Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julio to the tacks

Not pumped to see him twice a year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hope they drastically overspent..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Dislike seeing this but..
Thinking about targeting tannehill in fantasy this year, their offense could be one of the best this year as long as Derrick Henry is healthy, dude always explodes towards the end of the season

(06-06-2021, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hope they drastically overspent..
The only way this happens is if Julio gets hurt for an extended period of time (which could obviously happen).

Having Julio and AJ forces defenses to keep the safeties back which allows Henry to run free. Not good for the AFC South.

Sometimes you need to make a move for a guy just to keep him away from your competition.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How are they managing this with their cap situation. I thought they only had like $5 million free.

For cheap too...the Jags window can start opening in 2023 I'd say.

I don’t want to start a new thread.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titan...-olympics/

This will be interesting to see. IMHO, pound for pound, wrestlers are the strongest athletes.

(06-06-2021, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hope they drastically overspent..
The only way this happens is if Julio gets hurt for an extended period of time (which could obviously happen).

Having Julio and AJ forces defenses to keep the safeties back which allows Henry to run free. Not good for the AFC South.

Dude, this team needs to learn how to contain Henry first. Everytime we play the tacks, literally, it's a season highlight reel-fest for him. I swear, half of his season highlight reel is vs the Jags.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-06-2021, 01:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The only way this happens is if Julio gets hurt for an extended period of time (which could obviously happen).

Dude, this team needs to learn how to contain Henry first. Everytime we play the tacks, literally, it's a season highlight reel-fest for him. I swear, half of his season highlight reel is vs the Jags.
This move will only hurt the Jags chances of stopping Henry.

Really hard to type this but the tacks are the front runners for the AFC south.

This move is fine with me. It's a win-now move, at a time when we are not ready to contend for the division. As far as I'm concerned, they can hire all the 32 year old vets they want. It just means in a year or two, they'll be getting out of our way.

Tannenhill is still their QB, right?

(06-06-2021, 02:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tannenhill is still their QB, right?

That and their knuckle dragging coach has an IQ in the single digits.

Good --- Hope they start throwing against the Jags instead of running Henry right down our throat.

Tacks get:
Julio Jones ($15.3m salary this year, 3 years on deal)
2023 6th round pick

Falcons get:
2022 2nd round pick
2023 4th round pick

As much as I hate to say it, the Titans got a great deal by not having to give up a 1st round pick. I don't see how the Jaguars have much of a chance to challenge the Titans next season. As far as down the road, I still like the Jaguars chances to pass Tennessee in 2022-23. As great as Henry is, even his body can only take so much punishment.

(06-06-2021, 02:58 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: As much as I hate to say it, the Titans got a great deal by not having to give up a 1st round pick. I don't see how the Jaguars have much of a chance to challenge the Titans next season. As far as down the road, I still like the Jaguars chances to pass Tennessee in 2022-23. As great as Henry is, even his body can only take so much punishment.

Yeah except he isn’t the difference maker. We weren’t going to be much of a challenger to them even with out Julio. We are certainly improving this year but most rational jags fan knew this isn’t an overnight transformation. We just offloaded most of our veteran roster last season and have a litany of young players we need to develop. They can overspend all they want.  But it isn’t to win the division, they had that in bag already. 

They still have no shot vs Baltimore or KC(and that is just to get through the AFCCG).  

Adding an over priced washed up receiver isn’t going to put them over the edge. Plus a second is overpriced.

If they wanted to turn some heads, go get Rodgers... lol Julio isn’t scaring anyone.

(06-06-2021, 04:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 02:58 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: As much as I hate to say it, the Titans got a great deal by not having to give up a 1st round pick. I don't see how the Jaguars have much of a chance to challenge the Titans next season. As far as down the road, I still like the Jaguars chances to pass Tennessee in 2022-23. As great as Henry is, even his body can only take so much punishment.

Yeah except he isn’t the difference maker. We weren’t going to be much of a challenger to them even with out Julio. We are certainly improving this year but most rational jags fan knew this isn’t an overnight transformation. We just offloaded most of our veteran roster last season and have a litany of young players we need to develop. They can overspend all they want.  But it isn’t to win the division, they had that in bag already. 

They still have no shot vs Baltimore or KC(and that is just to get through the AFCCG).  

Adding an over priced washed up receiver isn’t going to put them over the edge. Plus a second is overpriced.

If they wanted to turn some heads, go get Rodgers... lol Julio isn’t scaring anyone.

Julio was well on his way to 1300+ yards and 7+ TD last year before he missed time. You call that washed up, but I think all of us would take that kind of production here. We've only had two 1k+ yard receivers since 2005...

He doesn't have to be the main man anymore either because now he gets to play with another good up and coming WR in AJ Brown. They'll get plenty of single coverage as well because Henry will eat teams up running the ball if they keep Safeties deep.

This was a great move for the Titans.

(06-06-2021, 04:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Baltimore may not even be a top 4 team in the AFC…..

KC Buffalo Cleveland (who got much better) and the tacks are all better IMO.

And by saying “Julio is washed up” further proves what little you know.