Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little - Rd2, Pick 45

(05-01-2021, 05:15 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Good thing Urban wanted 4 starters with the first 4 picks xD what a clown

Yeah, what a clown to pick a tackle when we have Robinson and Taylor.

I was reading his interview and he said he was prepared to play right or left tackle.  The thing that is going to hold him back is lack of playing for the past 2 years.  But he has a good excuse for both years- 2020 he didn't just decide not to play and opt out.  The Pac-12 actually cancelled the season at one point, so his head coach told him he should start preparing for the NFL draft.  

If he can get up to playing speed, he could potentially replace either of our tackles by mid season if they don't play better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Several people saying that talent wise he’s right up there with the best tackles in the draft. Until they prove otherwise I’m going to trust the new coaching staff to get the best out of these guys

We might have our lock down LT for the next 10 years.

I think the bulk of the resistance to this pick stems from the fact he hasn't played in two years. He represents something of a mystery or an unknown.

How talented was he pre-injury? How has he recovered from his ACL? How much did the Covid year off add to his rustiness? How long will it take for the Jaguars coaches to knock off the rust?

I think watching some pre injury clips could answer at least some of those questions.

https://youtu.be/NlgeaHtIbk4

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Here is talk about the day 2 picks.

The interview with Walker Little starts around the 10 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/nXZ4b1nUD3E

So he's been healthy for about a year now and has been training since then.. Sounds like some real possibility there. Could end up being a huge steal.. 

Looks pretty decent in that ND game.. Gave up a couple of sacks, but overall, protected pretty well.. Can't say the same for the other Stanford linemen..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 09:37 AM by Bullseye.)

(05-01-2021, 09:09 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Here is talk about the day 2 picks.

The interview with Walker Little starts around the 10 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/nXZ4b1nUD3E

So he's been healthy for about a year now and has been training since then.. Sounds like some real possibility there. Could end up being a huge steal.. 

Looks pretty decent in that ND game.. Gave up a couple of sacks, but overall, protected pretty well.. Can't say the same for the other Stanford linemen..

To be clear, the sack at 5:49 came from the offensive right side-opposite Little.

At 7:18 he was beaten inside, which was surprising because he had protected the inside well until then.  (He was like the Anti Eugene Monroe until that point).  Was the G supposed to help on that play?

At 8:57 he was just flat out beat to the outside...no questions there.

I think on the whole he did okay against a pretty good Notre Dame front featuring Okwara.

Despite his size, it didn't seem to translate into domination in the run game.  Much like Cam, he seemed a position/wall off type run blocker showing an abiity to reach the second level.

He seemed to do well on a couple of stunts, passing the end to the G and regrouping to block the T looping around but then at 10:51, he may have some blame for the Tillery sack on that stunt.  The sack immediately after that one was on the G, IMO.

He seemed to have decent feet overall.  The early run plays outside and that first sack he gave up outside...I'm wondering about his quickness off the snap.  The DE got a great jump off the snap.  He seemed to protect the inside well, and communicated well on a couple of stunts, but then had problems on two other stunts, which may or may not have been all his fault.

My favorite pick after Lawrence.  I think he could be the 2nd best tackle in this class behind Sewell

(05-01-2021, 09:30 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My favorite pick after Lawrence.  I think he could be the 2nd best tackle in this class behind Sewell

Not sure where I would rank him amongst our draft picks.

As far as addressing a position of need, yes.  But still too many question left to answer before I can give him the label of 2nd favorite draft pick.

I will say he is the key to the success of this draft (aside from TL of course).

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 10:33 AM by I am Yoda.)

Here’s a positive take. 

https://youtu.be/4-pj_O3wZFE
[Image: giphy.gif]

Obviously the question marks are his injury and rustiness but everyone has only got good things to say about him.

Scouting report on little by a guy.

https://youtu.be/Rfz1B71eoMg

(05-01-2021, 05:15 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Good thing Urban wanted 4 starters with the first 4 picks xD what a clown

Yeah, what a clown to pick a tackle when we have Robinson and Taylor.

And you expect a rookie who hasn't played in 2 years to be the starter right away?  Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-01-2021, 10:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:15 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Yeah, what a clown to pick a tackle when we have Robinson and Taylor.

And you expect a rookie who hasn't played in 2 years to be the starter right away?  Laughing Laughing

That's the thing!

Why use a 2nd round pick on a guy with these issues if the goal is to get as many immediate starters as possible from the first three round?

Barring something borderline miraculous, I suspect it will take at least the better part of the season fir him to knock the rust off and enhance his technique to get to the point where he's able to start.

If he was a 5 star recruit, chances are UM tried to recruit him at some point, and I think as an analyst, UM followed his career.  I think in part that is why the team was willing to take a chance on him.

(05-01-2021, 11:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And you expect a rookie who hasn't played in 2 years to be the starter right away?  Laughing Laughing

That's the thing!

Why use a 2nd round pick on a guy with these issues if the goal is to get as many immediate starters as possible from the first three round?

Barring something borderline miraculous, I suspect it will take at least the better part of the season fir him to knock the rust off and enhance his technique to get to the point where he's able to start.

If he was a 5 star recruit, chances are UM tried to recruit him at some point, and I think as an analyst, UM followed his career.  I think in part that is why the team was willing to take a chance on him.
He was also projected to be s first round pick prior to his injury in 2019.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-01-2021, 10:41 AM)AndyUK Wrote: Obviously the question marks are his injury and rustiness but everyone has only got good things to say about him.

Rustiness is not a concern. A couple games will knock that off. The injury is concerning though. It's definitely a potential issue but I'm assuming (hoping) the team did due diligence on that.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-01-2021, 10:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:15 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Yeah, what a clown to pick a tackle when we have Robinson and Taylor.

Where did I say that?

(05-01-2021, 11:34 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: That's the thing!

He was also projected to be s first round pick prior to his injury in 2019.

Understood.  There was a reason they took a chance on him.  But the injury and the time away enhances the risk of the pick and minimizes the chances of a positive first year impact.

That pick could pay off handsomely.  But my risk averse nature gives me some pause, and I can't blame people for being concerned.

(05-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Understood.  There was a reason they took a chance on him.  But the injury and the time away enhances the risk of the pick and minimizes the chances of a positive first year impact.

That pick could pay off handsomely.  But my risk averse nature gives me some pause, and I can't blame people for being concerned.

I don't think this is your typical injury concern since it's been two years. He's already back and proven elite test results. Ain't no one his size (or any size) putting up a 4.58 short shuttle on a non 100% ACL.

(05-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:34 AM)Dimson Wrote: He was also projected to be s first round pick prior to his injury in 2019.

Understood.  There was a reason they took a chance on him.  But the injury and the time away enhances the risk of the pick and minimizes the chances of a positive first year impact.

You could possibly say it's due to the Etienne and Campbell picks but I don't see who was better at 45. They must not have liked the tackles available at those spots. 

They said they wouldn't draft for need but Little does address a need if he can stay healthy. 

I don't care that UM thought he should have 4 starters from 4 picks. That's irrelevant compared to what these picks can do during their entire rookie contract. If he can make Robinson expendable then I'm all for it.