Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "I was wrong" thread

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2021, 11:19 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Pretty much every poster on this board has become unproductive. I can't believe only 2 people could think of something they actually believed was wrong without making it a backhanded attack on the "other side." If any person on this board genuinely can't find something wrong about what they believe, it shows a real lack of self-awareness. I could probably skim threads by each poster on here and find a tangible way in which that poster was wrong, myself included.

I am still waiting to see if my 2 big predictions would come true or not. Removing the filibuster and making changes in the Supreme Court are two things I believed would happen during this administration. I'm hoping I'm wrong and Manchin holds strong. I'm hoping it's just political rhetoric. However, you can see the ratchet tightening down, and I still believe it's a very real possibility. If I'm wrong, I will say it.

Maybe instead of people passively attacking the other side, each poster should go back and reread their last year's worth of posts to see how many times they are incorrect. But, no one can bother themselves with facts or self-scrutiny.

Political discourse in this country has become pathetic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-27-2021, 11:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Pretty much every poster on this board has become unproductive. I can't believe only 2 people could think of something they actually believed was wrong without making it a backhanded attack on the "other side." If any person on this board genuinely can't find something wrong about what they believe, it shows a real lack of self-awareness. I could probably skim threads by each poster on here and find a tangible way in which that poster was wrong, myself included.

I am still waiting to see if my 2 big predictions would come true or not. Removing the filibuster and making changes in the Supreme Court are two things I believed would happen during this administration. I'm hoping I'm wrong and Manchin holds strong. I'm hoping it's just political rhetoric. However, you can see the ratchet tightening down, and I still believe it's a very real possibility. If I'm wrong, I will say it.

Maybe instead of people passively attacking the other side, each poster should go back and reread their last year's worth of posts to see how many times they are incorrect. But, no one can bother themselves with facts or self-scrutiny.

I grew up watching Republicans bend over backwards accommodating Democrats. Meeting Democrats halfway was only an invitation to them to go further left. Republicans have been doormats and playing the nice guy forever. Meanwhile, the democrats have run roughshod over this country. If fighting back and taking a stand against these leftist freaks is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT. No, I am sure I am wrong about a lot of things, that's just being human. But when it comes to politics, we on the right have finally accepted that its become a blood sport and there can only be one winner. There is no compromising with the leftist freaks, they want total domination. So they must be defeated, period.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-27-2021, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 11:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Pretty much every poster on this board has become unproductive. I can't believe only 2 people could think of something they actually believed was wrong without making it a backhanded attack on the "other side." If any person on this board genuinely can't find something wrong about what they believe, it shows a real lack of self-awareness. I could probably skim threads by each poster on here and find a tangible way in which that poster was wrong, myself included.

I grew up watching Republicans bend over backwards accommodating Democrats. Meeting Democrats halfway was only an invitation to them to go further left. Republicans have been doormats and playing the nice guy forever. Meanwhile, the democrats have run roughshod over this country. If fighting back and taking a stand against these leftist freaks is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT. No, I am sure I am wrong about a lot of things, that's just being human. But when it comes to politics, we on the right have finally accepted that its become a blood sport and there can only be one winner. There is no compromising with the leftist freaks, they want total domination. So they must be defeated, period.
TO THE STREETS!

I was wrong in my estimation of Covid deaths in the early stages based on our previous experiences with SARS and MERS. However, I do not know exactly how wrong I was because I don't believe we can trust the published numbers either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-27-2021, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote:

I can agree with the bolded portion of that, but what's that got to do with this thread? Are you trying to wage war with the democrats here? It's OK to be wrong about things. It doesn't invalidate you as a person. It doesn't validate other people's bad ideas, either. 

On a different note, this is not the place to wage war. It's a forum. A place to discuss ideas. If you are really intent on going to real battle, I can't think of anything more inauthentic than posting about it on a message board. 

Why do any of you come here if your sole intention is to posture or troll? I don't get it.

Both sides are cringeworthy. I don't mind debates but what has been happening here is beyond that.

And I'm not giving the OP the satisfaction of me saying what I think I got wrong when he is a smug (his own descriptive word for himself) hypocrite who will literally fill pages with his spin to talk himself out of a corner he backed himself into. No. I don't owe him anything. Had almost any other poster started this subject I probably would have answered. As it is, the answer I gave is as good as it's going to get.

(05-27-2021, 01:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote: I grew up watching Republicans bend over backwards accommodating Democrats. Meeting Democrats halfway was only an invitation to them to go further left. Republicans have been doormats and playing the nice guy forever. Meanwhile, the democrats have run roughshod over this country. If fighting back and taking a stand against these leftist freaks is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT. No, I am sure I am wrong about a lot of things, that's just being human. But when it comes to politics, we on the right have finally accepted that its become a blood sport and there can only be one winner. There is no compromising with the leftist freaks, they want total domination. So they must be defeated, period.

I can agree with the bolded portion of that, but what's that got to do with this thread? Are you trying to wage war with the democrats here? It's OK to be wrong about things. It doesn't invalidate you as a person. It doesn't validate other people's bad ideas, either. 

On a different note, this is not the place to wage war. It's a forum. A place to discuss ideas. If you are really intent on going to real battle, I can't think of anything more inauthentic than posting about it on a message board. 

Why do any of you come here if your sole intention is to posture or troll? I don't get it.

Am I trying to wage war against democrats? Did you not get what I wrote? They declared war and have been fighting that war for years before we woke up and realized what was happening. I'm not declaring anything, simply joining in.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-27-2021, 11:05 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 10:51 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Well, this went about as expected.  This forum is toxic educational, which is to be expected when it's mostly populated by Trump supporters smart people that coincidently voted for President Trump. 

There, fixed it for you.

LOL!!  Where do you fit in then?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I was wrong about Trump way back in the primaries.  I initially thought that he would not win the nomination and I didn't vote for him.  When he won the nomination I gave him my vote as a "anyone but Hillary" vote.  I thought he was going to be a disaster.  It turns out that he was our best President since Reagan.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I was wrong about that, too. Except I didn't vote for him in 2016.

(05-27-2021, 02:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I was wrong about Trump way back in the primaries.  I initially thought that he would not win the nomination and I didn't vote for him.  When he won the nomination I gave him my vote as a "anyone but Hillary" vote.  I thought he was going to be a disaster.  It turns out that he was our best President since Reagan.

I was wrong about Trump as well. I am not Christian, but initially wanted Ted Cruz because Trump was so bombastic and quite frankly, too much of a New Yorker. I did not believe he really wanted to be POTUS and questioned his motives. I did vote for him, of course because Clinton, but he proved me wrong. I truly love the Man now.

(05-27-2021, 01:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Both sides are cringeworthy. I don't mind debates but what has been happening here is beyond that.

And I'm not giving the OP the satisfaction of me saying what I think I got wrong when he is a smug (his own descriptive word for himself) hypocrite who will literally fill pages with his spin to talk himself out of a corner he backed himself into. No. I don't owe him anything. Had almost any other poster started this subject I probably would have answered. As it is, the answer I gave is as good as it's going to get.

You're still mad that I called a ship that carries helicopters an aircraft carrier? Why does that matter to you?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Probably that and everything else you've ever posted.

(05-27-2021, 10:51 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Well, this went about as expected.  This forum is toxic, which is to be expected when it's mostly populated by Trump supporters.

I know plenty of toxic people on both sides of the political spectrum.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-27-2021, 03:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 01:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Both sides are cringeworthy. I don't mind debates but what has been happening here is beyond that.

You're still mad that I called a ship that carries helicopters an aircraft carrier? Why does that matter to you?

I would venture to say that because as usual you are wrong.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-27-2021, 03:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 01:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Both sides are cringeworthy. I don't mind debates but what has been happening here is beyond that.

No dumb [BLEEP], it's because you continued to insist that any ship which carries aircraft is as strategically capable as another. You led your argument with ignorance and bolstered it with bilge.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2021, 05:02 PM by mikesez.)

(05-27-2021, 04:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 03:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're still mad that I called a ship that carries helicopters an aircraft carrier? Why does that matter to you?

No dumb [BLEEP], it's because you continued to insist that any ship which carries aircraft is as strategically capable as another. You led your argument with ignorance and bolstered it with bilge.

That's not what I said but OK.
I said we have more than enough ships that carry airplanes.
And more than enough that carry helicopters.
More than enough of both.  Of all.
Do you dispute that? Do you think we need more?
Google counted the helicopter carriers as aircraft carriers.  I should have been more careful before I copied something off of Google, but they're the ones who lumped the two together, not me.
If you were a non-toxic conversation partner, you would say, "OK, dumb mistake, but I think the number of ships we have is _______.". Excessive? Just right? Not enough? Any of those answers would have been on topic and respectful.
But you are toxic because you look for any excuse to make the conversation about the poster instead.

https://youtu.be/LOZuxwVk7TU

(05-27-2021, 04:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 04:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No dumb [BLEEP], it's because you continued to insist that any ship which carries aircraft is as strategically capable as another. You led your argument with ignorance and bolstered it with bilge.

That's not what I said but OK.
Google counted the helicopter carriers as aircraft carriers.  I should have been more careful before I copied something off of Google, but they're the ones who lumped the two together, not me.
If you were a non-toxic conversation partner, you would say, "OK, dumb mistake, but I think the number of ships we have is _______.". Excessive? Just right? Not enough? Any of those answers would have been on topic and respectful.
But you are toxic because you look for any excuse to make the conversation about the poster instead.

The moral of about 90% of your posts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-27-2021, 06:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 04:59 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's not what I said but OK.

The moral of about 90% of your posts.

And I'm not the only one here with that issue.

I saw a TED talk that challenged people to compare screenshots of their Google search results. Based on your search history, you might get totally different results for simple searches compared to what your neighbors get. If your top three results for coronavirus origins are all peer-reviewed studies, and mine are all from CNN, and Ronsters' are all from Twitter and Reddit, that's a problem.  Each of us would think that the other are reading the same things as us, but obviously we're not.