Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julio to the tacks

(06-15-2021, 07:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I know the off-season is the time for people to pump themselves up, but did anyone watch Tannehill in the playoffs last year? The Ravens stopped Henry and Tannehill had nothing for them, and the Titans scored a whopping 13 points in a home playoffs game.

I'm not sure how long it takes for the wheels to fall off of Henry, but they will sooner or later and at that point the Titans will realize how badly they overpaid for Tannehill.

With play action, he’s completed over 60 percent of his passes for 12 touchdowns and three interceptions. Without play action, he’s completed over 68 percent of his pass attempts for 21 touchdowns and four interceptions.

Here’s a look at his numbers in both 
categories, from Pro Football Focus.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Titans/status/13...40928?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-15-2021, 04:58 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 07:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I know the off-season is the time for people to pump themselves up, but did anyone watch Tannehill in the playoffs last year? The Ravens stopped Henry and Tannehill had nothing for them, and the Titans scored a whopping 13 points in a home playoffs game.

I'm not sure how long it takes for the wheels to fall off of Henry, but they will sooner or later and at that point the Titans will realize how badly they overpaid for Tannehill.

With play action, he’s completed over 60 percent of his passes for 12 touchdowns and three interceptions. Without play action, he’s completed over 68 percent of his pass attempts for 21 touchdowns and four interceptions.

Thanks for sharing, not sure why you think it is relevant, though.

(06-15-2021, 07:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 04:58 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: With play action, he’s completed over 60 percent of his passes for 12 touchdowns and three interceptions. Without play action, he’s completed over 68 percent of his pass attempts for 21 touchdowns and four interceptions.

Thanks for sharing, not sure why you think it is relevant, though.

Because you used the Henry argument to his success wich is a lazy argument.

(06-15-2021, 08:00 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 07:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Thanks for sharing, not sure why you think it is relevant, though.

Okay.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 11:50 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(06-15-2021, 08:00 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 07:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Thanks for sharing, not sure why you think it is relevant, though.

Play action isn't relevant at all.. lol

He literally has single and zero coverage to throw to... its the easiest football ever.

That's why in the playoffs they expose him. 'Cause he's a game manager.... don't get me wrong, when Henry is running that offense he looks pretty decent... when they stop Henry (the real reason they are any good) and the tacks rely on Tannehill's arm? They lose.

(06-15-2021, 11:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 08:00 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Because you used the Henry argument to his success wich is a lazy argument.

Play action isn't relevant at all.. lol

He literally has single and zero coverage to throw to... its the easiest football ever.

That's why in the playoffs they expose him. 'Cause he's a game manager.... don't get me wrong, when Henry is running that offense he looks pretty decent... when they stop Henry (the real reason they are any good) and the tacks rely on Tannehill's arm? They lose.

Right. Tannehill has been very productive, but the guys that make their money evaluating players rate him like I do, as a good mid tier starter. They also rate AJ Brown and Henry as elite at their positions, though, which helps to explain why a guy on the Matthew Stafford, Baker Mayfield, and Derek Carr tier has such good regular season stats and then throws for 165 yards and a pick in the playoffs when the running game is stuffed.

(06-15-2021, 08:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 04:53 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: The stats I provided were for all 24 games he has started for the Titans.  Not sure which "string of games" you're referring to.  And yes some of his numbers are better than Mahomes...more TDs, better completion percentage, and better QBR.  And no, I don't think he's a better QB than Mahomes, but you have to admit it's pretty impressive to put up numbers similar to Mahomes given that KC throws the ball 62% of the time compared to TN throwing it just under 50% of the time.

pro football stats shows 26 starts for tanny in 19 and 20. Did y'all block two starts from your memory?

I thought it was also very impressive when I compared the stat lines for both QB in the playoffs. Be warned, it isn't pretty.

(06-16-2021, 07:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 11:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Play action isn't relevant at all.. lol

Right. Tannehill has been very productive, but the guys that make their money evaluating players rate him like I do, as a good mid tier starter. They also rate AJ Brown and Henry as elite at their positions, though, which helps to explain why a guy on the Matthew Stafford, Baker Mayfield, and Derek Carr tier has such good regular season stats and then throws for 165 yards and a pick in the playoffs when the running game is stuffed.

He didnt get "stopped" you apparently did not watch ths game.

The last 4 years

Marvin Jones- 32 TDs

Julio Jones- 20 TDs

(06-20-2021, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The last 4 years

Marvin Jones- 32 TDs

Julio Jones- 20 TDs

^^

Marvin Jones played on a pass first team and has had a great QB throwing to him. Jones in TN is going to be tough to stop because of AJ Brown and Henry are monsters in the red zone.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2021, 08:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-21-2021, 03:37 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Marvin Jones played on a pass first team and has had a great QB throwing to him.  Jones in TN is going to be tough to stop because of AJ Brown and Henry are monsters in the red zone.

Lol, Atl is a pass first team as well and Matt Ryan>> Stafford

Sounds like excuses to me

(06-21-2021, 03:37 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Marvin Jones played on a pass first team and has had a great QB throwing to him.  Jones in TN is going to be tough to stop because of AJ Brown and Henry are monsters in the red zone.

remind me who the all-world RBs in Atlanta were?

Matt Ryan has 10K more yards and 65 more TD than Stat Padford.

the username/comment synergy is so very, very strong with this guy.

Didn't read back through the pages but someone is making the argument that Ryan Tannehill is simply a game manager for the Titans,right????

Well if they are game managers don't do this.....

*In his second start with Titans on October 20,2019 Tannehill completed 23 of 29 passes (79% comp rate) and a 120.1 QB rating in a 23-20 win over Chargers.

*On 12-8-19 he threw for 391 yards, three TDs and a passer rating of 140.4 in the 42–21 road victory, earning him AFC Offensive Player of the Week vs Raiders.

*In Tannehill's last 4 games of 2019 season Titans scored 35,42,31,42 points.

*From 11-24-19 to 12-8-19 Tannehill and Titans set numerous records. Tannehill had 3 straight games with a 77% comp rate all were wins.

*Tannehill joined Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (three games in 2011) as the only players to complete at least 75 percent of their passes with a passer rating of 130 or higher (minimum 10 attempts) in three consecutive games in a single season in NFL history.

*Tannehill also joined Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (five games in 2015) as the only players with four consecutive games with at least two passing touchdowns and a passer rating of 125 or higher in NFL history.

*Perspective on the Titans' recent explosive offense: over the past 50 seasons, there have been just 34 games in which an offense has averaged 9.0+ yards per play and Titans did it twice in the past three weeks against the Jaguars on 11-24-19 and the Raiders on 12-8-19.

*Since Tannehill took over in Week 7,Titans are getting an explosive play on an NFL-best 16% of offensive snaps over that time. Next closest is 13%.

*Tannehill led the league and set franchise-records with a 117.5 quarterback rating and 9.6 yards per attempt in 2019. Was third in completion percentage 70.3%

*Tannehill also averaged 9 yards per attempt while completing 70 percent of their passes only the third QB in NFL history to do so besides Sammy Baugh in 1945 and Joe Montana in 1989.

*Led Titans to a 75.6% TD percentage and number 1 ranking in Red Zone for 2019.

*Tannehill threw a TD on 7.7 percent of his pass attempts, the highest mark in NFL history for a QB who completed at least 70 percent of his passes.

*Tannehill became the third quarterback since 1991 to finish the regular season with an overall and red zone completion percentage of over 70%. (The others were New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees with 74.4% in 2018 and San Francisco 49ers quarterback Steve Young with 70.3% in 1994.)

*Ryan Tannehill averaged 12.3 YPA when targeting A.J. Brown. The highest average for any QB-WR combo in last 10 years.

*AFC December 2019 Player of the Month

*Voted to Pro Bowl and was NFL Comeback Player of the Year

*Led Titans to playoff victories over the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens getting to AFC Championship

*Rookie WR A.J. Brown had four 50+ yard TD catches in 2019 best since Randy Moss (1998) and first rookie in NFL HISTORY to have 1,000 yards w/ 64 or fewer receptions.

*Led NFL in 2020 with 6 game winning drives and 5 fourth quarter comebacks.

*Titans scored 30 or more points in 16 of 32 or half their games in 2019/2020,among NFL best

*Led Titans to AFC South division title 2020 and AFC wild card playoff berth

*On deep routes Tannehill completed 30 of 53 passes for 865 yards,584 air yards,7 TD ,1 TD and a 134.6 passer rating leading the NFL

*On October 18,2020 against Houston the Titans became the first team in NFL history with a 350+ yard passer in Tannehill and 200+ yard rusher in Henry.

*With 3 TD passes, 2 rush TDs & a 145.8 rating on December 20,2020 against Lions Tannehill became the 3rd player in NFL history with 3+ TD passes, 2+ rush TDs & a 145+ rating in a single game joining Jack Kemp (1960) and Mike Vick (2010)

*Helped lead Derrick Henry to a 2000 yard season and back to back rushing titles.

*Led Titans offense to most points in a season in Titans history (491),most yards in a season in Titans history (6,343),most TD passes in a season in Titans history (33).

*First team in NFL history with 2,000 yard rusher & 3,500-yard passer same season

*First team in NFL history with a QB with 40+ Touchdowns, a receiver with 1,000+ yards and a rusher with 2000+ yards.

*Tannehill became just the fourth QB in NFL history to produce consecutive seasons with a passer rating of 106.0 or greater. The others are Drew Brees (2018–2020), Russell Wilson (2018–2019) and Aaron Rodgers (2011–2012)

*Led Titans to two out of the three best single season red zone TD rates in the NFL since 2004: 2019 Titans 77.36% and 2020 Titans 74.24%

*Ryan Tannehill rankings since taking over as the Titans starter in Week 7 of 2019:

1st in NFL yards per pass 8.5
1st Game winning drives with 9
1st in 4th qtr comebacks with 7
1st Red Zone TD % 75.3
1st 16 games 30+ pts
2nd team rank offense '20
3rd pass rating 111.3
3rd 55 pass TDs
5th 18 wins
8th 67% comp
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

So he's a very good game manager. And your own team treats him as a game manager... Look at the last few games of last season. The running game was working so well, Tannehill was barely throwing the ball at all. He didn't need to. But your team did him a disservice. When Henry was shut down, and Tannehill needed to carry the team, he was out of rhythm and had no chance.
I think Tannehill is much better than he gets credit for, but he's still a game manager - your coaches have seen to that.

(07-07-2021, 12:01 PM)scottyg Wrote: So he's a very good game manager.  And your own team treats him as a game manager...  Look at the last few games of last season.  The running game was working so well, Tannehill was barely throwing the ball at all.  He didn't need to.  But your team did him a disservice.  When Henry was shut down, and Tannehill needed to carry the team, he was out of rhythm and had no chance.
I think Tannehill is much better than he gets credit for, but he's still a game manager - your coaches have seen to that.

I am not a Tack fan.  I am a Jaguar fan.  I just refuse to lie to myself about their QB.  He is way better than this board thinks.

https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-20...-the-top-i

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIePVHhqniE&t=207s

(07-08-2021, 01:09 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/state-of-the-20...-the-top-i

You should check your sources... that guy is a hack.

And Ryan Tannehill sucks if you ask him to win.

(07-14-2021, 01:16 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You should check your sources... that guy is a hack.

And Ryan Tannehill sucks if you ask him to win.

FIFY

(06-09-2021, 12:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 12:21 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Look what Diggs did for Buffalo last yr.  He made a huge difference and cost Buffalo a one.  TN got a better WR cheaper.  You are deluding yourself if you do not see what this move means.  Even the NFL lapdogs see it.  https://www.nfl.com/news/eight-nfl-teams...-offseason

My statement was "the tacks got better short term." That's likely going to prove true. 

That is not "deluding myself."

The only delusion taking place here happened when you stated there wasn't a defense on the schedule that can compete against the tacks 10 personnel grouping.

(06-09-2021, 08:24 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: There isn't a D that can.

(06-09-2021, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:24 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: There isn't a D that can.

Predict your offensive stat lines against the rams and bills and let's compare them to what actually happens in a few months.

Well, week one proved there was a D that can after all. 

Still curious what you think the tacks will do vs the bills and rams.  How many yards passing? How many yards rushing?