Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Olympics 2021

How come none of caleb dressels family and friends not wearing masks back in Orlando. We are doomed

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-30-2021, 09:40 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How come none of caleb dressels family and friends not wearing masks back in Orlando.  We are doomed

I think you should take a grammar course before you try to be a smart [BLEEP].
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

US women's soccer team loses to Canada.

I have to admit, I do not root for the US women's soccer team. I find them very irritating.

To hell with Simone Biles.. Caleb Dressel just won his 5th gold medal..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-02-2021, 06:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: US women's soccer team loses to Canada. 

I have to admit, I do not root for the US women's soccer team.  I find them very irritating.

I can’t believe the Canadians weren’t intimidated by Megan Rapinoe’s greasy purple boy hair.

I was very sad to see the women's soccer team lose. Wonder if they will still be invited to the White House to show off their bronze.

Laurel Hubbard makes Olympics history but fails in medal bid | Fox News

New Zealand weightlifter Laurel Hubbard made history on Monday as the first transgender athlete to compete at the Olympics but failed at her attempt to make the medal stand.

Hubbard failed to register a lift in the snatch in the 87-kilogram category.

*snicker*

(08-02-2021, 12:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Laurel Hubbard makes Olympics history but fails in medal bid | Fox News

New Zealand weightlifter Laurel Hubbard made history on Monday as the first transgender athlete to compete at the Olympics but failed at her attempt to make the medal stand.

Hubbard failed to register a lift in the snatch in the 87-kilogram category.

*snicker*

He's a dude, so it makes sense that he couldn't lift his snatch...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 06:17 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Simone wins bronze on the balance beam..

The media still calling her the goat?

Edit: she got that ringing endorsement by Michelle Obama.. I wonder why?

/sarcasm

The hate for Simone Biles needs to stop. If she was a quitter she wouldn't win all the events she wins and she wouldn't have all the medals she has. She is clearly going through something right now mentally that is causing her to not perform at her best. In her sport, if you do not perform at your best you could get seriously injured or possibly even die. I don't see none of you guys talking about the Joker who lost and took his racket and went home, bailing on his mixed doubles partner. He quit too but nah, that doesn't push your agenda of calling Simon a quitter. Let's just ignore all the great she has done for the sport or the fact she is one of the people who exposed the rapey team doctor who molested and raped girls for years and the US Gymnastics Committee just ignored that. Let's just forget about that because Simon backed out for not only her own good but for the good of the team. You guys are pathetic.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-03-2021, 08:29 AM)Dimson Wrote: The hate for Simone Biles needs to stop. If she was a quitter she wouldn't win all the events she wins and she wouldn't have all the medals she has. She is clearly going through something right now mentally that is causing her to not perform at her best. In her sport, if you do not perform at your best you could get seriously injured or possibly even die. I don't see none of you guys talking about the Joker who lost and took his racket and went home, bailing on his mixed doubles partner. He quit too but nah, that doesn't push your agenda of calling Simon a quitter. Let's just ignore all the great she has done for the sport or the fact she is one of the people who exposed the rapey team doctor who molested and raped girls for years and the US Gymnastics Committee just ignored that. Let's just forget about that because Simon backed out for not only her own good but for the good of the team. You guys are pathetic.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall every mention of Joke being prefaced with "Goat". Once that happens (and you publicly embrace it as Biles did) then your failure is almost guaranteed for the Gods are finicky and pride goeth before the fall

(08-03-2021, 08:29 AM)Dimson Wrote: The hate for Simone Biles needs to stop. If she was a quitter she wouldn't win all the events she wins and she wouldn't have all the medals she has. She is clearly going through something right now mentally that is causing her to not perform at her best. In her sport, if you do not perform at your best you could get seriously injured or possibly even die. I don't see none of you guys talking about the Joker who lost and took his racket and went home, bailing on his mixed doubles partner. He quit too but nah, that doesn't push your agenda of calling Simon a quitter. Let's just ignore all the great she has done for the sport or the fact she is one of the people who exposed the rapey team doctor who molested and raped girls for years and the US Gymnastics Committee just ignored that. Let's just forget about that because Simon backed out for not only her own good but for the good of the team. You guys are pathetic.

lolol way to embrace The Quit lolol

(08-03-2021, 09:10 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

lolol way to embrace The Quit lolol

You are just a troll.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 09:14 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2021, 09:11 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 09:10 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: lolol way to embrace The Quit lolol

You are just a troll.

And you're blind..

You're the Simone Biles version of the 'Leave Brittany Alone' guy.. Go shed some tears and post it on youtube for us.

Looks like that America hating hammer thrower got 11th place. Lol.

(08-03-2021, 09:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Looks like that America hating hammer thrower got 11th place. Lol.

Puts a smile on my face  Smile

Communists don't deserve to represent our great country, let alone win a medal for it..

There's no hate for Simone Biles. Quit being so dramatic. 

However, I will adjust my earlier comments concerning her reasons for dropping out. It was originally stated she dropped out because of pressure and anxiety, but now she explains it was because of "the twisties" - a spatial perception problem when performing midair twists. Given that is the case then she really had no choice but to step out in order to avoid serious injury. She even modified her beam routine to avoid a twist in the dismount. 

I stand corrected.

(08-03-2021, 10:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

There's no hate for Simone Biles. Quit being so dramatic. 

However, I will adjust my earlier comments concerning her reasons for dropping out. It was originally stated she dropped out because of pressure and anxiety, but now she explains it was because of "the twisties" - a spatial perception problem when performing midair twists. Given that is the case then she really had no choice but to step out in order to avoid serious injury. She even modified her beam routine to avoid a twist in the dismount. 

I stand corrected.

The Twisties is a results of pressure and anxiety, so it's the same thing with a new name.

(08-01-2021, 08:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 09:40 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: How come none of caleb dressels family and friends not wearing masks back in Orlando.  We are doomed

I think you should take a grammar course before you try to be a smart [BLEEP].

verbs are overrated.

Try not to let these idiots get to you. The reality is that the majority are racists who hate people belonging to any minority, especially if they are successful in life. These are primarily people who were targeted by Trump prior to his victory in 2016. He knew that he would be able to get the support of these angry people who blame the government for all their failures in life. He was very effective using this strategy just like other sociopathic cult leaders in our history. Sadly, his victory cost many people their lives from covid and lead to the worst divisiveness our country has seen in a very long time.

I know several people who voted for Trump in 2016, but admitted their mistake and supported Biden in 2020. These are not the same people I am referring to above. They are good people who were hoping that electing an outsider would get rid of the corruption in government. Those who strongly supported Trump again in 2020 and continue to support him now are not worth getting upset over. Sadly, some of these people are avid "contributors" to this forum.

I am a big fan of the Duval Pride forum. I really enjoy the takes of several contributors who are very knowledgeable and passionate about the Jaguars. Admittedly, I occasionally make the mistake of going to the political forum; this is kind of like briefly slowing down at the scene of a terrible car accident due to curiosity. Nothing good comes of it. 

Simone Biles had every reason to pull out of the team competition due to the "twisties" condition she developed. No doubt that the timing of it looked bad since she dropped out following a poor vault. My guess is that she wanted to give this vault a try to see if she somehow was able to conquer this dangerous mental condition. Since she clearly was not over it, she immediately withdrew from this team competition. Biles decided to do the beam since it is not nearly as dangerous for someone with the "twisties." It still took a lot of courage for her to compete on this event due to not being close to 100% mentally. Those who mock her on this forum simply " do not have a clue." They are incapable of empathy, especially towards someone belonging to a minority group. Despite dropping out of the team competition and "only" winning bronze on the beam, Biles is clearly the greatest female gymnast of all time. She accomplished things that experts didn't believe possible and that can never be taken away from her. To those who believe (and hope) she will lose current endorsements, you are very mistaken. If anything, she will receive more due to her courageousness throughout this entire process. In addition, it has brought to light "again" the importance of addressing mental health in our country. This epidemic is much more serious than how it effects the physical performance of great athletes. Athletes like Biles and Michael Phelps, to name a few, will ultimately be admired most for their contributions to improving the mental health epidemic in our society and not for their amazing athletic feats.