Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
George Warhop

(09-18-2021, 09:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lawrence was sacked 1 time. Robinson rushed for 1k yards behind this same oline.

Again, we could have scored a TD on 5 straight possessions and still would have lost the game. We made a backup QB look like an all pro. Our defense is the problem not the oline.

Clueless as usual.

Those flags by the O-line don't count either, right? Laughing I don't even know why you are here or why you even watch football.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2021, 09:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 09:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So far, Little hasn't even been able to beat out either of our pathetic starting OT's. I'm not counting on him to be the LT. If he could just be an upgrade over Taylor, I'd be satisfied. 

Spending a lot of money in free agency to fix this O-Line is a given. It has to happen. We have too many starters entering free agency and this is a terrible 2022 OT draft class. I don't care if we gotta spend huge money, we gotta protect our franchise QB.

He's a rookie playing for a team thought Carlos Hyde should have twice as many carries as James Robinson. He'll be the left tackle next year if not sooner.

I sincerely hope you are right, but so far, I haven't seen anything that makes me believe he can be a good NFL LT. He's behind two of the worst starting OT's in the NFL. I'd like to see him start a few games to see how he fares, but if he can't even get on the field, that's not very encouraging.

(09-19-2021, 12:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 09:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:  He's a rookie playing for a team thought Carlos Hyde should have twice as many carries as James Robinson. He'll be the left tackle next year if not sooner.

I sincerely hope you are right, but so far, I haven't seen anything that makes me believe he can be a good NFL LT. He's behind two of the worst starting OT's in the NFL. I'd like to see him start a few games to see how he fares, but if he can't even get on the field, that's not very encouraging.

Why? You think these people know what they're doing that such decisions should worry you? Every sign we have is blaring that these people are incompetent and don't recognize the legitimately talented players on this roster., Little is probably just another stupid call on their part.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2021, 08:43 PM)ATLjag Wrote: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” -Einstein

...keeping Warhop and the starting OL was/is insanity.

worse might be rolling with those five and barely attempting to establish a run game, which is certainly (or should be) their strength

(08-15-2021, 08:33 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Oline group is worst part of this team. Little has to be a massive hit to salvage one position on the line. We need better everything in that group.

The oline block was at the top last year according to PFF. Dont blame the line, blame the TO machine in Lawrence

(09-18-2021, 03:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 01:48 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: I can't remember who's contract on the OLine is up come the end of this season can someone remind me? Robinson is playing on the Tag so i expect to see him go. I am sure there may have been two others, the Oline next year could look very different.

Robinson, Norwell, Cann, Shatley and Richardson are all UFA's at the end of this season. Linder will be in the final year of his contract in 2022 and if not extended, he will be owed $10 million in 2022. Taylor will be in the final year of his deal as well in 2022.

Eeeeeesh. That's a lot of potential turnover. Might not be a popular opinion, but I'd like to offer Norwell and do what I can to keep Shatley around at a minimum. Even if we overpay for shorter deals, I really don't want a COMPLETE line overhaul in TLaw's second season. We absolutely need to get Little, Bartch, and the other reserves some field time in case they become the vets we end up building around.

That terrible oline has given up 2 sacks on 84 drop backs....man they really stink. We need Lamp.

Meanwhile Lawrence ranks:

25th in yards
32nd in ints
30th in QBR with a 24.9, and has a 50% completion percentage

Our defense is giving up 6.0 yards per play and Lambo is 0 for 3.

The only bright spots are Josh Allen with 2 sacks and Marvin Jones with 2 TDs.

(09-20-2021, 08:53 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: That terrible oline has given up 2 sacks on 84 drop backs....man they really stink. We need Lamp.

Meanwhile Lawrence ranks:

25th in yards
32nd in ints
30th in QBR with a 24.9, and has a 50% completion percentage

Our defense is giving up 6.0 yards per play and Lambo is 0 for 3.

The only bright spots are Josh Allen with 2 sacks and Marvin Jones with 2 TDs.

Oline has been a bright spots the last year in a half. Lawrence has been awful

(08-14-2021, 10:25 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Can't say enough good things about him. He really has this offensive line coached up. He always gets the most out his players

We only had $28 million in cap space and a bunch of draft capital so there was nothing we could really do other than to go out and get Manhertz and Tebow to help on the run and pass blocking.

Whirlybird. That is all.

(09-28-2021, 10:12 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Whirlybird. That is all.

They kept playing the sound bite of him saying that on 1010 this morning. 

“Whirlybird”

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 10:18 AM by Flagler Jagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2021, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

“Whirlybird”

I know. I don't know what is more funny. That, or Trevor's giggle when asked about keeping the ball and running himself.

Can you say Hijacked?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Here is some tape of Warhop instructing Norwell on the whirlybird in practice.

[Image: squidward-handsome.gif]

(09-20-2021, 08:15 AM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 08:33 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Oline group is worst part of this team. Little has to be a massive hit to salvage one position on the line. We need better everything in that group.

The oline block was at the top last year according to PFF. Dont blame the line, blame the TO machine in Lawrence

Yeah looks like stats are proving my comments on the line are off by a margin to be polite to myself. It is just hard because I'm watching Lawrence hit the depth of the pocket and immediately moving off the spot because of pressure.  There is a disconnect between what I am seeing and what is happening.

It is easy to say it is my lying eyes but it just doesn't seem right. When Bullseye posted the other rookies sack numbers it is very glaring how much better things are considering the roster.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-28-2021, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

“Whirlybird”

I wonder if this game will be collectively remembered for Agnew's terrific return, or the Whirlybird game in 5 years.

(09-28-2021, 01:18 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: They kept playing the sound bite of him saying that on 1010 this morning. 

“Whirlybird”

I wonder if this game will be collectively remembered for Agnew's terrific return, or the Whirlybird game in 5 years.

Both. The Kick 6 was one the most awesome plays I've witnessed in person.

The Whirlybird will also be remembered for its immense ineptitude, either by play design if intentional, or by buffonery.

(09-28-2021, 12:40 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 08:15 AM)YouMadThough Wrote: The oline block was at the top last year according to PFF. Dont blame the line, blame the TO machine in Lawrence

Yeah looks like stats are proving my comments on the line are off by a margin to be polite to myself. It is just hard because I'm watching Lawrence hit the depth of the pocket and immediately moving off the spot because of pressure.  There is a disconnect between what I am seeing and what is happening.

It is easy to say it is my lying eyes but it just doesn't seem right. When Bullseye posted the other rookies sack numbers it is very glaring how much better things are considering the roster.

Lawrence, just like any QB with good pocket presence, makes the oline look better. And improves simplistic metrics such as sacks.

Whirly bird insight

https://twitter.com/nate_tice/status/144...51563?s=21

Wow, so this move was actually coached. Glad to know this was the plan and that Norwell wasn't having an aneurysm. I guess it was just poor execution . Actually, in Norwell's case, he Whirlybirded but did not roll out to the end, like in this Vikings clip. So Norwell essentially blocked Cam and prevented him from moving laterally, therefore leading to Trevor getting Turned Down for Watt. Smh.