Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Traded (merged)

Horrible deal. We could have gotten more. Especially during the season starts and a QB goes down.

I have serious concerns about the jidgement of our feint office.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-28-2021, 11:22 AM)Bruuval Wrote: Half of his stats are garbage time stats. He wasn’t worth more than they got or they would’ve gotten it. It’s like you people think GM’s are out there turning down better trades and taking a crappy one. This isn’t Madden, but keyboard warriors can always do better.

You don't trade now is the point. At some pt during the season a team will be desperate after injuries (and it could be us now) and you'd get way more. He's on the league minimum, most backups get paid millions... This just bad GMing.

(08-28-2021, 11:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Minshew’s height and weak arm ensures he will always be a backup. He may get starter duties for a while, but a QB with better tools is always up and coming.

Drew Brees says hi

(08-28-2021, 11:28 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Minshew’s height and weak arm ensures he will always be a backup. He may get starter duties for a while, but a QB with better tools is always up and coming.

Drew Brees says hi

Bad comparison. Drew Brees has a strong arm and much better QB skills and instincts.

(08-28-2021, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:28 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Drew Brees says hi

Bad comparison. Drew Brees has a strong arm and much better QB skills and instincts.

Brees has a "strong" arm? Ok, I think the conversation is over now...

He was likely going to get cut next week, CJ will be number 2 Luton on the practice squad, 6th is about right nobody was going to give up more than that, hence why they’ve left it this late to trade him. He was exciting but was very limited when defences figured him out. Move on he wasn’t ever going to start for us again so what does it matter

(08-28-2021, 11:27 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:22 AM)Bruuval Wrote: Half of his stats are garbage time stats. He wasn’t worth more than they got or they would’ve gotten it. It’s like you people think GM’s are out there turning down better trades and taking a crappy one. This isn’t Madden, but keyboard warriors can always do better.

You don't trade now is the point. At some pt during the season a team will be desperate after injuries (and it could be us now) and you'd get way more. He's on the league minimum, most backups get paid millions... This just bad GMing.

You do if you’re done with him and don’t want him in your locker room. There is no guarantee anyone needs him mid season. He doesn’t fit their system.

(08-28-2021, 11:36 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bad comparison. Drew Brees has a strong arm and much better QB skills and instincts.

I'll take a QB with a SB win and multiple trips to the playoffs and championship games over a 1-15 QB, any day of the week.

Arm strength can be ignored with a QB like Brees..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I wish Gardner the best. There were reports that the Eagles have been interested in getting him for a while. I remember a Carolina Panther beat writer saying months ago that the Eagles were trying to get him. She was at the draft and heard news about that. I do think that if the Jags had traded him earlier they could have gotten more for him. Back before the preseason when there were the public reports of multiple teams being interested in him, put out there.

I just don't get how anyone can be upset about this.

On the flip side, I don't understand it from the Eagles side unless they now plan to move Flacco.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-28-2021, 11:36 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bad comparison. Drew Brees has a strong arm and much better QB skills and instincts.

Whatever you think, but trying to make a comparison between Minshew and Brees is senseless.

(08-28-2021, 11:45 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I just don't get how anyone can be upset about this. 

On the flip side, I don't understand it from the Eagles side unless they now plan to move Flacco.

It's all about the hand wringing.. I bet some of these people have hands full of calluses.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Wish Minshew the best, he gave it all he got here in Duval

(08-28-2021, 11:45 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I just don't get how anyone can be upset about this. 

Joe hasn't look that good at times with them. And not very long ago, they seemed a bit uncertain about Jalen and was hesitant to name him the starter. Gardner at the very least can be a good quality backup for them, and possibly could start if they need him to.

(08-28-2021, 11:51 AM)mal234 Wrote:

Joe hasn't look that good at times with them. And not very long ago, they seemed a bit uncertain about Jalen and was hesitant to name him the starter. Gardner at the very least can be a good quality backup for them, and possibly could start if they need him to.

With a good line in front of him, I think he could do a pretty good job of maintaining a team for a few games. But the fact of the matter is he's not a very dynamic player and defenses effectively game plan against him.

Minshew doesn't cost the Eagles much in roster dollars or compensation. This franchise squeezed all they could out of him without supporting him very well along the way. Good luck to him.

I liked him but this is a franchise of despair until it isn't anymore.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-28-2021, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:51 AM)mal234 Wrote: Joe hasn't look that good at times with them. And not very long ago, they seemed a bit uncertain about Jalen and was hesitant to name him the starter. Gardner at the very least can be a good quality backup for them, and possibly could start if they need him to.

With a good line in front of him, I think he could do a pretty good job of maintaining a team for a few games. But the fact of the matter is he's not a very dynamic player and defenses effectively game plan against him.

This.  Two years ago he had a nice stretch.  But once teams got some film on him, he's done pretty poorly since.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 12:23 PM by mal234. Edited 3 times in total.)

(08-28-2021, 11:57 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Minshew doesn't cost the Eagles much in roster dollars or compensation. This franchise squeezed all they could out of him without supporting him very well along the way. Good luck to him.

I liked him but this is a franchise of despair until it isn't anymore.

I agree with this. I also read that the Jaguars could get a 5th rounder for him if he plays in like 50% in three games. That could happen.

Ian Rapoport on Twitter: "The 6th rounder can become a fifth rounder for the #Jaguars if Minshew plays 50% in 3 games. For the #Eagles, they considered spending a late-rounder on a QB this year. Instead, they use a late-rounder next year on a QB with starting experience." / Twitter

As someone who has always been a Minshew fan, I definitely wish him the best. And maybe something can happen with him and the Eagles in that division. That division is definitely more up for grabs than others. 

Though, I guess I will change my avatar now lol (To Like James Robinson).

(08-28-2021, 11:27 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:

Exactly.!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I am not against trading Minshew, but once again it feels like we have not gotten good value for a player.

Wish him the best. Thanks for making 2019 bearable with some clutch victories.