Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little - Rd2, Pick 45

(11-11-2021, 07:58 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I remember there being talk on the board and on some podcasts during the preseason about starting Little at RT and kicking Taylor inside.  Would Taylor make a good guard?

I'd say better at G than T, but low bar to overcome there.

I think most tackles whose strengths are run blocking are that way due to slow/heavy feet. We can see that he is deficient in pass blocking, so it's more that while he's under contract, slide him over to see if it's a better fit. If he were an FA, there's no way I'd throw a contract at him to see if the move inside is the cure to his ills.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Virtually any tackle would be better at guard, it's just a much easier job to do. There was a long time where people believed that guards and especially centers needed to be on the shorter side, but that has emphatically been rebuffed in recent years. It's not that rare at all to see 6'5"+ IOL anymore, both Linder and Norwell are.

(11-10-2021, 09:06 PM)Newton Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 08:30 PM)Upper Wrote: His punch is still awfully late he let the pass rushers get in on him too much. Fortunately he is big and strong enough that he was able to recover most of the time, but that will continue to cause him trouble until he gets to fully knock off the rust. Hopefully he is afforded that time.

No better way to knock the rust off than to play

I agree, yet it sounds like Cam is going right back to starting at LT. Very short sighted move but not unexpected.

We need to play whoever they feel is the better LT right now

(11-12-2021, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need to play whoever they feel is the better LT right now

Little's first start while still knocking off the rust was just as good, if not a little better, than Cam has been.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!