Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Traded (merged)

Given the state of our OL, I would have preferred to keep Minshew - we're going to need depth at QB as long as the linemen can't block. Especially when all we got was a 6th round pick, maybe a 5th rounder if we're lucky.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Caldwell would have got a better deal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Good luck Minshew, guy got treated like absolute garbage here last year but always gave everything for the team. Yeah he has his limitations with arm strength but he is tough and gives everything and that will win you games in the NFL. Hes been one of the few fun things weve had the last 2 years. Thank you.

But for a 6th?! Sent out 2 guys who were starters last year and not got much back. Lets hope this Oline doesnt get Lawrence killed back there.

If we kept him he would have taken up a roster spot. They must have decided they need it. So they got what they could get.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Another stupid and useless trade. F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been punked in our trades.

Somebody correct me if I am amiss here, but that leaves us with potentially 2 7th round picks (Oliver trade), and potentially 3 5th round picks next year:. Our own, this one, and the one from Minnesota for Ngakoue?

Somehow I sense I am forgetting another trade.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Shoebert

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 12:48 PM by Bullseye.)

As far Minshew I am torn by conflicting sentiments. VWhen the topic of trading Minshew first came up, I was pretty sure the team would not get much in trade for him. Yet now that I know we have a 6th...or at most a 5th, I am mildly disappointed in what we got for him.

(08-28-2021, 12:45 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Shoebert

Well I forgot that one too now that you mentioned it, but that wasn't the one I was thinking.

So now we potentially have 2 7th rounders, three 6th rounders, And 2...maybe 3 5ths?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-28-2021, 12:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As far Minshew I am torn by conflicting sentiments. VWhen the topic of trading Minshew first came up, I was pretty sure the team would not get much in trade for him.  Yet now that I know we have a 6th...or at most a 5th, I am mildly disappointed in what we got for him.

(08-28-2021, 12:45 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Shoebert

Well I forgot that one too now that you mentioned it, but that wasn't the one I was thinking.

So now we potentially have 2 7th rounders, three 6th rounders, And 2...maybe 3 5ths?

Talk about a bag of worthless magic beans.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-28-2021, 12:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 12:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As far Minshew I am torn by conflicting sentiments. VWhen the topic of trading Minshew first came up, I was pretty sure the team would not get much in trade for him.  Yet now that I know we have a 6th...or at most a 5th, I am mildly disappointed in what we got for him.

Talk about a bag of worthless magic beans.

Sounds about market value.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

In fairness, Minshew didn’t do us or himself any favors by being so underwhelming in the first 2 preseason games. The Jags coaching staff tried to give him some artificial value by saying that there’s a QB battle all throughout camp, but that plan went kaput

Couldn't spare a roster spot for the coolest guy in sports huh jags? Big plans for that late round pick eh? You deserve better than this garbage team anyway Gardner. Fly eagles fly

Personally, I am thrilled with this trade. We got way more than I thought we would. Many of you who are disappointed are pointing out Minshew's stats, but his stats are top heavy due to the things he did early in his career in garbage time. Look at him lately. He has regressed. His arm hasn't gotten any stronger, his decision making hasn't gotten any better and he's still holding the ball too long and taking too many sacks instead of throwing the ball out of bounds. He was never gonna help this team win any games going forward. And for those people thinking we could've gotten Zach Ertz in a player for player deal, are you serious? That was never gonna happen. We would've had to give them Minshew and something else to get Ertz. Ertz is a much more valuable player than Minshew is. I liked Minshew as a person. He was a fun guy to root for, but he was never gonna win the backup job with the way he had been playing.

Look at the bright side. Jalen Hurts is a running QB. Running QB's take a lot of hits, which leads to injuries. There is a very good chance Minshew could play 50% of the snaps in 3 games this year. That would equal a 5th round pick, which is way more than I ever thought we'd get. I thought we'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th round pick for a noodle armed QB who has regressed in his play. Considering we got "hosed" on the Schobert deal, I consider this one a win. I wish Minshew luck. He's a fun guy. Maybe their coaching staff can get something out of him that ours couldn't.

You all need to go give Wolfy some condolences..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Shoulda rolled into the season with him as the back up and see how things go before dealing him. What if we surprise and start stacking up wins and looking like a playoff team? I’d feel better about Minshew coming in for a few games (or longer) if need be over Beathard. And as was said previously, could have waited for another team to potentially suffer injury at the QB position and leveraged a better deal.

(08-28-2021, 01:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I am thrilled with this trade. We got way more than I thought we would. Many of you who are disappointed are pointing out Minshew's stats, but his stats are top heavy due to the things he did early in his career in garbage time. Look at him lately. He has regressed.

It's not even that they were during garbage time, he just had a unique skill set that the league wasn't ready for. He is legit good at hitting a spot downfield. He has no chance of seeing a WR streaking open downfield and hitting that receiver in stride, but if you tell him presnap to throw a back shoulder sideline ball 30 yards downfield he is very good at that. We stole a few games in his rookie year doing that before teams, particularly that Saints game, said nope we're not giving you the sideline timing routes...and ever since then he has been a non NFL caliber QB.

Now Minshew gets to be on and play on a better team. Watch him play lights out compared to his time with the Jaguars!

Like it was said earlier… he escapes the pocket too soon and has a noodle arm. It was fun, but once the league figured him out it was over. He won’t be great on another team. They won’t fix his arm strength and pocket presence.

(08-28-2021, 02:44 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Now Minshew gets to be on and play on a better team. Watch him play lights out compared to his time with the Jaguars!

The Eagles?  LOL.  If better, marginally.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]