Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PGA Championship

(09-11-2021, 11:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The fan atmosphere of golf in Europe is so much different than the U.S. They're the traditional crowd with subdued cheers and polite applause as opposed to crowds here who hoot, holler and yell things like "mashed potatoes!" when a good drive goes off the tee.

There's quite a few players on the European tour who steer clear of American golf. Englishman Danny Willette has outwardly expressed his contempt for U.S. crowds. But here is where the real money and prestige reigns, so the golfers who want to score big play on the U.S. tour. As Nick Faldo says, European players have to learn to embrace it if they want success.

You wont see the 16th hole stadium on the European tour.  I don't think it's better or worse. It's just different.

Some of the annoying things US crowds do is offset by the funny stuff, like calling Bryson Brooksie.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didn't want to start a new thread. This is sad news for anyone who follows golf and watches the Golf channel. Tim was a thoroughly knowledgeable golf journalist and a pure class act. 

Longtime Golf Journalist Tim Rosaforte Dies at 66 - Morning Read (si.com)

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 04:55 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2022, 04:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I didn't want to start a new thread. This is sad news for anyone who follows golf and watches the Golf channel. Tim was a thoroughly knowledgeable golf journalist and a pure class act. 

I noticed that, too, and it seems like he was on the golf channel very recently, so it's hard to understand how Alzheimer's can kill a person that quickly.

(01-12-2022, 04:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 04:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I didn't want to start a new thread. This is sad news for anyone who follows golf and watches the Golf channel. Tim was a thoroughly knowledgeable golf journalist and a pure class act. 

I noticed that, too, and it seems like he was on the golf channel very recently, so it's hard to understand how Alzheimer's can kill a person that quickly.

He retired two years ago, and I remember it being mentioned as the reason he left.  It certainly took him quick.

^ very funny.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(02-23-2022, 06:16 PM)captivating Wrote: ^ very funny.

What is up with your signature?

(02-24-2022, 02:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 06:16 PM)captivating Wrote: ^ very funny.

What is up with your signature?

Paying respect to a departed poster who, while I disagreed with much of what he said, I enjoyed the banter.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(02-24-2022, 03:17 AM)captivating Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 02:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What is up with your signature?

Paying respect to a departed poster who, while I disagreed with much of what he said, I enjoyed the banter.

Wait. Departed as in departed? Did I miss something?

(02-24-2022, 05:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 03:17 AM)captivating Wrote: Paying respect to a departed poster who, while I disagreed with much of what he said, I enjoyed the banter.

Wait. Departed as in departed? Did I miss something?

Departed from this forum.....but......

A regular poster.
No suggestions that he was thinking of going cold turkey.
Unvaxxed and arrogantly proud of it during a pandemic.

So I can only presume his "departure" is permanent.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 11:35 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-24-2022, 03:55 PM)captivating Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 05:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wait. Departed as in departed? Did I miss something?

Departed from this forum.....but......

A regular poster.

He's very much alive.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-25-2022, 10:48 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 03:55 PM)captivating Wrote: Departed from this forum.....but......

A regular poster.

He's very much alive.

Did he get a perma-ban or was he successful in finding his true vocation of cleaning Trumpy's britches with his tongue?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(03-02-2022, 04:25 AM)captivating Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 10:48 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: He's very much alive.

Did he get a perma-ban or was he successful in finding his true vocation of cleaning Trumpy's britches with his tongue?

No idea. But it's nice that you were able to insult him when he's not here to defend himself. Well played.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Anybody else see this?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=33414025
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-04-2022, 11:10 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Anybody else see this?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=33414025

Well, that’s embarrassing.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2022, 03:39 AM by captivating. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-04-2022, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 04:25 AM)captivating Wrote: Did he get a perma-ban or was he successful in finding his true vocation of cleaning Trumpy's britches with his tongue?

No idea.  But it's nice that you were able to insult him when he's not here to defend himself.  Well played.

whacha talkin' bout Willis? I didn't stop him defending himself.  He has other reasons to not be online.  I can only now suspect he's been incarcerated.  White collar crime like his idol.  Figures!
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(03-05-2022, 03:30 AM)captivating Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 10:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: No idea.  But it's nice that you were able to insult him when he's not here to defend himself.  Well played.

whacha talkin' bout Willis? I didn't stop him defending himself.  He has other reasons to not be online.  I can only now suspect he's been incarcerated.  White collar crime like his idol.  Figures!

This does not resemble the Politics Forum. Keep those comments there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 04:47 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Another nice golfing moment at the Palmer.

https://twitter.com/Sean_Zak/status/1500...frame.html
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-06-2022, 04:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Another nice golfing moment at the Palmer.

https://twitter.com/Sean_Zak/status/1500...frame.html

The act of a golfer who doesn't have to pay for his clubs.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1