Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "I was wrong" thread

(05-26-2021, 04:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: According to the now unsealed audit results in Georgia, 30,000 "mail in" votes audited in Fulton County were printed on different paper than the valid votes. They also have no fold, interesting because Georgia requires that "mail in" votes be sent to the voter by mail and returned by mail. Additionally, a sample of 950 mail in Military votes pulled shows 100% for Biden. Those two things alone are enough to believe there was massive and widespread voter fraud.

A couple of suspect anecdotes aren't proof of widespread fraud but the Trumplican's willingness to believe conspiracy theories does prove why I was wrong to think they'd really accept the election results. Q.E.D.
"a few anecdotes"? HAHAHAHAH. there is a whole thread of documented FRAUD here on this board. It was WIDESPREAD AND RAMPANT
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-26-2021, 04:03 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 03:41 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Reagan had his flaws but you're right, it would be nice to have him back. DeSantis is no Reagan.

DeSantis is the Man. Most states only wish they had him as their Governor. I am stingy, I don't want him to run for POTUS, I want him to stay our Guv.

Sure bubba.

(05-26-2021, 04:05 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: A couple of suspect anecdotes aren't proof of widespread fraud but the Trumplican's willingness to believe conspiracy theories does prove why I was wrong to think they'd really accept the election results. Q.E.D.
"a few anecdotes"? HAHAHAHAH. there is a whole thread of documented FRAUD here on this board. It was WIDESPREAD AND RAMPANT

Wrong! Lol!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-26-2021, 02:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: According to the now unsealed audit results in Georgia, 30,000 "mail in" votes audited in Fulton County were printed on different paper than the valid votes. They also have no fold, interesting because Georgia requires that "mail in" votes be sent to the voter by mail and returned by mail. Additionally, a sample of 950 mail in Military votes pulled shows 100% for Biden. Those two things alone are enough to believe there was massive and widespread voter fraud.

A couple of suspect anecdotes aren't proof of widespread fraud but the Trumplican's willingness to believe conspiracy theories does prove why I was wrong to think they'd really accept the election results. Q.E.D.

Just curious, what constitutes “widespread” for you?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

No matter what constitutes wide spread fraud and whether it could or could not change the results should not matter. Our elections going forward need to be as secure and as transparent as possible so that this mess and claims of fraud cannot happen again. I know it's probably unrealistic to get it down to zero fraud, but we should do everything possible to try, it's that important to our country.

(05-26-2021, 04:13 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: No matter what constitutes wide spread fraud and whether it could or could not change the results should not matter.  Our elections going forward need to be as secure and as transparent as possible so that this mess and claims of fraud cannot happen again.  I know it's probably unrealistic to get it down to zero fraud, but we should do everything possible to try, it's that important to our country.

Wonderful theory, but now that the Dems have the blueprint you'll never see any actions like that ever.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-26-2021, 04:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:13 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: No matter what constitutes wide spread fraud and whether it could or could not change the results should not matter.  Our elections going forward need to be as secure and as transparent as possible so that this mess and claims of fraud cannot happen again.  I know it's probably unrealistic to get it down to zero fraud, but we should do everything possible to try, it's that important to our country.

Wonderful theory, but now that the Dems have the blueprint you'll never see any actions like that ever.

Exactly, they will do everything they can to never lose power again. They KNOW they lost this last election, BY A LOT. And they know America is sick of their policies and race baiting bs.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-26-2021, 04:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:04 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: A couple of suspect anecdotes aren't proof of widespread fraud but the Trumplican's willingness to believe conspiracy theories does prove why I was wrong to think they'd really accept the election results. Q.E.D.

Just curious, what constitutes “widespread” for you?

Well, since you asked... the dictionary definition is "found or distributed over a large area or number of people".

That's pretty general, so I'll add that it must be something that happens in more than just a vanishingly small fraction of a percentage of cases. Attempts at voter fraud are pretty rare but they do happen so we get a sense for how common it is. The answer is: not very. Historically, the perpetrators have been caught, cases documented and charges filed.

The issue with the voter fraud conspiracy theory in the last election is it requires...well, a massive conspiracy which would be unprecedented and extraordinary. So something besides anecdotes from likely biased sources is required. Where are the connections? Where's the smoking gun?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If FSG's statement is true, that's enough votes to change the outcome in GA.  Just because his story is confined to one county doesn't make it trivial.  30 votes is trivial.  30,000 isn't.  But that's if the story is true.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 05:01 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-26-2021, 04:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:

If FSG's statement is true, that's enough votes to change the outcome in GA.  Just because his story is confined to one county doesn't make it trivial.  30 votes is trivial.  30,000 isn't.  But that's if the story is true.

Are you going to enlighten us about that one time you were right or just admire your "look at me" thread a few more days?

Hmm... I had to think long and hard about what I was wrong about as it relates to politics.  I was wrong to vote democrat as a youngster because "that's what my family always did".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'll admit I was wrong to vote foe Walter Mondale instead of Reagan back in 1980
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

At the behest of his Chinese overlords, John Cena posted a video of contrition on Weibo to apologize for saying Taiwan was a country. 

It helps that muscle head speaks Mandarin. Who knew?

John Cena's China apology: What you need to know - CNET

https://twitter.com/tony_zy/status/13971...to-know%2F

John Cena has transformed into Ernest.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 08:49 PM by mikesez.)

I was wrong to think that Trump could not win an election because he wouldn't attract independent voters. In 2016, Trump attracted enough new voters or rare voters to more than make up for that.
I was wrong to think that Trump could do a lot of damage to our government in one term. There are still too many "good people" in the government who obey the law rather than vague orders. Trump called them the "deep state". Pence turned out to be one of them. It may not always be that way, but it is that way for now. The President is indeed above many laws but the others who serve in government are not.
I was wrong to think that the Republican party would have washed its hands of Trump by now. 63 percent of Republican voters say they will definitely or probably support Trump in the Republican primary if he runs in 2024. That's nuts, in my opinion, but it explains why members of the House and Senate aren't ready to let him go yet.
I was wrong to think that Republican voters would eventually spot Trump's gross incompetence at the task of government, but, too many of them don't understand what being in government is actually supposed to be about. I suspect the Democrats' voters are the same way, they just haven't yet had a candidate like Trump come and prove it for them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 09:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-26-2021, 03:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Let’s face it, the leftist need a bogey man to try to stay relevant. Today’s right wing extremists are really Patriots that want to save the country

The country didn't need "saving." It was doing o.k. before Trump stepped in and changed everything. The way the old system worked, when the Republicans had power they changed some things. When the  Democrats had power they changed other things. That's just the way it always was and people were fine with it. Which ever party had power at the time, called the shots. Then Trump took over and got all the "weak minded" whipped into a frenzy and they thought things needed to be a certain way forever with no exceptions, both Right Wingers and Left Wingers. People started raising ridiculous allegations of cheating and the constant whining and conspiracy theories started and then we get an insurrection. Now, things have sucked for over 4 years and they will continue to suck, because the left and right refuse to budge and meet in the middle. Moderates have effectively been wiped out.

(05-26-2021, 03:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: God we need Reagan back. But l’ll settle for Desantis

Those two men couldn't be more different. Ronald Reagan would roll over in his grave if he saw what his party has disintegrated into.

(05-26-2021, 06:42 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I'll admit I was wrong to vote foe Walter Mondale instead of Reagan back in 1980

Lol, so you're that one guy!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wish we could still give negative rep

Well, this went about as expected. This forum is toxic, which is to be expected when it's mostly populated by Trump supporters.

(05-27-2021, 10:51 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Well, this went about as expected.  This forum is toxic, which is to be expected when it's mostly populated by Trump supporters.

Maybe you should put on another mask..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-27-2021, 10:51 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Well, this went about as expected.  This forum is toxic educational, which is to be expected when it's mostly populated by Trump supporters smart people that coincidently voted for President Trump. 

There, fixed it for you.