Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021-Preseason Week 2

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 07:52 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

A couple of games are on tonight. The Patriots vs Washington Football Team and the Eagles vs. Steelers. WFT defense already came out and had a bit of a rough hit on Cam, causing him to lose the football in the beginning of that game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

WFTs defense will be strong.

Rhamondre Stevenson and Quez Williams showed some very good speed on their TDs last night.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Justin Fields looking fully in charge for Chicago.

(08-14-2021, 02:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Justin Fields looking fully in charge for Chicago.
He shook the nerves and made it simple. I'm proud of him an expect nothing less from Tlaw tonight.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 03:54 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-14-2021, 03:49 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 02:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Justin Fields looking fully in charge for Chicago.
He shook the nerves and made it simple.  I'm proud of him an expect nothing less from Tlaw tonight.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if Miami had any #1s playing defense, but he certainly looked well-adjusted, didn't he?

Yeah - Fields def impressed today. Wonder if they'll be dealing Foles or Dalton? Could affect the trade market for Minshew.

Zaven Collins looked like a beast. The Arizona LB corps will be the best in the league in a year imo

(08-16-2021, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Zaven Collins looked like a beast.  The Arizona LB corps will be the best in the league in a year imo

He was the best defensive player in the draft, IMO.

(08-17-2021, 01:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Zaven Collins looked like a beast.  The Arizona LB corps will be the best in the league in a year imo

He was the best defensive player in the draft, IMO.

Him and Surtain were my top 2 although I knew Surtain would be there when we picked.  Both future All Pros imo

Carl Lawson out for the season

Kenneth Gainwell looking good so far for Philly.

He was Etienne light for me in terms of the skills they bring to the table.

Super early, but looking like a steal.

(08-13-2021, 08:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: WFTs defense will be strong.

Rhamondre Stevenson and Quez Williams showed some very good speed on their TDs last night.

Stevenson has really impressed me in the Pats 2 preseason games. I have a feeling he will play a significant role in New England's offense this year.

Freiermuth with 2 TDs tonight. Doing what most knew he would. I do hate we past on him

Josh Oliver with 7 catches tonight.

Sure would have been nice to see him in training camp with the Jags…..

(08-21-2021, 09:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Josh Oliver with 7 catches tonight.

Sure would have been nice to see him in training camp with the Jags…..

Had to make room for Tebow, obviously.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2021, 09:25 AM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

Why do we makes such a big deal out of NFL preseason?

There is a lot of evidence that the preseason "results" don't correlate with the regular season. And I don't feel fans give anywhere the same credence to preseasons/spring trainings/etc in MLB, NBA, NHL, or even soccer friendlies that NFL fans give to preseason games.

(08-22-2021, 09:25 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Why do we makes such a big deal out of NFL preseason?

There is a lot of evidence that the preseason "results" don't correlate with the regular season. And I don't feel fans give anywhere the same credence to preseasons/spring trainings/etc in MLB, NBA, NHL, or even soccer friendlies that NFL fans give to preseason games.

People only obsess about it while we're in it, and only because the NFL is such a sparse game compared to all the others. Baseball plays 5 or 6 games a week, basketball does 3, so does the NHL, and soccer plays more than once a week, too. The NFL plays 20 games over 21 weeks. All those other sports play at least twice as many games and often over a longer period.

If the NFL played 40 games over 30 weeks the preseason would probably seem less important than it does. It would also help to just get rid of the preseason all together and just have teams practice against each other if they want to for a few weeks in June and July, and make the season 18 real games starting in mid August.

Pat Freiermuth had a great showing for the Steelers.

(08-22-2021, 09:25 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Why do we makes such a big deal out of NFL preseason?

I don't think people are making a big deal out of it. We're just excited that football is back, even if these games don't count. People are just getting overly jubilant, because it seems like an eternity since we last saw live games and with a QB like Trevor in the fold, we finally have some hope for the future.