Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little - Rd2, Pick 45

I really think this will be a very good pick. For the future, for now. Highly athletic, skilled, and definitely healthy now. I feel like he’s the LT for the next 10 years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-21-2021, 09:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Barry Sanders only played 1 year in college I would still draft him.

If Trevor Lawrence came out after his freshman year (and was allowed to under the rules) I would still draft him #1 overall. 

Walker Little had a SUPERB freshman year, then he had a season ending injury, then he opted out. The tape is limited on him, not non-existant. Before his knee injury his sophomore year he was talked about as a top 10 pick based on just his play from his freshman year. The only question about him was his health, which he passed with flying colors during the medical evaluations from pre-draft. Pennei Sewell only has another year/few more games of tape than Little had ... Sewell was a top 10 pick; If there's not enough tape or due dilligence on Little than why isn't Sewell getting the same criticism?  

Walker Little was a great pick and hopefully can hold down the Left Side solidly for the first time since Eugene Monroe was prematurely shipped off.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(06-01-2021, 03:22 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I really think this will be a very good pick. For the future, for now. Highly athletic, skilled, and definitely healthy now. I feel like he’s the LT for the next 10 years.

If we end up with a franchise QB and LT from the same draft, 1 and 15 was totally worth it.

For the sake of discussion, assume Walker Little becomes the day 1 starting left tackle, where does Cam Robinson play?

Becomes an expensive swing tackle, bumps out Jawaan Taylor to start at right tackle, moves inside to a starting guard role, or rides the pine and gets traded when another team has a LT injury? Thoughts...

(06-01-2021, 04:45 PM)ATLjag Wrote: For the sake of discussion, assume Walker Little becomes the day 1 starting left tackle, where does Cam Robinson play?  

Becomes an expensive swing tackle, bumps out Jawaan Taylor to start at right tackle, moves inside to a starting guard role, or rides the pine and gets traded when another team has a LT injury?  Thoughts...

I think he'd get a crack at guard and/or swing tackle duties until another team in tackle-trouble came calling for a trade. 

Stands to reason Cam could beat out AJ Cann at RG if Little won a start at LT.   
I tend to think Little will need some time to be ready to bump Robinson around the depth chart though.

(06-01-2021, 05:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 04:45 PM)ATLjag Wrote: For the sake of discussion, assume Walker Little becomes the day 1 starting left tackle, where does Cam Robinson play?  

Becomes an expensive swing tackle, bumps out Jawaan Taylor to start at right tackle, moves inside to a starting guard role, or rides the pine and gets traded when another team has a LT injury?  Thoughts...

I think he'd get a crack at guard and/or swing tackle duties until another team in tackle-trouble came calling for a trade. 

I tend to think Little will need some time to be ready to bump Robinson around the depth chart though.

Agreed, he hasn't played in a while so there may be some rust as well as the typical adaptation for rookies making the jump to the pros. I wonder if Cam Robinson is willing to move to RT if the dollars make sense for both sides
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(06-01-2021, 08:32 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 05:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think he'd get a crack at guard and/or swing tackle duties until another team in tackle-trouble came calling for a trade. 

Agreed, he hasn't played in a while so there may be some rust as well as the typical adaptation for rookies making the jump to the pros. I wonder if Cam Robinson is willing to move to RT if the dollars make sense for both sides

Why do you think he can?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I wouldn't want to trade him.  I think it'd be worth it to keep him as insurance this year.  I'd hate to trade him, have Little pick up an injury, and then we'd have to find someone to protect TL's blind side.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 12:53 PM by Mikey.)

I would certainly give Cam a shot at RT; I think Cam would do well there, and Taylor's had two years at the spot to develop and compete for the spot. Whoever wins out gets the start day one; I do believe that it would still mandate some flexibility.

For example, if Robinson wins the competition, I still consider him the prime long-term backup should Little not be able to play. Taylor would then likely serve as a swing reliever at either spot on the right side. 

If Taylor keeps his spot at RT, Robinson is probably left to compete with Norwell for LG. Not sure we'd be able to get much in trade for a guy playing on the franchise tag who couldn't beat out a guy who hasn't really shown anything that phenomenal at RT.

If this all plays out this way (Little is a starter, and we have to find a place to fit Cam), this is a great dilemma to have.

Call me crazy, but unless someone is breaking the bank, or we are THAT confident in Bartch, I hold on to Cam this season if he doesn't beat Little for the LT position. I agree that Little is probably a year away from being a full-time fixture on the line, and I would be cautious putting all my eggs in his basket this year. Let's be sure the rust is knocked off and he's up to the grind of playing in the NFL before we send the next best lineman on the team away.

(06-16-2021, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...93032?s=20

Yep, he is getting a lot of love from the team so far. WOOHOO!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-16-2021, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...93032?s=20

Warhop said it, he must be trash, amirite OLM?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

But, but, he's a bust!!!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I’ve heard good things about Big Walker Little. Dude is athletic for a big guy. He can play Tackle and/or Guard.

Well, so far he's been holding his own and then some in camp.

I think he might actually push Robinson out of the LT spot this year. Admittedly, I didn't watch him during his collegiate career but it's definitely amusing to see some people vehemently call him a bust before playing a snap.

LIttle is the LT of the future. Robinson isn't going anywhere this year but he walks next and we find another tackle in the draft or FA next year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

While I am excited about his potential, I am trying to tone down my excitement.

It's only his first day in pads...we haven't seen him at game speed against anyone other than a Jaguars player.

He hasn't earned a starting spot yet, much less upgraded LT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Walker Little is going to be a starter sooner, rather than later. He's the real deal.

One really good benefit of Little's challenge to the position, is that I do believe he'll make Robinson better. True competition motivates and focuses players.