Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential Landing Spots for Michael Thomas

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/insid...ff-injury/

I know many here would be opposed to a deal for him, but at least this guy sees us as the most likely destination should Thomas be traded.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZ87-JDhgA

Some are saying he might be a risk due to character/morale issues.

But I say with a guy like this, you gotta take the risk. This would make our team insanely better

(08-11-2021, 09:59 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Some are saying he might be a risk due to character/morale issues.

But I say with a guy like this, you gotta take the risk. This would make our team insanely better

Agreed.  He is still young enough to take a chance.  He plays a position of relative strength, and trading for h would mean letting go a younger cheaper guy who could develop into a productive receiver.  To a large degree, he is redundant with the Marvin Jones signing   I don't see him as the deep threat Chark is, and I wouldn't include Chark in any deal for him, but he is good enough.

Nevertheless, he has been quite productive and consistent.

We could use a guy like that for TL.

(08-11-2021, 12:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 09:59 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Some are saying he might be a risk due to character/morale issues.

Agreed.  He is still young enough to take a chance.  He plays a position of relative strength, and trading for h would mean letting go a younger cheaper guy who could develop into a productive receiver.  To a large degree, he is redundant with the Marvin Jones signing   I don't see him as the deep threat Chark is, and I wouldn't include Chark in any deal for him, but he is good enough.

Nevertheless, he has been quite productive and consistent.

We could use a guy like that for TL.

Chark needs a new contract. Might be tough to have Jones, Thomas, and Chark taking up so much cap at one position.

I hate this idea. I really like our current, young receivers. They can grow with Trevor Lawrence and develop chemistry. IMO, WR is one of our strongest positions. We also now have a QB that we all expect is gonna command a massive contract in the next 3-4 years. Why bring in a very expensive WR with injury issues and character red flags who is gonna cost us high draft picks? We don't even know what kind of WR he will be now that he doesn't have perennial HOF QB Drew Brees throwing him the ball.I'll take a HARD pass on Thomas.

He's a hell of a talent... I just don't know what I'd be okay giving up for a guy who probably doesn't play the first half of the year.
I'm not worried about his perceived character issues... The Saints totally mishandled his situation last year and Peyton comes off as a [BLEEP] coach.

But our WR room is fairly solid, not that Thomas wouldn't make us better but, what guy do we give up on to make room? Don't re sign Chark? Cut Collin Johnson? Cut Treadwell or Agnew who have been shining in camp so far?

If the price was right I'd take the chance though probably.
Can they throw in a tight end for us to sweeten the deal? Hahaha.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 10:17 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-11-2021, 08:38 PM)Kane Wrote: He's a hell of a talent... I just don't know what I'd be okay giving up for a guy who probably doesn't play the first half of the year.
I'm not worried about his perceived character issues... The Saints totally mishandled his situation last year and Peyton comes off as a [BLEEP] coach.

But our WR room is fairly solid, not that Thomas wouldn't make us better but, what guy do we give up on to make room? Don't re sign Chark? Cut Collin Johnson? Cut Treadwell or Agnew who have been shining in camp so far?

If the price was right I'd take the chance though probably.
Can they throw in a tight end for us to sweeten the deal? Hahaha.

Agnew isn't going anywhere, he's a lock to make this roster imo. He'll be the #1 kick/punt return guy and has the ability to play WR if needed.

Chark, Shenault, Jones and Agnew(again because of his return ability mostly) are locks. That leaves 2, possibly 3 spots (if they keep 7) at WR. I'll be disappointed if Johnson and Camp aren't the last 2 WRs who make this squad. Camp wont last on the Practice Squad. I have no doubt he'll get yoinked if we try and stash him there. 

Camp has the H/W/S you want to try and develop. From all reports, hes been pretty impressive in training camp. Getting constant separation with ease. He's a little raw and needs some time, but he shouldn't be forced into action this season as he'd be the 5th WR behind Chark, Shenault, Jones and Johnson.

Johnson is the big, long bodied WR that this Offense is lacking. Reports are hes been having a very nice camp as well.

Don't waste the $$ and resources trading for Thomas. It'd be a bad move. Our WR room is the least of our worries.

agreed i think ertz is more important

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...er-issues/