Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Traded (merged)

(08-28-2021, 10:36 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:34 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: This is pretty stupid imo. He has almost a 4:1 TD ratio, a 93 career QB rating and played with a broken throwing hand last year... GL finding that with a 6th Rd pick. Horrible move.

Did you forget what round Minshew was drafted already?

Some of you are just too off the wall

Haaa. And that was a total lucky find. You really think it's easy to find that? He's a good backup on a rookie salary still. This is a horrible move

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-28-2021, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:36 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: A QB that was in contention for taking the top spot above TLaw just got traded for a 6th Round pick...

That was never going to be the case..

Nevertheless, Urbz wasted precious 1st team snaps on QB that was worth a 6th Round pick.

Doesn’t make sense to get basically the same pick we drafted him at since he’s outplayed it. I guess the lower number of years of his rookie deal? He’s better than Bethard but we’d be in major trouble if either had to start anyways.

Y'know, I defended the Schobert trade, saying it was about right on value. The Oliver trade was kinda dumb.

This is at least something for the guy, but I can't help but think the other team is getting the better end of the deal... again.
Fire sale in Jax continues.

(08-28-2021, 10:39 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:36 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Did you forget what round Minshew was drafted already?

Some of you are just too off the wall

Haaa. And that was a total lucky find. You really think it's easy to find that? He's a good backup on a rookie salary still. This is a horrible move

Any QB we drafted could have supplanted the previous QB.. Lucky find.. right..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-28-2021, 10:40 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Doesn’t make sense to get basically the same pick we drafted him at since he’s outplayed it. I guess the lower number of years of his rookie deal? He’s better than Bethard but we’d be in major trouble if either had to start anyways.

He went 500 with a horrible team his rookie year. Does literally everybody forget he played with a broken throwing hand for much of the season last yr?

(08-28-2021, 10:39 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: That was never going to be the case..

Nevertheless, Urbz wasted precious 1st team snaps on QB that was worth a 6th Round pick.

I think you're going to find out that TLaw isn't going to need 3 full preseason snaps to be productive. And I guarantee the Jags believe that as well..

I get it that everyone wanted more. But the league is about what have you done for me lately. He played like crap last year. And this preseason he’s looked even worse. That’s why we couldn’t get anything for him.

I hope he does well in Philadelphia. I personally think he asked for a trade after Tlaw was named the starter. We should have traded him much earlier preferably in the draft tbh.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(08-28-2021, 10:43 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I get it that everyone wanted more. But the league is about what have you done for me lately. He played like crap last year. And this preseason he’s looked even worse. That’s why we couldn’t get anything for him.

I hope he does well in Philadelphia. I personally think he asked for a trade after Tlaw was named the starter. We should have traded him much earlier preferably in the draft tbh.

He probably did ask for a trade. I highly Philly was what he had in mind lol.. He ain't starting there either. Jalen Hurts looks very legit.

Minshew was on borrowed time as soon as TLaw entered the conversation, and that process sped up when we all saw what Beathard could do..

(08-28-2021, 10:43 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I get it that everyone wanted more. But the league is about what have you done for me lately. He played like crap last year. And this preseason he’s looked even worse. That’s why we couldn’t get anything for him.

This
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 10:50 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-28-2021, 10:41 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:40 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Doesn’t make sense to get basically the same pick we drafted him at since he’s outplayed it. I guess the lower number of years of his rookie deal? He’s better than Bethard but we’d be in major trouble if either had to start anyways.

He went 500 with a horrible team his rookie year. Does literally everybody forget he played with a broken throwing hand for much of the season last yr?

And because of that experience his character as a QB changed, but not for the better. He turned rabbit and untrustworthy of an Oline that didn't improve from the one that got him all banged up and bruised last year, both physically and psychologically. 

Maybe he'll improve behind a better line that he can develop trust with, but in my opinion, his arc to eventually becoming a coach is on the down slope.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 11:00 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-28-2021, 10:40 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Y'know, I defended the Schobert trade, saying it was about right on value.  The Oliver trade was kinda dumb.

This is at least something for the guy, but I can't help but think the other team is getting the better end of the deal... again. 

The only thing we'll miss from DIAMOND DAVE was his ability to fleece other teams via trade. Baalke is a step down in that department, and telling by the amount of injury/ACL specials we've already added to the roster, may be a step down in most areas in general. Time will tell.

I actually hope Minshew does well, he has a chance to be the guy up there if Hurts struggles or gets injured. I hope he balls out, he had a great rookie year and if you get talent around him(Unlike here) he could be a pre-shoulder injury Chad Pennington type in the NFL, which is not a knock on either QB .

(08-28-2021, 10:58 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:40 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Y'know, I defended the Schobert trade, saying it was about right on value.  The Oliver trade was kinda dumb.

The only thing we'll miss from DIAMOND DAVE was his ability to fleece other teams via trade. Baalke is a step down in that department, and telling by the amount of injury/ACL specials we've already added to the roster, may be a step down in most areas in general. Time will tell.

I actually hope Minshew does well, he has a chance to be the guy up there if Hurts struggles or gets injured. I hope he balls out, he had a great rookie year and if you get talent around him(Unlike here) he could be a pre-shoulder injury Chad Pennington type in the NFL, which is not a knock on either QB .

As Chad Henne has demonstrated, there is a very good living to be made as a backup QB.

I think the Iggles were legit holding out on the Watson situation and then scrambled for what they could find at this point

(08-28-2021, 11:10 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I think the Iggles were legit holding out on the Watson situation and then scrambled for what they could find at this point

LOL, wut? Eagles are set at QB...

(08-28-2021, 11:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:58 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: The only thing we'll miss from DIAMOND DAVE was his ability to fleece other teams via trade. Baalke is a step down in that department, and telling by the amount of injury/ACL specials we've already added to the roster, may be a step down in most areas in general. Time will tell.

As Chad Henne has demonstrated, there is a very good living to be made as a backup QB.

Chad Henne never threw for 21 tds in a season, in fact he has never thrown for 16.. Minshew is light years better and could be a starter in the right situation. Gardner Minshew gets way too much flak for being on two dysfunctional/falling apart teams, one being of the worst teams in NFL history. He threw for 16 Tds in 8 starts to a talent-less WR group outside of Chark, who was also banged up in 2020. The guy was on a short leash(for some reason) and forced to play 2nd fiddle to garbage cans like Nick Foles, Mike Glennon(LOL) and Jake Luton far too frequently. That said, he certainly won't get a chance to start here now, being we just drafted Lawrence. Still doesn't take away from what Minshew did as a 6th round QB. All the while being jerked around, benched, renamed the starter, benched, playing through a thumb injury, multiple OCs etc. I wish him the best, I still think he can start in the NFL.

Horrible trade , should’ve been patient. We probably could’ve leveraged a 3rd over time for a desperate team. Like that Charlie Whitehurst trade

Half of his stats are garbage time stats. He wasn’t worth more than they got or they would’ve gotten it. It’s like you people think GM’s are out there turning down better trades and taking a crappy one. This isn’t Madden, but keyboard warriors can always do better.

Minshew’s height and weak arm ensures he will always be a backup. He may get starter duties for a while, but a QB with better tools is always up and coming.