Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas Governor is a monster

I love my fur babies dearly, but pets are property.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-23-2021, 09:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 01:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. My dogs are too big to take anywhere, but I make sure they are taken care of. They have a big yard, I feed them safe food and I take them to the vet when they are sick or need medical attention. I'm just a typical dog owner who doesn't understand how anyone can veto a bill that says people shouldn't tie up dogs to a short rope or chain and leave them outside 24 hrs a day. How is this unhealthy? I think it makes me human. Maybe you are the one that should look in the mirror and do some self examining. It sounds like you either don't like dogs at all or maybe you are one of these people the law was going to target.

The bill contains no such language.  Perhaps you might try actually reading it.

Try again.....

"State senate bill 474, dubbed the Safe Outdoor Dogs Act, aimed to ban the use of heavy chains to keep dogs tethered."

Please keep your pitbulls chained up thanx

(06-22-2021, 08:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Meh, he vetoed government overreach.

Finally something we agree on. The less government overreach the better.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-24-2021, 08:15 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 08:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Meh, he vetoed government overreach.

Finally something we agree on. The less government overreach the better.

The less government period the better, overreach just rubs salt in that wound.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-24-2021, 09:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 08:15 AM)Dimson Wrote: Finally something we agree on. The less government overreach the better.

The less government period the better, overreach just rubs salt in that wound.

Less government the better, especially federal government.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-23-2021, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 03:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As silly as that response is, the fact is that whatever label you give them they are still property.

Dude, you've lost your marbles.

How so? Both are living creatures that people agree to take care of once they get one (kid or dog.) If dogs are gonna be viewed as property, there needs to be a designation between living property and inanimate property like cars and lawnmowers. I see way too many cases on the news where dogs are mercilessly tortured day in and day out and all the perpetrators get is a slap on the wrist. Society is getting more and more evil and laws need to be created to properly punish those people who need to be separated from the rest of society. Whether it be crimes against dogs or humans, punishments need to be much harsher.

(06-23-2021, 05:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Dude, you are insane.  Seriously, you might want to seek mental help.

If I owned horses (living creatures with feelings) are they property?  I don't know if you know it or not, but horses have "personalities" and pretty much act like "big dogs" when it comes to their owners.

What about the cows that graze my land (owned by someone else) are they property?  The cows are living creatures with feelings and have gotten used to me enough to where they will come right up to me when I go into the pasture.  I haven't chosen yet, but part of my lease agreement with my "neighbor" who owns them (they are his property) is that I get the meat from one of them when they are ready to slaughter.

So what makes a dog different from a horse or a cow (or any other animal for that matter)?

For the record, my children were my "property" up until they reached the age of 18.

There is a major difference between livestock and companion animals. Livestock are used for food and companion animals are not. 

I know many people that would disagree with children being referred to as property.

(06-23-2021, 05:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Dogs Lives Matter.

They do and so does The O-Line.

Animals most certainly are property. Throughout history and even present today, animals have had markings used to identify ownership. In the "Old West" they branded cattle and horses with the owners mark. Today for live stock you purchase, you receive basically a title for them describing natural marks specific to each animal.

You have to buy a license for your dog and the license certificate you receive names you as owner of the dog you are licensing. When you go to the vet, they ask for owners name, they also ask in court if you own an animal if you are there under an animal charge.

What do you say when people ask you if thats your dog? Do you say yes thats my dog? If you say yes, you just claimed ownership. When you get a dog do say, hey check out my new puppy aint he cute? If so, you claimed ownership. When you say thats my dog, you claimed ownership.