Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is on your Mount Rushmore

(06-11-2021, 03:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Freddy should be at the top of that list.  I'm guessing you weren't alive when he was a Jaguar.
He was never considered the best rb in league. Those 3 guys above him had arguments to be made at one time or another

Fred definitely had arguments to made for best in the league. Jim Brown and Ray Lewis know what’s up.

Fred is a legend. If we played the coulda woulda shoulda game, he probably ends up in the top 5 rushing of all time. 

He gave everyone a 55 game head start.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-11-2021, 05:51 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 05:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Top of that 2nd tier. Man I just don’t see how anybody could say Mark is at the top of the 2nd tier.

I have watched every game the Jags have ever played including the Hall of Fame game and all preseason games and playoff games.

Mark Brunell was that dude! The season he had in 1996 he was playing out of his mind. I am seriously challenging you to go back and watch just the highlights of the Jaguars. You can type in 1996 Jaguars and there is a guy that posted all the highlights from every team from like 1995 up until present day. Chris and Tom on NFL Prime Time. 

If Brunell played into today’s era he would have 4800-5100 yards and 35 TDs on average.

I’m cool with him not being in your top 4. I respect your opinion. He’s not Hall of fame material and I agree with that. He’s the best QB in franchise history by a long shot. 

Pre injury, the league was put on notice. He was compared to Steve Young. 

Please accept the challenge. Go back and watch man. For real.

He’s in the Pride for a reason. MJD probably won’t ever make the Pride. MJD is at the top of the 2nd tier with Brackens Darius and Hardy and the rest of them.

Current Pride: Tony, Fred, Mark, Jimmy, Weavers

I'm an original STH and have watched him since he took over for Beuerlein. Again, he was terrific for a couple of years and pretty good for a couple of others. Pre knee-injury he was a limited but athletic run-first QB. Later he developed into a better pocket passer. At his peak in '99 he was a top 5 pocket passer and had a couple of great pro-bowl appearances. By 2001, his best days were behind him. None of that is meant to knock the guy, I think he was a quintessential Jaguar in many ways and is still our best QB (at least for now). By the way, being top of second tier is no knock. There are a lot of fine players on that tier from Hardy to McCardell to Brackens to Searcy to Henderson and Stroud. I might put Kyle Brady on that list too. I'm just saying if you put Mark on Rushmore you really got to put those guys up there too and before long it starts to lose any real meaning.

Mark was never a run first QB. He led the league in passing yards in 1996 and got hurt in the preseason game at the Giants in 1997. 

I’m just gonna end it here man. I’m not gonna do this.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2021, 12:00 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(06-11-2021, 05:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:02 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I don't know if we have a fourth guy but if we do, I'd probably go with MJD. Mark was a very good player. He was probably at the top of that second tier of players but the fact that he's been the best QB in our history is more a condemnation of the franchise than an indication he was a Mt Rushmore kind of player.

Top of that 2nd tier. Man I just don’t see how anybody could say Mark is at the top of the 2nd tier.

I have watched every game the Jags have ever played including the Hall of Fame game and all preseason games and playoff games.

Mark Brunell was that dude! The season he had in 1996 he was playing out of his mind. I am seriously challenging you to go back and watch just the highlights of the Jaguars. You can type in 1996 Jaguars and there is a guy that posted all the highlights from every team from like 1995 up until present day. Chris and Tom on NFL Prime Time. 

If Brunell played into today’s era he would have 4800-5100 yards and 35 TDs on average.

I’m cool with him not being in your top 4. I respect your opinion. He’s not Hall of fame material and I agree with that. He’s the best QB in franchise history by a long shot. 

Pre injury, the league was put on notice. He was compared to Steve Young. 

Please accept the challenge. Go back and watch man. For real.

He’s in the Pride for a reason. MJD probably won’t ever make the Pride. MJD is at the top of the 2nd tier with Brackens Darius and Hardy and the rest of them.

Current Pride: Tony, Fred, Mark, Jimmy, Weavers

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Brunell was never great. He would probably have 3300-3800 yards and 20-25 TDs in this era.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-11-2021, 11:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 05:51 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm an original STH and have watched him since he took over for Beuerlein. Again, he was terrific for a couple of years and pretty good for a couple of others. Pre knee-injury he was a limited but athletic run-first QB. Later he developed into a better pocket passer. At his peak in '99 he was a top 5 pocket passer and had a couple of great pro-bowl appearances. By 2001, his best days were behind him. None of that is meant to knock the guy, I think he was a quintessential Jaguar in many ways and is still our best QB (at least for now). By the way, being top of second tier is no knock. There are a lot of fine players on that tier from Hardy to McCardell to Brackens to Searcy to Henderson and Stroud. I might put Kyle Brady on that list too. I'm just saying if you put Mark on Rushmore you really got to put those guys up there too and before long it starts to lose any real meaning.

Mark was never a run first QB. He led the league in passing yards in 1996 and got hurt in the preseason game at the Giants in 1997. 

I’m just gonna end it here man. I’m not gonna do this.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but you must not have watched him (you said you did though so I'll take you at your word) or your memory is failing.

The single biggest criticism of Mark's play in those first couple of years was that he would leave the pocket too quickly. He was actually second in total yards in 96 but that's not an indicator of his decision making ability. For comparison, such starwalts as Jeff Blake and Drew Bledsoe were up there with him that year.

During 97-99 (his peak) he improved noticeably in decision making which was widely noticed at the time. Though he fell out of the top 10 in overall prodution in the league, he was actually a better QB during those years then he was in 96. Makes sense right?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-11-2021, 11:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 03:14 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He was never considered the best rb in league. Those 3 guys above him had arguments to be made at one time or another

Fred definitely had arguments to made for best in the league. Jim Brown and Ray Lewis know what’s up.

Fred is a legend. If we played the coulda woulda shoulda game, he probably ends up in the top 5 rushing of all time. 

He gave everyone a 55 game head start.

Fred is a great player, I still think the 3 i mentioned above are better at more valuable positions tho. Just my opinion not a fact.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!