Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Urban Meyer Approval?
This poll is closed.
He is the man. I'm bought in.
29.51%
36 29.51%
He should do well, but no NFL experience. We'll see.
31.15%
38 31.15%
I want to like him, but he's made a few head scratching moves.
16.39%
20 16.39%
He's making bad decisions. I'm skeptical.
12.30%
15 12.30%
He's going to ruin this franchise.
5.74%
7 5.74%
Corn
3.28%
4 3.28%
Blank #2
1.64%
2 1.64%
Total 122 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Big Urban Meyer Approval Rating Thread

How can he ruin a franchise that was 1-15 last season?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-14-2021, 08:34 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: How can he ruin a franchise that was 1-15 last season?
If he somehow ruins Trevor or creates a culture that makes Trevor want to leave...... I would say that counts as ruining a franchise.

(06-14-2021, 08:34 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: How can he ruin a franchise that was 1-15 last season?

Very easily.

We are already a joke of a franchise - then we let a guy who quits on teams when experiencing any kind of trouble citing BS health reasons have ALL the power in the building. Seems a bit... stupid.

(06-14-2021, 08:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Very easily.

We are already a joke of a franchise - then we let a guy who quits on teams when experiencing any kind of trouble citing BS health reasons have ALL the power in the building. Seems a bit... stupid.

There's certainly reason to wonder how Meyer will do at this level but why does he seem to be the only coach to catch hell for having to step away temporarily to take care of his health? It's not like that's unprecedented in the world of sports. Unless you think he faked it which is asinine.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Urban seems to be making all the right moves so far. Getting all the players to attend mini-camp is impressive. This time last year, Yannick was holding out. (Not Marrone's fault). Still, it's too early to tell.

(06-14-2021, 09:55 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 08:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Very easily.

There's certainly reason to wonder how Meyer will do at this level but why does he seem to be the only coach to catch hell for having to step away temporarily to take care of his health? It's not like that's unprecedented in the world of sports. Unless you think he faked it which is asinine.

I'm not sure you'd find many people that believed his health concern stories... even people that still support him.

Man, when that Glaucoma starts acting up can't nobody stay at work.

Of course if his health issues were that serious then he shouldn't be accepting another high pressure job.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-14-2021, 10:31 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 09:55 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: There's certainly reason to wonder how Meyer will do at this level but why does he seem to be the only coach to catch hell for having to step away temporarily to take care of his health? It's not like that's unprecedented in the world of sports. Unless you think he faked it which is asinine.

I'm not sure you'd find many people that believed his health concern stories... even people that still support him.
Well I mean I did kind of believe it the first time at UF. But then he came back to Ohio state and the same thing happened again. I don’t think anyone really believes him at this point. We know if the going gets rough or even looks like it *might* get rough, Meyer is gonna leave.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

It's just very coincidental that his health concerns come in the midst of scandal.  If it were that serious, I very much question his decision to coach in the NFL.

(06-14-2021, 12:26 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 09:55 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: There's certainly reason to wonder how Meyer will do at this level but why does he seem to be the only coach to catch hell for having to step away temporarily to take care of his health? It's not like that's unprecedented in the world of sports. Unless you think he faked it which is asinine.

It's just very coincidental that his health concerns come in the midst of scandal.  If it were that serious, I very much question his decision to coach in the NFL.

Well if you're having surgery to manufacture a fake medical condition, I guess you really are going all in. The way y'all are though, I'm surprised no one on this thread is calling out George Yarno.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Here's a twitter poll concerning the offseason to date:

https://twitter.com/1010xlfattony/status...33666?s=20

I would have to respond with why.