Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Nightmare that is Sports talk radio

(06-22-2021, 02:45 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sports do happen outside of Jacksonville sometimes.
Very little of rhe other non football sports gets Jacksonville and the greater metropolitan area excited....Late July to Early February is 'fun times' if ones FB team(s) is/are doing well....

You think hearing about Frank Frangie's vacation trip is more interesting to people in Jacksonville than sports that occur outside of our little town?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-22-2021, 03:04 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:45 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Very little of rhe other non football sports gets Jacksonville and the greater metropolitan area excited....Late July to Early February is 'fun times' if ones FB team(s) is/are doing well....

You think hearing about Frank Frangie's vacation trip is more interesting to people in Jacksonville than sports that occur outside of our little town?
Nope.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 08:20 AM by Mikey.)

(06-22-2021, 02:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:11 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Small market one pro team town with AAA MILB team and other minor sports league teams scattered about....*DROPS MIC*

Sports do happen outside of Jacksonville sometimes.

Great, you just cursed everyone in Duval to be inundated with seven hours of NASCAR coverage daily.

(06-22-2021, 03:04 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 02:45 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Very little of rhe other non football sports gets Jacksonville and the greater metropolitan area excited....Late July to Early February is 'fun times' if ones FB team(s) is/are doing well....

The show isn't about the topics covered. It's about the ads they can sell around the coverage.

Until ppl stop tuning in or the advertisers stop buying spots, the direction will be keep doin what you do.

(05-16-2021, 09:16 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 08:49 PM)High Octane Wrote: I feel bad that you guys have such horrible talk shows.

The guys here on ESPN Chicago are incredible, including former Jaguars John Jurkovich

We have the mumbling train wreck frank frangie, the high pitched fat [BLEEP] ryan hacker, and the guy who sounds like he steps in front of every mic with a mouth full of food in Rick baloue. So yeah our radio personalities absolutely suck. Jeff prossier has grown on me a little since I drive to work at 630 everyday but even he likes to yell into the mic while everyone is still half asleep which gets old.

The only guy I would say is worth a [BLEEP] is mike Dempsey. Other than him. Our radio hosts are trash.

I kind of find our Jacksonville hosts refreshing.  I travel to Pittsburgh quite often and must admit they have the worst talk show hosts.  All they do is complain about [BLEEP] and beat the dead horse known as "should Ben Retire".   They also talk about he Pirates rebuilding process, whatever the [BLEEP] that is.

(06-23-2021, 09:28 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 09:16 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: We have the mumbling train wreck frank frangie, the high pitched fat [BLEEP] ryan hacker, and the guy who sounds like he steps in front of every mic with a mouth full of food in Rick baloue. So yeah our radio personalities absolutely suck. Jeff prossier has grown on me a little since I drive to work at 630 everyday but even he likes to yell into the mic while everyone is still half asleep which gets old.

The only guy I would say is worth a [BLEEP] is mike Dempsey. Other than him. Our radio hosts are trash.

I kind of find our Jacksonville hosts refreshing.  I travel to Pittsburgh quite often and must admit they have the worst talk show hosts.  All they do is complain about [BLEEP] and beat the dead horse known as "should Ben Retire".   They also talk about he Pirates rebuilding process, whatever the [BLEEP] that is.

At least they are talking about sports.  Every time I tune into 1010XL, it's either in commercial, going into commercial, or talking about the hosts' personal lives.  There's very little talk about sports on that so-called "sports talk" channel.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 10:10 AM by homebiscuit.)

(06-23-2021, 10:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 09:28 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I kind of find our Jacksonville hosts refreshing.  I travel to Pittsburgh quite often and must admit they have the worst talk show hosts.  All they do is complain about [BLEEP] and beat the dead horse known as "should Ben Retire".   They also talk about he Pirates rebuilding process, whatever the [BLEEP] that is.

At least they are talking about sports.  Every time I tune into 1010XL, it's either in commercial, going into commercial, or talking about the hosts' personal lives.  There's very little talk about sports on that so-called "sports talk" channel.

I once timed a commercial break on 1010XL - 9 minutes.

I like listening to Brent Martineau and Austen Lane on 690 at 3:00. They make a good team.

(06-23-2021, 10:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 10:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: At least they are talking about sports.  Every time I tune into 1010XL, it's either in commercial, going into commercial, or talking about the hosts' personal lives.  There's very little talk about sports on that so-called "sports talk" channel.

I once timed a commercial break on 1010XL - 9 minutes.

I like listening to Brent Martineau and Austen Lane on 690 at 3:00. They make a good team.

Brent and Austen do a good job on 690.  I enjoy that show most of the time. 
Probably the best Jags content on the radio in the 904. More listenable than the Frangie show at the same hours. 

The Happy hour show with Shadrick hosting some varied grouping of Boselli, Lageman, and Prisco can be very good at times but it's not daily. 

I like Dempsey's contribution on 1010 and I'd listen if they gave Hays Carlyon his own show  -  But "Hacker", Ballou and Frangie pretty much ruin that station for me. 

And I think Frangie is a pretty good dude with good intentions, actually. 
He just has some wacky takes on the Jags and he too often gets lost in his own digressions about the pirates, gators, and the condition of the putting surface at Jacksonville Golf & Country Club.

(06-23-2021, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 10:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I once timed a commercial break on 1010XL - 9 minutes.

Brent and Austen do a good job on 690.  I enjoy that show most of the time. 
Probably the best Jags content on the radio in the 904. More listenable than the Frangie show at the same hours. 

The Happy hour show with Shadrick hosting some varied grouping of Boselli, Lageman, and Prisco can be very good at times but it's not daily. 

I like Dempsey's contribution on 1010 and I'd listen if they gave Hays Carlyon his own show  -  But "Hacker", Ballou and Frangie pretty much ruin that station for me. 

He just has some wacky takes on the Jags and he too often gets lost in his own digressions about the pirates, gators, and the condition of the putting surface at Jacksonville Golf & Country Club.

I like that show, as well. Lageman and Boselli provide a lot of locker room and team insight. When he gets off onto one of his rants, Boselli reminds me of Charles Barkley in that you never know what he's going to say. Many times they'll play the show in back to back hours, which is good if you want to hear any parts missed. J.P. Shadrick sure has come a long way from calling play by play for the Jacksonville Suns 15 years ago. 

I'm with you on Frangie. He does have his days when I'm wishing he would just get to the point. The back and forth with his crew can be pretty entertaining though.

(06-24-2021, 07:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Brent and Austen do a good job on 690.  I enjoy that show most of the time. 

I like that show, as well. Lageman and Boselli provide a lot of locker room and team insight. When he gets off onto one of his rants, Boselli reminds me of Charles Barkley in that you never know what he's going to say. Many times they'll play the show in back to back hours, which is good if you want to hear any parts missed. J.P. Shadrick sure has come a long way from calling play by play for the Jacksonville Suns 15 years ago. 

I'm with you on Frangie. He does have his days when I'm wishing he would just get to the point. The back and forth with his crew can be pretty entertaining though.

To me, the best time to listen to 1010 XL is between 10-3.  Between Oesher and Searcy, there seems more substantive football talk on there than any other time period (though I still don't know the schedule for the official Jaguars show.  I wish they never changed it from Wednesday nights.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If ya want jags coverage jaguars today is from 10 am to 12 pm everyday on 1010xl, 92.5 fm. Pretty decent imo. I think they get tom mcmanus on there on fridays sometimes.