Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What realistic record do the Jags need to have to be classified as Successful?

I see the team being somewhere between 0-17 and 17-0 by the end of the season.  If the team is closer to the latter then I would consider it successful.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-09-2021, 07:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I see the team being somewhere between 0-17 and 17-0 by the end of the season.  If the team is closer to the latter then I would consider it successful.
Seems about right

6 wins minimum to be considered a successful season, unless injuries to TL keep him out more than 3 games or the season gets abbreviated due to a new COVID breakout.  If we can’t get to 6 wins with UM & TL, they failed, period.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I'd be happy with 15-1.

(06-11-2021, 12:03 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: I'd be happy with 15-1.

I'm going out on a limb and say that's not possible...since there's 17 games and all.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-11-2021, 01:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 12:03 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: I'd be happy with 15-1.

I'm going out on a limb and say that's not possible...since there's 17 games and all.

I think cincy meant starting out 15-1 and clinching the 1 seed/bye so they can rest in week 18 and not care bout a loss/win

I think success is all about how Trevor looks. If we are 4-13 but I see constant flashes and good improvement than that’s success. If we win 7 games but we went back to Minshew, that would be a bad thing IMO. Basically the whole team can suck, but if Trevor looks like ‘the man’ then this season is a success.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I don't need to use a spread to enhance my chance of being right, 9 games that's the number of wins I predict this year. 7 or more would be the starting point for a successful season.

Honestly, this team was a bit better than its record last year. In all likelihood, we should have probably been a 4 win team because we were in a lot of close games and just had some bounces go the other way.

We have a substantial talent infusion on defense added to a couple of playmakers that were already there. I think by midseason our secondary will look really strong. The line is the question mark, but adding Malcolm Brown and Hamilton staying healthy would make that solid imo. Cullen should be an upgrade over Wash.

On offense, it all rests on Trevor's shoulders. I really like our receivers, and adding Etienne to Robinson should make our backfield really good. The line is meh and possibly bad; I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because there was a lot of self-sacking going on back there, but that has to be some substantial improvement for us to be successful. Tight end is a huge concern. I think Bevell will do a good job.

Ultimately, it'll come down to whether Urban is blowing sunshine up our skirts or he actually has instilled a winning culture and motivates the team to fight for it. A lot of people seem to believe in him nationally, although I remain skeptical. If we don't have early success, I'm genuinely worried how he and Lawrence will handle it, both being very accustomed to rampant winning and all.

Frankly, if we're not hovering around .500 at season's end, I'll be disappointed. I could see us being in the discussion as a wild card team at some point, or being at 5 wins if the wheels fall off.