Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bold Predictions?

We will finish top 5 in rushing

We will make a wildcard and be a team nobody wants to play in the playoffs

We have at least 1 Pro Bowler on offense and 1 in defense

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

An epic photo will be shared around the world showing both Meyer and Lawrence with the same shocked, thousand yard stare after two consecutive losses.

Welcome to the NFL, fellas.

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 12:09 PM by Bullseye.)

(06-12-2021, 11:53 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s Clark’s room if he wants it. Urban wants him to add some weight which could slow him down. LS already has the body type Urban wants.

Chark indicated he actually got faster after implementing UM's recommended changes.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/04...rformance/

(06-12-2021, 02:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: 1) Jaguars get their first official tie.
2) Jaguars get their first All Pro on offense since 2011.
3) Jaguars force more than 25 turnovers.
4) Jaguars get a combination of 5 kick/punt return TD's and blocked FG/punts.

Except for the tie, all of these would be great to see.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Bold prediction... MB has complete meltdown by week 5...

Well not that bold I suppose

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 02:43 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-02-2021, 11:38 PM)Kane Wrote: Bold prediction... MB has complete meltdown by week 5...

What do you think the catalyst will be?

I get losing...but what in particular will cause the meltdown?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

(07-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:38 PM)Kane Wrote: Bold prediction... MB has complete meltdown by week 5...

What di you think the catalyst will be?

I get losing..but what in particular will cause the meltdown?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

I can tell you it won't be because of TL.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I boldly hopefull predict pain on the Texans

(07-08-2021, 10:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I boldly hopefull predict pain on the Texans
They might win 2 games. Tops.

They have a bad Oline, Watson may not play, 1 good WR in Cooks and absolute old trash at RB. They are going to be really really bad.

(07-08-2021, 10:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: What di you think the catalyst will be?

I get losing..but what in particular will cause the meltdown?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

I can tell you it won't be because of TL.

I can tell you it shouldn't be because of TL, but I do not underestimate the fans' propensity to be reactionary, panic stricken, or to otherwise have unrealistic expectations.

(07-08-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 10:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I can tell you it won't be because of TL.

I can tell you it shouldn't be because of TL, but I do not underestimate the fans' propensity to be reactionary, panic stricken, or to otherwise have unrealistic expectations.

It really doesn't take much at all.

(07-08-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 10:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I can tell you it won't be because of TL.

You got that right brother. I think Jag Fan will have a little more patience with TL but just a little. Let him throw a pick 6 that leads to a loss after starting 3-4 and a certain segment will be screaming, "BUST" and not the kind they have in Canton.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-18-2021, 01:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 01:44 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Is he eligible for the practice squad?
Can’t risk putting him there and another team snatching him up!

[Image: OIP.I7d8pMUBOPh7Va-_rHTasAHaD0?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-08-2021, 11:45 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I can tell you it shouldn't be because of TL, but I do not underestimate the fans' propensity to be reactionary, panic stricken, or to otherwise have unrealistic expectations.

It really doesn't take much at all.

(07-08-2021, 01:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I can tell you it shouldn't be because of TL, but I do not underestimate the fans' propensity to be reactionary, panic stricken, or to otherwise have unrealistic expectations.

You got that right brother. I think Jag Fan will have a little more patience with TL but just a little. Let him throw a pick 6 that leads to a loss after starting 3-4 and a certain segment will be screaming, "BUST" and not the kind they have in Canton.

Hypothetical: Assume the Jaguars brass, citing examples of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, decides to go more slowly with TL's development and tabs Minshew to open the season over a healthy TL. Or suppose UM is not happy with the OL and decides to start Minshew at least until the OL shows some stability/improvement.

Meltdown or not?

I'm betting absolutely, even though TL would not have thrown a single regular season pass.

(07-08-2021, 03:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:45 AM)scottyg Wrote: It really doesn't take much at all.

(07-08-2021, 01:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You got that right brother. I think Jag Fan will have a little more patience with TL but just a little. Let him throw a pick 6 that leads to a loss after starting 3-4 and a certain segment will be screaming, "BUST" and not the kind they have in Canton.

Hypothetical:  Assume the Jaguars brass, citing examples of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, decides to go more slowly with TL's development and tabs Minshew to open the season over a healthy TL.  Or suppose UM is not happy with the OL and decides to start Minshew at least until the OL shows some stability/improvement.

Meltdown or not?

I'm betting absolutely, even though TL would not have thrown a single regular season pass.
I wouldn’t have a meltdown but I think it would be the absolute worst decision.

The goal is the win games and Minshew does not give the team a better chance at winning than Lawrence.

(07-08-2021, 03:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Hypothetical:  Assume the Jaguars brass, citing examples of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, decides to go more slowly with TL's development and tabs Minshew to open the season over a healthy TL.  Or suppose UM is not happy with the OL and decides to start Minshew at least until the OL shows some stability/improvement.

Meltdown or not?

The goal is the win games and Minshew does not give the team a better chance at winning than Lawrence.
Completely understandable reaction.

But if you expressed that on the board, how would it be distinguished from a meltdown, especially if most other posters express similar sentiments?

Tebow will toss 1 TD this season. Rush for 2 TDs minimum. Catch 1 Redzone TD. He will ascend during a half time performance in week 12 into the clouds and the Sun will pop out with warm rays on the fans.

Jaguars win 8+ games this season.

(07-08-2021, 03:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Hypothetical:  Assume the Jaguars brass, citing examples of Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, decides to go more slowly with TL's development and tabs Minshew to open the season over a healthy TL.  Or suppose UM is not happy with the OL and decides to start Minshew at least until the OL shows some stability/improvement.

Meltdown or not?

If it happened, there would undoubtedly be a meltdown. The idea of not starting a first round draft choice isn't something most people would have patience with. The overriding idea seems to be: if he wasn't ready to start, he shouldn't have been drafted that high. Whether not that's true is debatable.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-08-2021, 03:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I wouldn’t have a meltdown but I think it would be the absolute worst decision.

If it happened, there would undoubtedly be a meltdown. The idea of not starting a first round draft choice isn't something most people would have patience with. The overriding idea seems to be: if he wasn't ready to start, he shouldn't have been drafted that high. Whether not that's true is debatable.

I agree with this.  I mean, we're talking about a guy who is supposed to be the most highly-touted and most pro-ready prospect at his position since Andrew Luck...  If he isn't ready to start on day 1, then I'm certain the consensus will be that something went horribly wrong.

(07-08-2021, 03:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I wouldn’t have a meltdown but I think it would be the absolute worst decision.

While I’m not for starting a rookie just to start them, I really can’t see a scenario where Minshew is better than Lawrence week 1.

Luckily, I don’t think we have to worry about that. Lawrence will be the man week 1, throw for 300 and 3 scores against the poor Texans D while leading the Jags to a week 1 win.

The only thing for sure is someone on this board will meltdown. My bold prediction is it will take at least 3 games.....LOL
A new broom always sweeps clean.