Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London Game Tickets Not Yet For Sale

Interesting to note, when I bought my season tickets, they included the Dolphins game in Jacksonville.   That game is supposed to be played in London, and season ticket buyers would get a refund for that one game if it is not played in Jacksonville.  So far, the tickets to that game, in London, are not on sale.  And the pandemic is (reportedly) getting worse in the UK.  

So I guess there's still a chance it gets played in Jacksonville.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-18-2021, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting to note, when I bought my season tickets, they included the Dolphins game in Jacksonville.   That game is supposed to be played in London, and season ticket buyers would get a refund for that one game if it is not played in Jacksonville.  So far, the tickets to that game, in London, are not on sale.  And the pandemic is (reportedly) getting worse in the UK.  

It sucks we have a deadly pandemic that continues to rage around the world.  While Jaguars fans possibly reap the benefit of the team playing another complete home schedule without losing a game to London, it is of scant consolation for the deaths resulting from the pandemic.

Hopefully it will be controlled and eradicated soon.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-18-2021, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting to note, when I bought my season tickets, they included the Dolphins game in Jacksonville.   That game is supposed to be played in London, and season ticket buyers would get a refund for that one game if it is not played in Jacksonville.  So far, the tickets to that game, in London, are not on sale.  And the pandemic is (reportedly) getting worse in the UK.  

The NFL have put themselves in a real difficult situation with the London games. Our deal with games at Wembley ended after 2019 i think and Khan was taking about renewing the deal but nothing was agreed. They play games at 2 stadiums in London. Wembley and Tottenham Hotspur's stadium. They sell season tickets for each stadium so say there are 4 games in total, 2 at each stadium, you can buy 2 season tickets to watch all 4 games. A number of fans renew their season tickets for each before games are announced as they like watching NFL games.

They problem they have is they charged fans for season tickets for 2020, those games never happened and they rolled them over for 2021, however there are only 2 games this year, both at Tottenham Hotspur's stadium. They seem to be stuck now how to fit all the season ticket holders into one stadium and offer single game tickets. 

They announced games months ago and have a page where you can register your interest for tickets but there has been zero information since. They usually start selling tickets from January as it takes around 6-7 months to sell out.

They covid numbers are skyrocketing right now but we are also removing all covid rules from tomorrow( no masks, no social distancing, only have to isolate with a positive test) so its going to be interesting. Think we will be in lockdown by October so wouldnt be surprised if the game does happen in Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 07:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The Miami game isn't in our 9 home game season ticket plan.  We essentially have 1 preseason home + 8 home regular season games, with the 9th home regular season game in London.

In any event, the Premier League (English Soccer) starts mid-August so we'll get a pretty good idea if they are going to allow full attendance or not.

(07-18-2021, 06:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

The NFL have put themselves in a real difficult situation with the London games. Our deal with games at Wembley ended after 2019 i think and Khan was taking about renewing the deal but nothing was agreed. They play games at 2 stadiums in London. Wembley and Tottenham Hotspur's stadium. They sell season tickets for each stadium so say there are 4 games in total, 2 at each stadium, you can buy 2 season tickets to watch all 4 games. A number of fans renew their season tickets for each before games are announced as they like watching NFL games.

They problem they have is they charged fans for season tickets for 2020, those games never happened and they rolled them over for 2021, however there are only 2 games this year, both at Tottenham Hotspur's stadium. They seem to be stuck now how to fit all the season ticket holders into one stadium and offer single game tickets. 

They announced games months ago and have a page where you can register your interest for tickets but there has been zero information since. They usually start selling tickets from January as it takes around 6-7 months to sell out.

They covid numbers are skyrocketing right now but we are also removing all covid rules from tomorrow( no masks, no social distancing, only have to isolate with a positive test) so its going to be interesting. Think we will be in lockdown by October so wouldnt be surprised if the game does happen in Jacksonville.
That's not the issue right now. You can't come back into the US without staying in basically Mexico for 2 weeks right now. UK also has some similar rules but not sure if they are as strict.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 06:31 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: The NFL have put themselves in a real difficult situation with the London games. Our deal with games at Wembley ended after 2019 i think and Khan was taking about renewing the deal but nothing was agreed. They play games at 2 stadiums in London. Wembley and Tottenham Hotspur's stadium. They sell season tickets for each stadium so say there are 4 games in total, 2 at each stadium, you can buy 2 season tickets to watch all 4 games. A number of fans renew their season tickets for each before games are announced as they like watching NFL games.

That's not the issue right now. You can't come back into the US without staying in basically Mexico for 2 weeks right now. UK also has some similar rules but not sure if they are as strict.

I think the new rules in the UK are if you've had both vaccine jabs you dont have to isolate but think going from UK to US its still a 10day/2 week isolation which will cause problems

(07-19-2021, 08:37 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That's not the issue right now. You can't come back into the US without staying in basically Mexico for 2 weeks right now. UK also has some similar rules but not sure if they are as strict.

I think the new rules in the UK are if you've had both vaccine jabs you dont have to isolate but think going from UK to US its still a 10day/2 week isolation which will cause problems
The vaccine issue would stop some teams from being able to play. Then the NFL would need approval to override the rule for entering the country both countries, which would be a PR nightmare.

It should hopefully end the London experiment but I'm sure the NFL will still try to make it happen.

(07-19-2021, 08:37 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That's not the issue right now. You can't come back into the US without staying in basically Mexico for 2 weeks right now. UK also has some similar rules but not sure if they are as strict.

That would make it impossible if the team cannot even practice together or have meetings for 10 days after re-entering the country.

(07-19-2021, 01:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 08:37 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I think the new rules in the UK are if you've had both vaccine jabs you dont have to isolate but think going from UK to US its still a 10day/2 week isolation which will cause problems

That would make it impossible if the team cannot even practice together or have meetings for 10 days after re-entering the country.

Exceptions can be made. The Euros were held with a lot of foreign teams coming to the UK without problems.

(07-19-2021, 01:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 08:37 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I think the new rules in the UK are if you've had both vaccine jabs you dont have to isolate but think going from UK to US its still a 10day/2 week isolation which will cause problems

You can't enter the country, not you have to quarantine post entry. Maybe that is only for non-citizens but I know green card holders cannot even enter if they were in the UK in the past 14 days prior to entering the US.

(07-19-2021, 01:10 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 01:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: That would make it impossible if the team cannot even practice together or have meetings for 10 days after re-entering the country.

Exceptions can be made. The Euros were held with a lot of foreign teams coming to the UK without problems.

Euros were with other European countries and it was the 2nd largest comp. They probably won't care too much for the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(07-19-2021, 01:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote: You can't enter the country, not you have to quarantine post entry. Maybe that is only for non-citizens but I know green card holders cannot even enter if they were in the UK in the past 14 days prior to entering the US.

AFAIK, it's green card holders and similar that need to travel via Mexico to get in.

Americans on the other hand seem to need to quarantine in the UK, but I'm not sure I read the rules correctly.

I don't see how they could manage to have games in London this season unless countries are opening up very soon.