Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen and Buffalo agreed to 6 yrs/ $258 Million

WOW!!!

I remember when $100 million was a crazy number.

Lawrence will probably garner $300 million in 4 or 5 years. It’s truly a QB driven league. If the truth be known, with all the money an elite QB can make a franchise owner, it’s a wonder their not paying elite players billions. 

Wow

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mahomes was i believe 10 yrs for 500 million. Thats half a billion. Sure why not just pay em all a billion a year. No biggie.

As long as you dont mind paying ridiculous prices for your seat and enjoy that 50 dollar hot dog and a few more ads on the big screen. Speaking of enjoy that tv broadcast they might even show a few minutes of football in that 3 hour long commercial.

Inflation is real.

Every year the league has 3 to 5 "elite" QBs and around 8 or so more "franchise" QBs.
Then you've got 19 or so teams that would kill to have any of those guys. So when you find one that fits in either category nowadays, you pay handsomely to keep him.

Also, for all you clowns who prematurely wrote off Josh Allen :

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's illegal so it doesn't matter, but I was pondering what the contract would have had to be to get Tlaw to sign basically a career contract from day 1. If we were able to offer him say a 20 year 600M deal right away. That would have been fun and potentially win/win.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 12:24 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-07-2021, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Inflation is real.

Every year the league has 3 to 5 "elite" QBs and around 8 or so more "franchise" QBs.
Then you've got 19 or so teams that would kill to have any of those guys. So when you find one that fits in either category nowadays, you pay handsomely to keep him.

Also, for all you clowns who prematurely wrote off Josh Allen :

[Image: giphy.gif]

I have to admit to being in that camp. His development was slower than what we've come to expect from a high pick franchise QB, but he's definitely in stride now. Good for him. Hopefully the big payday doesn't affect his attitude.

(08-07-2021, 12:10 PM)Upper Wrote: It's illegal so it doesn't matter, but I was pondering what the contract would have had to be to get Tlaw to sign basically a career contract from day 1. If we were able to offer him say a 20 year 600M deal right away. That would have been fun and potentially win/win.

It seems unlikely, but let's wait a couple of seasons to make sure he doesn't go RG3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chump change...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

idk Is he really worth that or just more of the times of qb salary.
No Fun

(08-07-2021, 10:07 PM)nhiverson Wrote: idk Is he really worth that or just more of the times of qb salary.

I would say both.

He got what the market would bear for his services.

Mahomes signed his deal.  While Allen hasn't won a Super Bowl, he is currently one of the best QBs in the AFC.

Buffalo, being part of the market, had to pay market rates to keep their QB from reaching the open market.

Be prepared, Jaguars fans.  If Trevor Lawrence is what we think he is, this sort of deal should be on the horizon.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!