Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tailgate Request- Visiting Fan

Hello Jags Nation!!!  Let me explain my post:  I am from Gilbert, AZ and a fan of the Arizona Cardinals.  So what am I doing on the Jags Message Board, you may ask?  I started about 8 seasons ago, and my wife joined me for the past 4, visiting one road destination per season, with the ultimate goal of seeing the Cardinals play in every venue in the NFL. So far,  I've been to Baltimore, Phlly, Buffalo, Chicago, St.Louis, Oakland, San Francisco, & Cincinnati - would have been to NYJ last season, but you know..the thing.  This year's destination is  JACKSONVILLE!!! 

I host a tailgate at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ for the past 11 seasons, and have come to love tailgating at NFL football games!  So what I've been doing each year is going on the visiting city's message board and introducing myself and checking in to see if there is anyone who has a tailgate that they wouldn't mind allowing a visiting fan to crash.  So far, I've done this in every city I've visited with 100% positive vibes.  Yes, I'm a Cardinal fan...but my wife and I are honest, good-spirited, people who don't trash talk, or any of that non-sense.  Just love to meet new people and share the love of football and food.  Many of the people/families I've tailgated with are friends of mine today. 

So... if there's anyone who regularly hosts a tailgate at Jags games who would consider such a thing- OR - has any valuable tailgating information/advice for a visiting fan, please respond to this post.  My wife and I are absolutely willing and able to contribute with food/drink,  or financially, to cover ourselves.  My wife drinks very little, I'm a friend of Bill W, so I bring my own O'Doulls. I'm also a seasoned tailgate cook and am more than willing to pitch in labor if needed.  I know the season's a way's off...heck the schedule not even released yet..but I know the Cards play there and I am for sure coming.  Let me know..  Thanks all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-07-2021, 03:58 PM)azcardsdingus Wrote: Hello Jags Nation!!!  Let me explain my post:  I am from Gilbert, AZ and a fan of the Arizona Cardinals.  So what am I doing on the Jags Message Board, you may ask?  I started about 8 seasons ago, and my wife joined me for the past 4, visiting one road destination per season, with the ultimate goal of seeing the Cardinals play in every venue in the NFL. So far,  I've been to Baltimore, Phlly, Buffalo, Chicago, St.Louis, Oakland, San Francisco, & Cincinnati - would have been to NYJ last season, but you know..the thing.  This year's destination is  JACKSONVILLE!!! 

I host a tailgate at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ for the past 11 seasons, and have come to love tailgating at NFL football games!  So what I've been doing each year is going on the visiting city's message board and introducing myself and checking in to see if there is anyone who has a tailgate that they wouldn't mind allowing a visiting fan to crash.  So far, I've done this in every city I've visited with 100% positive vibes.  Yes, I'm a Cardinal fan...but my wife and I are honest, good-spirited, people who don't trash talk, or any of that non-sense.  Just love to meet new people and share the love of football and food.  Many of the people/families I've tailgated with are friends of mine today. 

So... if there's anyone who regularly hosts a tailgate at Jags games who would consider such a thing- OR - has any valuable tailgating information/advice for a visiting fan, please respond to this post.  My wife and I are absolutely willing and able to contribute with food/drink,  or financially, to cover ourselves.  My wife drinks very little, I'm a friend of Bill W, so I bring my own O'Doulls. I'm also a seasoned tailgate cook and am more than willing to pitch in labor if needed.  I know the season's a way's off...heck the schedule not even released yet..but I know the Cards play there and I am for sure coming.  Let me know..  Thanks all.

I hope you have a safe trip here, and aside from the Cardinals being absolutely thrashed by my Jaguars, hope your trip here is enjoyable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

What an interesting way to see your team play their opponents. Really cool. I live in NC now so I have no intel regarding where and with whom to tailgate with but I hope it works out for you. There are some solid guys here to hang out with if they're able to make the game. Good luck!

So... my intel here in AZ confirms that the game is Week 3   Arizona Cardinals @ Jacksonville Jaguars.

Flights are being booked-  hotel rooms being reserved.  Game Tickets will have to wait a few weeks most likely. 

Still no hits on possible tailgates..  if needed, I can text photos of past tailgate groups and contact info for families in other NFL cities who have hosted us as references. 

I'm really excited about this date-  it's the first weekend AFTER I complete my Masters Degree program, which is huge.  I think playing a team starting a rookie QB you wanna play them earlier in the season, not later. Barring a hurricane, the weather should be nice to maybe get some beach time in on the non-game days.  

What are some things you GOTTA do if visiting Jacksonville??  Food?  Interesting destinations?

(05-12-2021, 03:36 PM)azcardsdingus Wrote: So... my intel here in AZ confirms that the game is Week 3   Arizona Cardinals @ Jacksonville Jaguars.

Flights are being booked-  hotel rooms being reserved.  Game Tickets will have to wait a few weeks most likely. 

Still no hits on possible tailgates..  if needed, I can text photos of past tailgate groups and contact info for families in other NFL cities who have hosted us as references. 

I'm really excited about this date-  it's the first weekend AFTER I complete my Masters Degree program, which is huge.  I think playing a team starting a rookie QB you wanna play them earlier in the season, not later. Barring a hurricane, the weather should be nice to maybe get some beach time in on the non-game days.  

What are some things you GOTTA do if visiting Jacksonville??  Food?  Interesting destinations?

I know there are more than a few tailgaters on here. They must be staying away until the Tebow madness dies down, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

There are some groups that organize tailgating. See the links below. The quality of the team the last couple of decades has had an impact on tailgate enthusiasm somewhat but there are still many groups of people tailgating in the lots before games. Some of them like tailgaters make it a part of the experience.

http://www.boldcitybrigade.com/gameday/
https://twitter.com/tealsthooligans

Coming to Jacksonville you should get out to the beach for a day or two. Depending on what you're looking for, Avondale and San Marco have some eclectic pubs and places to eat/drink/hangout. St. Augustine is cool for a more traditional tourist experience if you're into that. If you like to golf, there are some great courses in the area, including Sawgrass which is where the TPC is played.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-12-2021, 04:34 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: There are some groups that organize tailgating. See the links below. The quality of the team the last couple of decades has had an impact on tailgate enthusiasm somewhat but there are still many groups of people tailgating in the lots before games. Some of them like tailgaters make it a part of the experience.

Coming to Jacksonville you should get out to the beach for a day or two. Depending on what you're looking for, Avondale and San Marco have some eclectic pubs and places to eat/drink/hangout. St. Augustine is cool for a more traditional tourist experience if you're into that. If you like to golf, there are some great courses in the area, including Sawgrass which is where the TPC is played.

Thanks man!  I reached out to the boldcity group.  I appreciate it.  I figure...you stole Calais Campbell from us..it's the least ya'll could do.

(05-12-2021, 04:54 PM)azcardsdingus Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 04:34 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: There are some groups that organize tailgating. See the links below. The quality of the team the last couple of decades has had an impact on tailgate enthusiasm somewhat but there are still many groups of people tailgating in the lots before games. Some of them like tailgaters make it a part of the experience.

Thanks man!  I reached out to the boldcity group.  I appreciate it.  I figure...you stole Calais Campbell from us..it's the least ya'll could do.

BCB is a fun group. Really passionate group of people.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-12-2021, 04:54 PM)azcardsdingus Wrote:

Yeah, he was a good one. Got any more we can steal?

(05-12-2021, 06:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 04:54 PM)azcardsdingus Wrote: Thanks man!  I reached out to the boldcity group.  I appreciate it.  I figure...you stole Calais Campbell from us..it's the least ya'll could do.

Yeah, he was a good one. Got any more we can steal?

Nah- we're good. 

I love the underlying story of this game.  In 2019, the Cardinals were coming off a horrible season with the #1 pick in the draft, took a Heisman winning QB, and started the year with a rookie head coach from the college ranks.  Now it's the Jaguars in that position. If anything, I think the future looks bright in J-ville, but it took a little bit for it to come together in AZ.  That first season got off to a difficult start..you could see the competitiveness of the team, but they weren't ready to win right away. I'm just glad, as a Cardinal fan, that we're catching you early!!  In our division, we need every break we can get and every possible W to make it to the post-season.  We have a good team, but the competition is BRUTAL!  We don't have any Texans in the NFC West. - maybe that means we ARE the Texans of the NFC West??  No, that can't be it.

Let’s be real, you picked Jacksonville because you think we’re your homecoming game...

Come on now, be honest.

(05-14-2021, 12:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let’s be real, you picked Jacksonville because you think we’re your homecoming game...

Come on now, be honest.

Honestly-  that's not true at all.
1. I picked Jacksonville because it's in Florida, and I don't want political insanity as part of my GameDay experience. 
2.  I have a dear friend/old boss who's husband is a very high up at Marriott in Jacksonville and he's graciously provided free lodging. 
3.  I graduate from Capella U. w a Master's Degree in Addiction Counseling on Sept 18- this game is the weekend after- kind of a graduation gift to myself. 
4. Eventually, I'm going to see them play everywhere, so I don't play favorites. I've seen the Cardinals play on the road back in the Sun Devil Stadium days when going to a Cardinals HOME game was the other teams homecoming game every week of the season. trust me, I know what that's like.

(05-14-2021, 12:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Let’s be real, you picked Jacksonville because you think we’re your homecoming game...

Come on now, be honest.

One other thing...  work intervened and I have to be back in Arizona on Monday morning at my job. Booooo!

Flight out of J-ville is 7:30pm...  game should be over by around 4 - 4:30ish.   Do you see getting out and to airport as a problem??

3.5 hours to make it to the airport should give you plenty of time.

(05-14-2021, 05:56 PM)azcardsdingus Wrote:

Come on now, be honest.

One other thing...  work intervened and I have to be back in Arizona on Monday morning at my job. Booooo!

Flight out of J-ville is 7:30pm...  game should be over by around 4 - 4:30ish.   Do you see getting out and to airport as a problem??

You should be able to make it but you probably want to get there an hour early which should give you about 2 hours from game end to arriving at the terminal. Definitely doable but I wouldn't loiter around after the game.

Also, I don't know if you've ever been to Florida in September. Arizona is hot, I get that but it really is different here. Stay hydrated!