Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julio to the tacks

(06-07-2021, 01:07 PM)Upper Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 12:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m not worried about Julio Jones, I just hope they can stop Derek Henry. Seems like he always gets a 90+ yard run everytime he faces the Jags.

Well guess what adding one of the most elite WRs to an offense that already had one of the most elite WRs does...

You can give them all the elite WRs they want but man we gotta buck up and learn to stop Henry. I would rather Force Tannehill beat us instead of watching us punt the ball and down it inside the 5 yard line, only for Henry to break loose and run 94 yards to the house.

I watched the game a few days ago and the announcer literally said “He did it again”

99 yarder, 94 yarder he’s killed us for too long.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 11:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-08-2021, 10:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Marvin Jones who came out 1 year after Juluo has only 9 less TDs than Julio.  Its possible he finishes his career with more TDs than Julio if Marvin and TLaw find a good connection
This is irrelevant. Does this mean Marvin Jones could be better than Jimmy Smith? or that Hines Ward is better than Calvin Johnson?

Again. It's mostly personal preference but if I was starting from scratch and could pick any WR of all time for my team, Julio would be extremely high on my list.
Its irrelevant that he doesnt find the endzone and score TDs like the greats?  Since when is TDs irrelevant?.  Calvin Johnson had as many TDs as Ward did in 5 less seasons.  Calvin Johnson scored TDs so dont know what you mean about that, Megaton had a 16 TD season and 3 12 TD seasons.  I also didnt say Jimmy Smith is a top 5 WR.  Julio Jones has only scored 10 TDs in a season once.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 11:15 AM by JagFanatic24.)

In 10 games against the Jaguars, Derrick Henry has 184 carries for 1,013 yards and 12 TDs and has averaged 5.5 a pop.

In 10 GAMES!!!

Jerome Bettis played the Jags 15 times, he averaged 3.6 yards per carry and scored 4 TDs with 961 yards. He carried the ball 268 times against the Jags.

What Henry is doing to the Jags is all-worldly

(06-08-2021, 11:10 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: In 10 games against the Jaguars, Derrick Henry has 184 carries for 1,013 yards and 12 TDs

In 10 GAMES!!!

The Titans go as Henry goes.

(06-08-2021, 11:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 10:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is irrelevant. Does this mean Marvin Jones could be better than Jimmy Smith? or that Hines Ward is better than Calvin Johnson?

Again. It's mostly personal preference but if I was starting from scratch and could pick any WR of all time for my team, Julio would be extremely high on my list.
Its irrelevant that he doesnt find the endzone and score TDs like the greats?  Since when is TDs irrelevant?.   Calvin Johnson had as many TDs as Ward did in 5 less seasons.  Calvin Johnson scored TDs so dont know what you mean about that, Megaton had a 16 TD season and 3 12 TD seasons.  I also didnt say Jimmy Smith is a top 5 WR.  Julio Jones has only scored 10 TDs in a season once.
No. It's irrelevant to bring up Marvin Jones and his TDs because it means nothing as it pertains to Julio.

This isn't just about stats for me as well. When I watch Julio, I see someone who can do things that almost no other WR can do. He's big, fast, has good hands, great route runner and he can block. You can't say that about many WRs.

Again. It's mostly personal preference. If you like other players in your top 5, go for it.

The Titans had to restructure Tannehill's contract to free up money to make this work. Next year, AJ Brown becomes a free agent. This seems like a short term move to me. Maybe even a desperation move.

(06-08-2021, 11:07 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 01:07 PM)Upper Wrote: Well guess what adding one of the most elite WRs to an offense that already had one of the most elite WRs does...

You can give them all the elite WRs they want but man we gotta buck up and learn to stop Henry. I would rather Force Tannehill beat us instead of watching us punt the ball and down it inside the 5 yard line, only for Henry to break loose and run 94 yards to the house.

I watched the game a few days ago and the announcer literally said “He did it again”

99 yarder, 94 yarder he’s killed us for too long.

That's my point. We have been completely incapable of stopping Henry when their WRs were Eric Decker and Tajae Sharpe. How much harder do you think it's going to be when they have two of the elite receivers drawing extra attention on the outside.

Tacks got short term better.

I’m curious to see how consistent Tannehill may or may not be, and whether that’s enough to really utilize their receivers.

They are poised to compete with the colts for the division this year if they stay healthy, but their window may be relatively short. Interested to see it all play out.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 03:31 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(06-06-2021, 02:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tannenhill is still their QB, right?

Man had like 33 td 7 ints last year. Im not saying hes elite but hes definitely better than most thought he was.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Marcus Mariota not becoming an elite passer cause man their offense right now with Mariotas running ability would be extremely terrifying if he could throw.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 04:12 PM by Kane.)

Julio is still a good WR but he's past his prime. Good move by tacks but I'm not overly worried about him. Henry is and will continue to be the biggest worry. If he's healthy he's a very good #2 at this point in his career but he had Matt Ryan and now has Tannehill. Not an upgrade really. I'm not expecting much different than the last couple years from ol JJ

(06-08-2021, 03:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 02:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tannenhill is still their QB, right?

Man had like 33 td 7 ints last year. Im not saying hes elite but hes definitely better than most thought he was.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Marcus Mariota not becoming an elite passer cause man their offense right now with Mariotas running ability would be extremely terrifying if he could throw.

Tannehill definitely turned out to be a pretty good QB. But not any better than Matt Ryan imo

(06-08-2021, 04:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Julio is still a good WR but he's past his prime. Good move by tacks but I'm not overly worried about him. Henry is and will continue to be the biggest worry. If he's healthy he's a very good #2 at this point in his career but he had Matt Ryan and now has Tannehill. Not an upgrade really. I'm not expecting much different than the last couple years from ol JJ

(06-08-2021, 03:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Man had like 33 td 7 ints last year. Im not saying hes elite but hes definitely better than most thought he was.

Tannehill definitely turned out to be a pretty good QB. But not any better than Matt Ryan imo
You’re not expecting anything different from Julio than his last few years?

You may wanna check his stats from 2018 and 2019.

I agree he’s not in his prime but when he’s healthy, he’s a matchup nightmare and will just help Henry run wild even more.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 04:40 PM by CTEisREAL.)

Tannehill has better numbers than Mahomes over the last 24 games. Tannehill is a way better passer than Ryan because of the accuracy and his deep ball. Adding JJ to AJB makes Henry more dangerous in the run game. No one is going to single cover JJ and AJB so it means Henry is going to face more 6 and 7 man boxes and TN also rebuilt their OL. They were missing both starting OT last yr and Henry got 2K. This year they have 4 OT and 2 new G to back up. They are stacked.

Tannehill re did his deal to free up 18 million so now the reports are TN is going after Melvin Ingram to rotate in as a swing DE. They are swinging for the fences now. They are gonna be nasty if they pull this off with Dupree and Autry already added to the DL. They upgraded their secondary with Farley, Jack Rabbitt and Fulton. Fulton missed his entire rookie year with injury I think. They also drafted Molden CB/S in the third who I thought was a steal.

(06-08-2021, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tacks got short term better.

I’m curious to see how consistent Tannehill may or may not be, and whether that’s enough to really utilize their receivers.

They are poised to compete with the colts for the division this year if they stay healthy, but their window may be relatively short. Interested to see it all play out.

CLOTS have no secondary to compete with TN 10 personnel right now.  In fact no one they face on their schedule does if you look at it.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

At this point I would rather have Julio Jones, Ryan Tannehill, and Brown get all the yards the they want, rather than Derrick Henry getting 200+ against us.

It’s like he’s in Techmo Super Bowl and he presses the A button faster than anyone else.

(06-08-2021, 04:39 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Tannehill has better numbers than Mahomes over the last 24 games.  Tannehill is a way better passer than Ryan because of the accuracy and his deep ball.  Adding JJ to AJB makes Henry more dangerous in the run game.  No one is going to single cover JJ and AJB so it means Henry is going to face more 6 and 7 man boxes and TN also rebuilt their OL.  They were missing both starting OT last yr and Henry got 2K.  This year they have 4 OT and 2 new G to back up.  They are stacked.  

Tannehill re did his deal to free up 18 million so now the reports are TN is going after Melvin Ingram to rotate in as a swing DE.  They are swinging for the fences now.  They are gonna be nasty if they pull this off with Dupree and Autry already added to the DL.  They upgraded their secondary with Farley, Jack Rabbitt and Fulton.  Fulton missed his entire rookie year with injury I think.  They also drafted Molden CB/S in the third who I thought was a steal.

(06-08-2021, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tacks got short term better.

CLOTS have no secondary to compete with TN 10 personnel right now.  In fact no one they face on their schedule does if you look at it.

Things always look rosier on paper. 
The Bills and Rams will hold up against that offense pretty well BTW.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 09:15 AM by Mikey.)

(06-08-2021, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Julio is a great WR and has had a great career but he doesnt have a nose for the endzone.  Antonio Brown is up there.  TO is top 3 though without a doubt and my favorite

TO has almost 100 more TDs than Jones lol.  Its not that close between those 2

I had to look this up because it seemed so unbelievable. Mein Gott.

(06-08-2021, 01:03 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: The Titans had to restructure Tannehill's contract to free up money to make this work. Next year, AJ Brown becomes a free agent.  This seems like a short term move to me. Maybe even a desperation move.

Next year Julio is only 2M dead money to release, IIRC. If they are going to pay one guy 15M a year, I sure hope they decide to pay the guy in his mid-30s.

(06-08-2021, 04:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Julio is still a good WR but he's past his prime. Good move by tacks but I'm not overly worried about him. Henry is and will continue to be the biggest worry. If he's healthy he's a very good #2 at this point in his career but he had Matt Ryan and now has Tannehill. Not an upgrade really. I'm not expecting much different than the last couple years from ol JJ

(06-08-2021, 03:30 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Man had like 33 td 7 ints last year. Im not saying hes elite but hes definitely better than most thought he was.

This brings up a good point, too. Most of Julio's work has been done in a dome, I'll be interested to see if playing in the elements especially toward the end of the season has any impact on his performance.

Ideally those weather games should be where the team leans on Henry, but I got to wonder if all them carries are going to start catching up to him.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 12:28 PM by CTEisREAL.)

(06-09-2021, 09:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 04:39 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Tannehill has better numbers than Mahomes over the last 24 games.  Tannehill is a way better passer than Ryan because of the accuracy and his deep ball.  Adding JJ to AJB makes Henry more dangerous in the run game.  No one is going to single cover JJ and AJB so it means Henry is going to face more 6 and 7 man boxes and TN also rebuilt their OL.  They were missing both starting OT last yr and Henry got 2K.  This year they have 4 OT and 2 new G to back up.  They are stacked.  

Tannehill re did his deal to free up 18 million so now the reports are TN is going after Melvin Ingram to rotate in as a swing DE.  They are swinging for the fences now.  They are gonna be nasty if they pull this off with Dupree and Autry already added to the DL.  They upgraded their secondary with Farley, Jack Rabbitt and Fulton.  Fulton missed his entire rookie year with injury I think.  They also drafted Molden CB/S in the third who I thought was a steal.

Things always look rosier on paper. 

Look what Diggs did for Buffalo last yr.  He made a huge difference and cost Buffalo a one.  TN got a better WR cheaper.  You are deluding yourself if you do not see what this move means.  Even the NFL lapdogs see it.  https://www.nfl.com/news/eight-nfl-teams...-offseason

(06-09-2021, 09:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:

This brings up a good point, too. Most of Julio's work has been done in a dome, I'll be interested to see if playing in the elements especially toward the end of the season has any impact on his performance.

Ideally those weather games should be where the team leans on Henry, but I got to wonder if all them carries are going to start catching up to him.

Disagree.  Henry now will be able to run into favorable fronts because of JJ and AJB.  Why?  JJ and AJB are going to force defensive coordinators league-wide to have to change their coverage pre-snap which makes Tannehill's job way easier to where the ball is going in pre snaps reads.  He will run this offense more than Downing will on the sidelines.  because DC's will be changing looks at the line of scrimmage.  Henry will no longer be forced to run into brick walls when they use 3 WRs.  This means his carries drop and his effectiveness will RISE.  That is a way bigger problem for all teams in the AFC South.  Not one has a good secondary to handle this.  Few have LBers to cover Evans or Firsker from the slot.  This look is going to be nasty.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(06-09-2021, 12:21 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 09:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Things always look rosier on paper. 

Look what Diggs did for Buffalo last yr.  He made a huge difference and cost Buffalo a one.  TN got a better WR cheaper.  You are deluding yourself if you do not see what this move means.  Even the NFL lapdogs see it.  https://www.nfl.com/news/eight-nfl-teams...-offseason

My statement was "the tacks got better short term." That's likely going to prove true. 

That is not "deluding myself."

The only delusion taking place here happened when you stated there wasn't a defense on the schedule that can compete against the tacks 10 personnel grouping.

There isn't a D that can.

(06-09-2021, 08:24 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: There isn't a D that can.

Predict your offensive stat lines against the rams and bills and let's compare them to what actually happens in a few months.