Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kadraius Toney...Not so great of a start

(10-15-2021, 10:59 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is "we" lol.  I don't remember anyone wanting a TE at 25, most didn't even want one at 33.  Who is this we you are talking about?  If Toney was available and we took him it would of been far from a crowded WR room.  WR is just as big a need as oline imo.  I think our oline is better than our WR group.  Nobody  said anything about trading up to get Toney, it was about if he was available.  Who did you want?

Sure, we know that WR is a need now, but it wasn't a need at the beginning of the season. As a matter of fact, we were supposed to have an extremely good WR group after grabbing Marvin Jones Jr.
It was a need, we still needed an explosive playmaker.  It's why some wanted Rondale Moore, a few including myself want led Elijah Moore with 25 or 33.  Barmore was the other guy me a lot wanted as well but DE was the biggest need either but we wanted who we felt was the BAP

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-11-2021, 12:50 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: PFT Link

Looks like we lucked out with ETN...

Toney, as noted by Duggan, has had a clunky start to his NFL career. His performances at rookie minicamp became undermined by a cleat issue (he did drills with one bare foot) and a minor injury. Then, he skipped three weeks of OTAs because he didn’t have a contract.
He signed last week and showed up for mandatory minicamp. Via Duggan, Toney slipped multiple times during Tuesday’s practice and left early. He was excused from Thursday’s practice due to a family emergency.
Toney’s skills are unquestionable, but he ultimately didn’t do much to help prepare for his rookie season. Training camp becomes much more important for him than it would have been.

This reminds me of the post from the German dude that stated "this war seems to be going pretty good"

(10-14-2021, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 04:54 PM)Mikey Wrote: We didn't want Toney because we didn't need to further crowd the WR room. We wanted bulk on either side of the line. We wanted someone, anyone at safety. We wanted guys who were going to help speed the transition to a 3-4 D. We wanted a TE who could open the field for our shiny new QB. Heck, we didn't want an RB for many the same reasons. We already had players at that position, positional value was poop at that spot, and we had much greater needs across the roster where luxury picks were going to leave us with a porous D, a destroyed QB, or one-trick offense that would end up on the sidelines more than not.

school didn't mean a flippin thing. he was gone by the time our pick came up. So even if we coveted him over all other players not surnamed Lawrence, you'd be hard pressed without the use of a mirror to find anyone who would have wanted to trade up to get him.

Who is "we" lol.  I don't remember anyone wanting a TE at 25, most didn't even want one at 33.  Who is this we you are talking about?  If Toney was available and we took him it would of been far from a crowded WR room.  WR is just as big a need as oline imo.  I think our oline is better than our WR group.  Nobody  said anything about trading up to get Toney, it was about if he was available.  Who did you want?

So you don't remember the entire threads of people clamoring for Freiermuth?

Dude, I did a ton of stuff I shouldn't have while in college, and my memory isn't /that/ bad.

I wanted help on the lines (OL/DE/DT). I wanted one of the linebackers.  So it's ok for you to generalize and speak on behalf of "people" and not anyone else? Go back and look at the pre-darft threads, there are plenty of people discussing 25 and 33, and not a single one of them was voting against Toney because he was a gator, as you asserted.

If you happen to find one of those posts in your deep dive, I'll gladly rescind my statement to the contrary.