Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
'We all quit! Sorry for the inconvenience'

'We all quit! Sorry for the inconvenience': Nebraska Burger King staff announce their en masse resignation on branch's own ad sign 
  • A photo of a Nebraska Burger King has gone viral on social media, after the staff put up a sign reading:  'We all quit. Sorry for the inconvenience'
  • Employees said the Lincoln franchise had been understaffed for months, as they have had to work 60 hour weeks without air conditioning
  • At one point, General Manager Rachael Flores said she was hospitalized with dehydration from the poor working conditions
  • She put in her two-weeks notice earlier this month, and eight other employees soon followed suit
  • They put up the sign as a 'joke' and to warn customers not to come, not expecting the sign to garner as much attention as it did
  • The viral walk-out comes as more workers are looking for higher-paying jobs
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...SN2ULSWSNs
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I get it but why are you complaining about the company? The company can't make people work that job. You have too many people using part-time work as their career and expecting to be paid like a career. It's one thing if you are working your way up the company, there is nothing wrong doing that in fast food but most of these people aren't. It was already hard enough to find people that wanted to work before the handouts increased, now it is impossible. Even Chick-fil-a is having trouble finding people.

There are signs everywhere, people paying out signing bonuses, etc. When are people going to realize you need to take away the handouts to force people to work.

(07-13-2021, 10:53 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I get it but why are you complaining about the company? The company can't make people work that job. You have too many people using part-time work as their career and expecting to be paid like a career. It's one thing if you are working your way up the company, there is nothing wrong doing that in fast food but most of these people aren't. It was already hard enough to find people that wanted to work before the handouts increased, now it is impossible. Even Chick-fil-a is having trouble finding people.

There are signs everywhere, people paying out signing bonuses, etc. When are people going to realize you need to take away the handouts to force people to work.

How about they stop offering crap pay?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-13-2021, 03:39 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 10:53 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I get it but why are you complaining about the company? The company can't make people work that job. You have too many people using part-time work as their career and expecting to be paid like a career. It's one thing if you are working your way up the company, there is nothing wrong doing that in fast food but most of these people aren't. It was already hard enough to find people that wanted to work before the handouts increased, now it is impossible. Even Chick-fil-a is having trouble finding people.

Fast food, retail, restaurant and hospitality, and other entry level jobs aren't meant to be careers. They're there to introduce teens into the workplace and give college students money for expenses, or give a retiree something to do. If you want a good paying job that supports you and your family you go to college or trade school and get educated. Or you go into the Armed forces and they'll not only employ and teach you, but will also help pay for higher education. 

Should some of these pay better? If the minimum wage is still what it was 20 years ago then, yes, it should for the simple fact that gas, insurance and general maintenance on a car costs more than it did. But $15/hour for Burger King is not the answer. People keep looking at the wrong things when pointing the finger at these issues.

Because it's such a highly skilled position...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-13-2021, 04:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 03:39 PM)Dimson Wrote: How about they stop offering crap pay?

Because it's such a highly skilled position...

You know what's sad about this? There's a vast amount of information on the internet that someone could obtain for free. They could take free online courses to improve their career skill sets to put down on a resume to help land that much better job.. Instead, they would rather keep their zombie faces fixated on their phone screens to make tick tocks and fight on facebook.. Ya know, the important stuff..

But whatever..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I’m guessing you work for them or a competitor.  Then I’m going to guess you’re about to tell me you make six figures doing tech [BLEEP] or something that involves sipping a latte at a Starbucks bistro set with your laptop/tablet overlooking your Subaru in the parking lot.  Skinny jeans/man bun in tow, of course.

(07-13-2021, 04:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Fast food, retail, restaurant and hospitality, and other entry level jobs aren't meant to be careers. They're there to introduce teens into the workplace and give college students money for expenses, or give a retiree something to do. If you want a good paying job that supports you and your family you go to college or trade school and get educated. Or you go into the Armed forces and they'll not only employ and teach you, but will also help pay for higher education. 

Should some of these pay better? If the minimum wage is still what it was 20 years ago then, yes, it should for the simple fact that gas, insurance and general maintenance on a car costs more than it did. But $15/hour for Burger King is not the answer. People keep looking at the wrong things when pointing the finger at these issues.

Buc'ees has great starting pay and I wouldn't say it takes a great amount of skill to work there. I never said pay better and don't expect better results. Pay better and you will attract better people who in theory will do a better job. $13 for manager pay at McDonalds is terrible and quite honestly insulting and definitely not entry level.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

$15/hour gets you this
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iqinteractive.ca%2Fu...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-14-2021, 11:58 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: $15/hour gets you this
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iqinteractive.ca%2Fu...f=1&nofb=1]

And that is much more reliable.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Yep

It’s fast food! How much should you pay someone to screw up my order?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-15-2021, 06:48 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

It’s fast food! How much should you pay someone to screw up my order?

Good news! burger bots will be able to screw up your order for much less overhead! @Surely the franchise owners will pass the savings along to the customer@

(07-16-2021, 08:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 06:48 PM)EricC85 Wrote: It’s fast food! How much should you pay someone to screw up my order?

Good news! burger bots will be able to screw up your order for much less overhead! @Surely the franchise owners will pass the savings along to the customer@

Burger bots… you may be on to something.  We’re talking like a Ford assembly line of burger making not just the kiosk, right?  If that’s the case, and they started using meat in their ingredients, I think I may just have to try it again.  I’ve got BP medicine now.  I can do whatever I want!!!!  (That’s not how it works is it?)

(07-16-2021, 09:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 08:41 AM)Mikey Wrote: Good news! burger bots will be able to screw up your order for much less overhead! @Surely the franchise owners will pass the savings along to the customer@

Burger bots… you may be on to something.  We’re talking like a Ford assembly line of burger making not just the kiosk, right?  If that’s the case, and they started using meat in their ingredients, I think I may just have to try it again.  I’ve got BP medicine now.  I can do whatever I want!!!!  (That’s not how it works is it?)

They exist. You order on an app, and the app tells the machine which toppings to dispense.

apparently an entire restaurant built around this monstrosity. I would never, ever frequent it.

(07-19-2021, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 09:54 PM)Jags Wrote: Burger bots… you may be on to something.  We’re talking like a Ford assembly line of burger making not just the kiosk, right?  If that’s the case, and they started using meat in their ingredients, I think I may just have to try it again.  I’ve got BP medicine now.  I can do whatever I want!!!!  (That’s not how it works is it?)

They exist. You order on an app, and the app tells the machine which toppings to dispense.

apparently an entire restaurant built around this monstrosity. I would never, ever frequent it.

What? Why ever not? Think about how many fewer boogers, chest hairs, and [BLEEP] crack schmutz you'll get in your food this way!

Plus I can't imagine the incredible utility of one of these made to be a bartender!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 01:56 PM by homebiscuit.)

RoboBurger (theroboburger.com)

Pretty soon they'll have robot restockers for the machines. 

Better learn to code, bro.

White Castle is testing a burger-grilling robot named Flippy - CNN

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfron...f=1&nofb=1]

(07-19-2021, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: They exist. You order on an app, and the app tells the machine which toppings to dispense.

What? Why ever not? Think about how many fewer boogers, chest hairs, and [BLEEP] crack schmutz you'll get in your food this way!

Plus I can't imagine the incredible utility of one of these made to be a bartender!

Is this the new Terminator storyline?

Skynet takes over all the fast-food robots, forcing them to put arsenic in our super-important drive through food points..... and the world ends with a whimper. You don't even have to rebuild anything!

(07-19-2021, 02:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What? Why ever not? Think about how many fewer boogers, chest hairs, and [BLEEP] crack schmutz you'll get in your food this way!

Is this the new Terminator storyline?

Skynet takes over all the fast-food robots, forcing them to put arsenic in our super-important drive through food points..... and the world ends with a whimper. You don't even have to rebuild anything!

"Dave...just what do you think are you doing Dave? Why aren't you eating the mayo Dave?"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato