Bears and the Colts, 2 of the teams with the worst WR corps in the league.  He's got the Bucs, Cards, and Seahawks coming up.  After those 3 games that rating will go up.  Not to mention he has the best DT of all time to get in the QBs face which makes his job much easier and Floyd is pretty good pass rusher as well.  If we had Aaron Donald and Floyd our corners would look much better.

...and now you've castrated your prior post. 

LOL

Which post?

He is, he has played the Bears and the Colts, 2 of the teams with the worst WR corps and QBs in the league .  He's got the Bucs, Cards, and Seahawks coming up.  After those 3 games that rating will go up.  Not to mention he has the best DT of all time to get in the QBs face which makes his job much easier and Floyd is pretty good pass rusher as well.  If we had Aaron Donald and Floyd our corners would look much better.
Scorned ex-GF over here....

(09-21-2021, 08:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He is, he has played the Bears and the Colts, 2 of the teams with the worst WR corps and QBs in the league .  He's got the Bucs, Cards, and Seahawks coming up.  After those 3 games that rating will go up.  Not to mention he has the best DT of all time to get in the QBs face which makes his job much easier and Floyd is pretty good pass rusher as well.  If we had Aaron Donald and Floyd our corners would look much better.

Hints also found in User ID.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 09:02 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-21-2021, 08:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He is, he has played the Bears and the Colts, 2 of the teams with the worst WR corps and QBs in the league .  He's got the Bucs, Cards, and Seahawks coming up.  After those 3 games that rating will go up.  Not to mention he has the best DT of all time to get in the QBs face which makes his job much easier and Floyd is pretty good pass rusher as well.  If we had Aaron Donald and Floyd our corners would look much better.
You don't think the Bears and the Colts have one of the worst QB/WR combos in the league?  Let's look at Ramsey's rating after his next 3 games and see if it's stays where it's at.  I just don't have the Ramsey pics over the bed like you do lol.  You are the scorned gf and cried anytime anyone said something negative about her lol.  Getting 2 1sts and a 4th was highway robbery just we have had the wrong guy making the pics.

(09-21-2021, 09:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 08:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Scorned ex-GF over here....
You don't think the Bears and the Colts have one of the worst QB/WR combos in the league?  Let's look at Ramsey's rating after his next 3 games and see if it's stays where it's at.  I just don't have the Ramsey pics over the bed like you do lol.  You are the scorned gf and cried anytime anyone said something negative about her lol.  Getting 2 1sts and a 4th was highway robbery just we have had the wrong guy making the pics.
Bwahaha

You don't think the fact that no one can get past Ramsey helps Donald and Floyd?

I don't judge Ramsey after 2 games. I've watched him play since his rookie year and he's consistently been a top 3 corner in this league which is why he got defensive MVP votes last year. I would trade Chaisson and Etienne in a heart beat for Ramsey so not sure the Jags won that trade.

You can say whatever you want about Ramsey the person. I don't care because he's most likely a bad one but when discussing his play, he's elite. And it appears you can't separate the two.

(09-21-2021, 08:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 08:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Scorned ex-GF over here....

Hints also found in User ID.

You do know what school Samuel Jr went to right?

Samuel should have especially been the pick since we were on the hunt for a slot corner. He was literally built in a lab to be a perfect NFL nickleback.

(09-21-2021, 11:37 AM)Upper Wrote: Samuel should have especially been the pick since we were on the hunt for a slot corner. He was literally built in a lab to be a perfect NFL nickleback.

Regardless I'm taking Samuel, slot corner or not.  He's just the better corner imo and he's built just like his dad.  His dad was no slot corner and was one of the best corners in the game just like Surtain

The Bears have Allen Robinson, who we all know is a flat out STAR!!! Jalen Ramsey is a certified All-Pro, we're arguing if he should be 1st team, or if he's "overrated" and should ONLY be a 2nd team all-pro. 

Agree that having more pressure and a better front-7 would help our corners out, but I just don't think they have the same athleticism or raw talent Ramsey does. Henderson has a chance to do that if he can stay healthy & focused, and Campbell has the physical tools but is going to take a lottttt of coaching to get the mental & football IQ side of the position down.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Gave up 3 catches for 52 yard on 4 targets. Most of those yards were on 1 play. By far his best game. I wasn't a fan of the pick but he looked much better today and hopefully he continues to improve

Campbell is definitely going to look his best on the outside vs guys who are not known for their lateral movement like Hopkins and Green.

I know he's a rookie but he's continuing to make mistakes on those chunk plays that really hurt our defense.

I hope he turns it around because we desperately need our DBs to cover well and generate some turnovers.

(10-01-2021, 02:28 AM)enigma Wrote: I know he's a rookie but he's continuing to make mistakes on those chunk plays that really hurt our defense.

I hope he turns it around because we desperately need our DBs to cover well and generate some turnovers.

Speaking of turning it around, is Campbell capable of turning his head? They need to do evaluations on his neck to see if he has range of motion. He plays the WR only and not the ball.

(10-01-2021, 06:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 02:28 AM)enigma Wrote: I know he's a rookie but he's continuing to make mistakes on those chunk plays that really hurt our defense.

Speaking of turning it around, is Campbell capable of turning his head? They need to do evaluations on his neck to see if he has range of motion. He plays the WR only and not the ball.

That was the knock on him pre-draft.  All the physical tools in the world, but cannot seem to find the ball when it's in the air, especially on deep passes.  

He is a rookie, though, so maybe he can be fixed.

(10-01-2021, 06:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 06:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Speaking of turning it around, is Campbell capable of turning his head? They need to do evaluations on his neck to see if he has range of motion. He plays the WR only and not the ball.

That was the knock on him pre-draft.  All the physical tools in the world, but cannot seem to find the ball when it's in the air, especially on deep passes.  

That’s an instinctive quality. I doubt that can be taught sufficiently at this stage. If he wasn’t building on that in college, I don’t know what can be done for him.

(10-01-2021, 07:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 06:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That was the knock on him pre-draft.  All the physical tools in the world, but cannot seem to find the ball when it's in the air, especially on deep passes.  

That’s an instinctive quality. I doubt that can be taught sufficiently at this stage. If he wasn’t building on that in college, I don’t know what can be done for him.

If that's true, then he's a career backup.  

We still have many needs on this team, and CB is one of the biggest.