Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Victoria's Secret Does Away With Angels

I gotta say, I've been with skinny, overweight, medium, tall, short, ugly and pretty.. I've been with black, white and mexican. Asain was next on my list until I got married..

The one's with the most drama were the skinny white chicks. They seemed self entitled and self absorbed. Not saying they're all like that, just a personal experience. But I had the most fun with the medium to overweight women. They cut loose dude. They're fun to be around, great personalities and easy going.

I never did watch any of the VS shows.. Too fake.. I'm not going to let MSM tell me what I think is good looking and what isn't. Not from them, no thanks. They're part of Hollywood and that makes them disgusting to me..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-18-2021, 10:31 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What you say is true, but they're making a huge mistake by throwing away what differentiates them from everyone else.  Victoria's Secret's business model was selling things that MEN wanted women to wear.  That's why women bought that stuff.  Now, they're just going to be another underwear company.

I doubt they made this move on a whim. They've no doubt done a lot of study on what women want, and apparently being pleasing to men is a declining area of concern.

While this refocusing may be in part to using models who are more realistic (a trend throughout the retail business), VS is attempting to cater to the woke movement. It's mostly young women who buy their products and they believe this is how a marketable portion of young women think now. 

Sex hasn't changed. Desire and appeal are its driving force. What has changed is VS's perception on how people regard it now. Using models who don't live on cigarettes and salads is fine with me. Modeling butchy athletes and transgenders is where they'll find they're wrong. But of course no one will openly criticize it because the wokesters and their cohorts in the mainstream and social media will persecute them into silence. When they begin putting Rapinoes and Caitlyns in their store windows, sales will drop.

The article says sales were down. What they were doing wasn't working. I tend to think this move will accelerate the downward trend, because other brands are already out there with better bona fides regarding big women and minorities.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-18-2021, 12:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: The article says sales were down.  What they were doing wasn't working.  I tend to think this move will accelerate the downward trend, because other brands are already out there with better bona fides regarding big women and minorities.

minorities? huh?

Their sales are down because the quality is crap now. Underwires shouldn’t poke out after one or two washings.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-18-2021, 02:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Their sales are down because the quality is crap now. Underwires shouldn’t poke out after one or two washings.

Ancient Chinese Secret....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-18-2021, 02:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Their sales are down because the quality is crap now. Underwires shouldn’t poke out after one or two washings.

Queue Mike to tell us why sales are REALLY down, totally discounting the female on the forum whom can vouch for the poor quality of their products first hand.

(06-18-2021, 10:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I gotta say, I've been with skinny, overweight, medium, tall, short, ugly and pretty.. I've been with black, white and mexican. Asain was next on my list until I got married..

The one's with the most drama were the skinny white chicks. They seemed self entitled and self absorbed. Not saying they're all like that, just a personal experience. But I had the most fun with the medium to overweight women. They cut loose dude. They're fun to be around, great personalities and easy going.

I never did watch any of the VS shows.. Too fake.. I'm not going to let MSM tell me what I think is good looking and what isn't. Not from them, no thanks. They're part of Hollywood and that makes them disgusting to me..

I must agree. I’ve been with all types women and I find that the best ones are those with rmeat on their bones. When I only weighed about 125 pounds (l’m 6 foot tall btw), I was with a girl that only go weighed about 95 pounds. Let’s just say that our hip bones clacked together and I was bruised to hell and back…… So….. Fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round…….
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(06-18-2021, 10:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:31 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I doubt they made this move on a whim. They've no doubt done a lot of study on what women want, and apparently being pleasing to men is a declining area of concern.

While this refocusing may be in part to using models who are more realistic (a trend throughout the retail business), VS is attempting to cater to the woke movement. It's mostly young women who buy their products and they believe this is how a marketable portion of young women think now. 

Sex hasn't changed. Desire and appeal are its driving force. What has changed is VS's perception on how people regard it now. Using models who don't live on cigarettes and salads is fine with me. Modeling butchy athletes and transgenders is where they'll find they're wrong. But of course no one will openly criticize it because the wokesters and their cohorts in the mainstream and social media will persecute them into silence. When they begin putting Rapinoes and Caitlyns in their store windows, sales will drop.

I don't think this new campaign/slate of models is really going to boost sales. It sounds like they are trying to sell an ideology instead of clothes that people like and want to buy. And from reading some recent comments of hers Meghan seemed like she was very anti Victoria secret & what she thought their messaging was. I wonder how she is going to be presented in these ads.

(06-18-2021, 03:44 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: While this refocusing may be in part to using models who are more realistic (a trend throughout the retail business), VS is attempting to cater to the woke movement. It's mostly young women who buy their products and they believe this is how a marketable portion of young women think now. 

I don't think this new campaign/slate of models is really going to boost sales. It sounds like they are trying to sell an ideology instead of clothes that people like and want to buy. And from reading some recent comments of hers Meghan seemed like she was very anti Victoria secret & what she thought their messaging was. I wonder how she is going to be presented in these ads.

Like a disgusting, bitter pig that hates men.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Although these women won’t ever admit it, a lot of women like wearing pretty things for their partners. Is everything we wear geared towards that? Hell no! We also dress for other women, because I don’t know any straight men that appreciate my shoe closet and purse collection. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good for yourself, or for someone else. The heifers (male and female)who just think it should be all about ME ME ME 24/7 are what’s wrong with people today any way.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-18-2021, 03:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Although these women won’t ever admit it, a lot of women like wearing pretty things for their partners. Is everything we wear geared towards that? Hell no! We also dress for other women, because I don’t know any straight men that appreciate my shoe closet and purse collection. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good for yourself, or for someone else. The heifers (male and female)who just think it should be all about ME ME ME 24/7 are what’s wrong with people today any way.

This 100% agrees with my experience with women. Thanks for putting it out there.

Haven’t read the whole thread but got the jist of it. The models used in the past, though mega hawt, definitely wasn’t ‘realistic’. It didn’t represent the “normal” woman. Normal women can be and will be just as hot. Whether they wore the sexy lingerie or if it’s on the floor. But if you veer too far off....you lost me.

(06-18-2021, 06:46 PM)Jags Wrote: Haven’t read the whole thread but got the jist  of it.  The models used in the past, though mega hawt, definitely wasn’t ‘realistic’.  It didn’t represent the “normal” woman.  Normal women can be and will be just as hot.  Whether they wore the sexy lingerie or if it’s on the floor.   But if you veer too far off....you lost me.

Fantasy was a big driver of their product.

(06-18-2021, 06:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 06:46 PM)Jags Wrote: Haven’t read the whole thread but got the jist  of it.  The models used in the past, though mega hawt, definitely wasn’t ‘realistic’.  It didn’t represent the “normal” woman.  Normal women can be and will be just as hot.  Whether they wore the sexy lingerie or if it’s on the floor.   But if you veer too far off....you lost me.

Fantasy was a big driver of their product.

No doubt.   I’m just not sure how much fantasizing will be going on about Megan Rapinoe.

(06-18-2021, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 06:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fantasy was a big driver of their product.

No doubt.   I’m just not sure how much fantasizing will be going on about Megan Rapinoe.

Exactly. That is why this is such a bad move. They are now no different than the lingerie department at Target.

(06-18-2021, 07:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: No doubt.   I’m just not sure how much fantasizing will be going on about Megan Rapinoe.

Exactly. That is why this is such a bad move. They are now no different than the lingerie department at Target.
If they switched it to some “normal” standards then I’m sure men and women would be on board and business as usual.  Were  the models hot? Hell yeah! But was it the norm? Hell no.  Put the average hot woman in the same garb and guess what? Mission not only accomplished but perhaps more woman would feel “sexy” enough to buy it. I’d wager about the same amount of men would be digging it as well.  Maybe more.  Some of those girls needed to eat a damn burger.  I just smh over what these businesses and country is doing to appease the few.  I’m sure somewhere there is a minority lesbian that’s handicapped and mentally ill whose had a sex change with a physical deformity living off the government that’s super exited about the way the country is going.  I’m glad they sold her or it a pair of panties that no one wants to see her in.

(06-18-2021, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 12:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: The article says sales were down.  What they were doing wasn't working.  I tend to think this move will accelerate the downward trend, because other brands are already out there with better bona fides regarding big women and minorities.

minorities? huh?

Lesbians and trans are minorities that are now included in their new campaign.  Read the article, it helps.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 08:36 PM by Jags.)

(06-18-2021, 08:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: minorities? huh?

Lesbians and trans are minorities that are now included in their new campaign.  Read the article, it helps.
Heavy women have Torrid.  Perhaps everyone sitting at home not working and living  off the gubment changed how businesses view society.  But I think the businesses are getting way ahead of where we are.  We’re not that fat and lazy to lust after a lesbian man looking women . I suppose you can speak for yourself though.

Serious question Mike.   How big of a dick does a woman have to have before you find her attractive?

(06-18-2021, 08:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: minorities? huh?

The good news for you is you will finally have a catalog you can use in the bathroom.