Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Expectations for Dylan Moses & Andre Cisco?

So, let’s talk about the injured rooks and what you expect out of them. I’m highly intrigued by Dylan Moses, the ACL tear is obviously concerning but his first season after the tear he had All-American honors. I expect a “redshirt” year but I think he can be a contributor at some point. 

Cisco is kind of a mystery to me because he isn’t wearing a knee brace and he’s moving well less than 9 month from his injury, but’cha never know. 

I would have added Walker Little but he’s two years removed and hasn’t had any wear and tear since then.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: da7u4mb-4ffbbb33-f4a8-4ed0-8217-8713e2b9...LaQqLHTo-o]

Who is John Galt?

(06-11-2021, 05:12 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: So, let’s talk about the injured rooks and what you expect out of them. I’m highly intrigued by Dylan Moses, the ACL tear is obviously concerning but his first season after the tear he had All-American honors. I expect a “redshirt” year but I think he can be a contributor at some point. 

Cisco is kind of a mystery to me because he isn’t wearing a knee brace and he’s moving well less than 9 month from his injury, but’cha never know. 

I would have added Walker Little but he’s two years removed and hasn’t had any wear and tear since then.

I think Cisco is the starting free safety as soon as he's able to be comfortable going zero to sixty, all-out,  without favoring the knee. His closing speed is a major asset and he'll need it to be close to 100%. 

Maybe that's in September, maybe that's November. Who knows? 
He should turn out to be the best safety we've had since Gipson at the very least.

Moses will take more time IMO.

(06-11-2021, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 05:12 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: So, let’s talk about the injured rooks and what you expect out of them. I’m highly intrigued by Dylan Moses, the ACL tear is obviously concerning but his first season after the tear he had All-American honors. I expect a “redshirt” year but I think he can be a contributor at some point. 

I think Cisco is the starting free safety as soon as he's able to be comfortable going zero to sixty, all-out,  without favoring the knee. His closing speed is a major asset and he'll need it to be close to 100%. 

He should turn out to be the best safety we've had since Gipson at the very least.

I'm interested to see a LB duo of Moses-Quarterman at the RILB & LILB spots during preseason. Cisco should be good for us, but I view him as more of a SS with Rayshawn Jenkins as the FS
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Not quite fair to have these two in the same conversation. We're counting on Cisco to be our single high safety of the future, while Moses was a UDFA who played like a UDFA last year. If we get anything from Moses we should be counting it as a win.

(06-12-2021, 10:37 PM)Upper Wrote: Not quite fair to have these two in the same conversation. We're counting on Cisco to be our single high safety of the future, while Moses was a UDFA who played like a UDFA last year. If we get anything from Moses we should be counting it as a win.

Well, the conversation is about your expectations for the rookies coming off of injuries. I guess you don’t expect much from Moses and much from Cisco lol. Moses was a first round talent before his bout of injuries so I’m on the optimistic side of things

(06-12-2021, 04:49 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think Cisco is the starting free safety as soon as he's able to be comfortable going zero to sixty, all-out,  without favoring the knee. His closing speed is a major asset and he'll need it to be close to 100%. 

I'm interested to see a LB duo of Moses-Quarterman at the RILB & LILB spots during preseason. Cisco should be good for us, but I view him as more of a SS with Rayshawn Jenkins as the FS

It def could work out that way. They've both played both spots. 
Will just come down to how Chris Ash and Joe Cullen see it I guess. 

Cisco is a bit faster, and he supposedly has a greater wingspan, both of which could lend themselves to the FS spot, but he's in need of development in coverage ability.   How much he's able to develop between now and September will be big. (assuming the knee allows for it) 
Jenkins was labeled a box saftey coming out of school but played FS for the bolts. 

It's also possible you see extra DBs on the field more than we are accustomed. (Daniel Thomas flashing in OTAs) 
While trying to check out Baltimore's scheme I noticed plays where a starting corner and a starting safety were blitzing while two additional safeties dropped deep. If Cullen brings Martindale's tendency to disguise looks and blitz DBs- then interchanging safety roles will be a necessity. 

It's also possible they plan for a rover package for Cisco as he did that at Syracuse. 

Either way - I'm hopeful we won't see one of them just sitting in single-high 70% of the game as we have in recent years.

edit to add an article touching on the bolded bit above - scroll down to the subheading "positionless football" in the article linked below:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-baltimore-r...anges-2019

Expectations. I think Cisco will show little effects of a knee injury and will outshine all others to play the free safety role opposite Jenkins, starting game 1. Moses will not be at 100% and will take on more of a backup role this year to Jack while he continues to fully recover. I think Moses will earn a starting role in 2022.

(06-13-2021, 12:27 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Expectations.   I think Cisco will show little effects of a knee injury and will outshine all others to play the free safety role opposite Jenkins, starting game 1.  Moses will not be at 100% and will take on more of a backup role this year to Jack while he continues to fully recover.  I think Moses will earn a starting role in 2022.

I think moses will be a jar on the shelf this year. Expecting him to end up on IR and come back to compete next year (I hope he proves me wrong).

(06-12-2021, 10:37 PM)Upper Wrote: Not quite fair to have these two in the same conversation. We're counting on Cisco to be our single high safety of the future, while Moses was a UDFA who played like a UDFA last year. If we get anything from Moses we should be counting it as a win.

I don't buy that assessment of Moses. From most predraft rags, they had Moses comp'd going anywhere from the 1st to 3rd round. Sure, injuries robbed him of the 2019 season, but by the end of the 2020 season he was one of the best defensive players on the field. He also played the entire 2020 season on a torn meniscus.

Athlon Sports: 1st/2nd round
Walter Football: 2nd day pick (2nd-3rd)
CNNSI: Late 2nd/early 3rd
NFLMocks: 2nd round

All of these grades are from late March/Early April, right before the draft. Sometimes teams just miss on a player. I think Moses could be something like that. A lot of teams were scared off by medical red flags, but the same caused Myles Jack to fall the 2nd. This time, med issued caused a guy to fall completely out of the draft.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn