Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quentin Nelson Out Too

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...son-wentz/

Apparently has a similar injury with a similar surgery to treat it as Wentz, with the same range of recovery time of 5-12 weeks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow

I never wish injury on our rivals, but things are looking rough for the colts' September/October and I'm totally fine with less competition in the division for our rebuilding Jags.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ff...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

If they are both out only five weeks, they may be able to play opening week. If they are out for the 12 weeks,they should return midseason.

This bodes well for us and everyone else in the division. The Colts were already shaky on the O-Line with LT Fisher presumably missing the first part of the season with the ACL injury he suffered in the playoffs. With Nelson now out for a while at LG and QB Wentz out, I just don't see them having much success on the offensive side of the football. If I were an opposing coach, I'd stack the box to stop Jonathan Taylor and make Jacob Eason beat us through the air. I was never a fan of Eason and unless he has gotten A LOT better, I think he's gonna flop. It should be a rough start to the season for the Colts.

Sucks for the players, and I hope they fully recover with all due speed.

...but it's nice to know teams not named "Jaguars" get OL problems too.

(08-03-2021, 12:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...son-wentz/

Apparently has a similar injury with a similar surgery to treat it as Wentz, with the same range of recovery time of 5-12 weeks.

Let's trade them AJ Cann and start Bartch or slide Cam Robinson there.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 10:33 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-03-2021, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This bodes well for us and everyone else in the division. The Colts were already shaky on the O-Line with LT Fisher presumably missing the first part of the season with the ACL injury he suffered in the playoffs. With Nelson now out for a while at LG and QB Wentz out, I just don't see them having much success on the offensive side of the football. If I were an opposing coach, I'd stack the box to stop Jonathan Taylor and make Jacob Eason beat us through the air. I was never a fan of Eason and unless he has gotten A LOT better, I think he's gonna flop. It should be a rough start to the season for the Colts.

Assuming both Nelson and Wentz are out closer to the 12 weeks than the 5, they could struggle a lot this year and it could very easily play out the way you describe it.  If they are out until midseason-Especially Nelson-I can't see the Colts being any good.  If nelson plays but not Wentz, at least the Colts can hang around running the ball and playing good defense.  Without Nelson, and with Fisher being an unknown, I don't see success offensively, either.  They have a good-not great defense.  Rock Ya Sin has struggled thus far in camp at CB.  Maybe they improve if Kwity Paye is a dominant edge rusher.  Otherwise I think they drop off because the offense falls off.  

Of course, the Colts could end up lucking out and neither will miss more than 5 weeks, which  should put them back in the lineup around week 1 or 2.  But even if it works out this way for the Colts still have questions at LT, QB, and CB at least.

(08-03-2021, 08:39 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Sucks for the players, and I hope they fully recover with all due speed.

...but it's nice to know teams not named "Jaguars" get OL problems too.

It does suck for the players, and I hope they take all the time they need...the full 12 weeks.

No need for them to rush themselves back, after all.

Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 10:41 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2021, 08:43 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 12:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...son-wentz/

Let's trade them AJ Cann and start Bartch or slide Cam Robinson there.

Nope on three counts.

1.  I don't want to trade within the division.  Cann has extensive knowledge of our schemes.  I don't want to do anything that would give the Colts any kind of edge or minimize their suffering. Say what you winn about Cann, but he's an experienced starter along the OL and has proven relatively durable. Let Indy experiment with unproven players along the OL.

2.  It's okay for us to accumulate talent.  It's okay for us to have versatility and depth.  Trading Cann away works against that concept.

3.  I am not sold on Bartch yet, nor am I certain Cam Robinson can be an effective guard.  Despite his build, power doesn't seem to be Cam Robinson's game.  You don't see him bury opposing DEs which tend to be smaller. He seems more of a wall off/position type blocker in the run game.  I can't see him having too much success against much larger DTs.

(08-03-2021, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This bodes well for us and everyone else in the division. The Colts were already shaky on the O-Line with LT Fisher presumably missing the first part of the season with the ACL injury he suffered in the playoffs. With Nelson now out for a while at LG and QB Wentz out, I just don't see them having much success on the offensive side of the football. If I were an opposing coach, I'd stack the box to stop Jonathan Taylor and make Jacob Eason beat us through the air. I was never a fan of Eason and unless he has gotten A LOT better, I think he's gonna flop. It should be a rough start to the season for the Colts.

...how bad is it that the first thing I thought when I heard Nelson's news was "Who are they gonna suck for this time?"

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 12:18 PM by Bullseye.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20.../#comments

(08-04-2021, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:

...how bad is it that the first thing I thought when I heard Nelson's news was "Who are they gonna suck for this time?"
Laughing

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2021, 09:03 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ff...f=1&nofb=1]

Are we allowed to do the Shoes Down symbol -- I know the Big 12 banned the Horns Down gestures .... LOL

Are we allowed to do the Shoes Down symbol -- I know the Big 12 banned the Horns Down gestures .... LOL

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2021, 02:18 PM by WhyWouldYouPostThat.)

(08-05-2021, 09:02 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ff...f=1&nofb=1]

That and the WFT said no more native American style face paint and head pieces too...

The league loosing fans hella fast

The left side of the clots line is a mess without him. Lets hope he misses at least five weeks.

(08-06-2021, 07:49 PM)zrex2195 Wrote: The left side of the clots line is a mess without him. Lets hope he misses at least five weeks.

Regular season games, anyway.  Just a plain five weeks might have him back by week 1.