Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (merged threads)

(06-01-2021, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Trevor Lawrence - 3 pages
Tim Tebow - 75 pages

.... only in Jacksonville

....maybe that's more a sign that everyone is of the same opinion with respect to one of those guys.

OP: I can't wait for TLaw to take the field! He's great!
7 replies: Me too!
/thread

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-02-2021, 01:00 PM)Mikey Wrote:
Tim Tebow - 75 pages

....maybe that's more a sign that everyone is of the same opinion with respect to one of those guys.

/thread

Hater.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-02-2021, 12:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So.. you're good with having a never-was on the 90 trying for a position he literally can never play in his old age.........rather than 24 year old athletic guy who actually played the position before in his life? He literally can never, ever make the roster... how is that preferable to a guy that actually could do something for the team?

Sigh. It's such an obvious BS I can't adapt move from a College-only coach. Just a bonehead.

Why not take your gripe to the Tebow thread..

You're distrating TLaw right now..

You can thank Hurricane for bringing it up...

Though Mikey explained it much more succinctly.

(06-02-2021, 10:46 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
Tim Tebow - 75 pages

We've got 150 pages on Julio Jones who isn't even on the team.  Yet.

Dang we aren't popular enough team to get that kinda of thread count. So even though this is a TLaw thread, what is the consensus on picking up Julio? Go for broke move?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-02-2021, 02:29 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 10:46 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: We've got 150 pages on Julio Jones who isn't even on the team.  Yet.

Dang we aren't popular enough team to get that kinda of thread count. So even though this is a TLaw thread, what is the consensus on picking up Julio? Go for broke move?

You will end up broke, yes.

32, expensive, beginning to show wear and tear, and you'd be trading away either younger players or younger players yet to be picked in the form of high darft picks.

If he was an FA and wanted to play here, I wouldn't not make an offer, but I think he'll want to go somewhere more immediately competitive.

(06-02-2021, 10:46 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
Tim Tebow - 75 pages

We've got 150 pages on Julio Jones who isn't even on the team.  Yet.

Julio Jones can actually play. Quite different.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-02-2021, 03:33 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:29 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Dang we aren't popular enough team to get that kinda of thread count. So even though this is a TLaw thread, what is the consensus on picking up Julio? Go for broke move?

You will end up broke, yes.

32, expensive, beginning to show wear and tear, and you'd be trading away either younger players or younger players yet to be picked in the form of high darft picks.

If he was an FA and wanted to play here, I wouldn't not make an offer, but I think he'll want to go somewhere more immediately competitive.

Rumor is he can be had for a second round pick or POSSIBLY even for a third.  He'd be a nice addition and wouldn't need to be the WR1 with AJ Brown playing the way he's playing.  I'm not entirely sold, but fans here sure are clamoring for him.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(06-02-2021, 03:47 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 10:46 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: We've got 150 pages on Julio Jones who isn't even on the team.  Yet.

Julio Jones can actually play. Quite different.
They coming for you! Hater!

(06-02-2021, 03:48 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:33 PM)Mikey Wrote: You will end up broke, yes.

Rumor is he can be had for a second round pick or POSSIBLY even for a third.  He'd be a nice addition and wouldn't need to be the WR1 with AJ Brown playing the way he's playing.  I'm not entirely sold, but fans here sure are clamoring for him.

For a third I would do it.  Maybe even a second. Add the Atlanta market to the fan base (along with the Clemson, Ohio State, and Gator markets) would be a good pick up.

(06-03-2021, 08:51 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:48 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Rumor is he can be had for a second round pick or POSSIBLY even for a third.  He'd be a nice addition and wouldn't need to be the WR1 with AJ Brown playing the way he's playing.  I'm not entirely sold, but fans here sure are clamoring for him.

For a third I would do it.  Maybe even a second. Add the Atlanta market to the fan base (along with the Clemson, Ohio State, and Gator markets) would be a good pick up.

That's not how NFL fans work, TC. 

No team adding Julio is gaining falcons fans. Not enough to make a noticeable difference anyway.

(06-03-2021, 08:51 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:48 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Rumor is he can be had for a second round pick or POSSIBLY even for a third.  He'd be a nice addition and wouldn't need to be the WR1 with AJ Brown playing the way he's playing.  I'm not entirely sold, but fans here sure are clamoring for him.

Lol, you really have a strange idea about how fans behave.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:51 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: For a third I would do it.  Maybe even a second. Add the Atlanta market to the fan base (along with the Clemson, Ohio State, and Gator markets) would be a good pick up.

No team adding Julio is gaining falcons fans. Not enough to make a noticeable difference anyway.

... these would just be the folks re-converting their Jag fandom from back when they hired Mike Smith as HC

(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:51 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: For a third I would do it.  Maybe even a second. Add the Atlanta market to the fan base (along with the Clemson, Ohio State, and Gator markets) would be a good pick up.

I mean... he's a college fan - it's pretty apparent.

In the NFL we don't follow players... we follow teams.. once a player leaves he sucks until his 1 day retirement contract.

(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

(06-03-2021, 12:01 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you really have a strange idea about how fans behave.

I mean... he's a college fan - it's pretty apparent.

In the NFL we don't follow players... we follow teams.. once a player leaves he sucks until his 1 day retirement contract.

Bingo.

It is the norm for some Gator and Hogs fans to display that sort of behavior.

That is certainly true for a certain former QB trying to switch to TE.

But as a general rule, NFL fans don't behave that way. We wish players well when they leave...maybe grumble about or cheer their departures...but typically don't migrate from team to team with the players.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-03-2021, 01:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Bingo.

But as a general rule, NFL fans don't behave that way.  We wish players well when they leave...maybe grumble about or cheer their departures...but typically don't migrate from team to team with the players.

Maybe the single biggest exception to this rule for me was Earnest Byner.

Traded for a ham sammich after nearly getting the franchise to the Superb Owl, went to the [Redacted]s and got a ring long before that festering pile of feces Art Modell ever did.

(06-03-2021, 01:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's not how NFL fans work, TC. 

(06-03-2021, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you really have a strange idea about how fans behave.

(06-03-2021, 12:01 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I mean... he's a college fan - it's pretty apparent.

Bingo.

But as a general rule, NFL fans don't behave that way.  We wish players well when they leave...maybe grumble about or cheer their departures...but typically don't migrate from team to team with the players.

Maybe he means the miniscule amount of Alabama fans that became sorta kinda casual Atlanta fans for a couple seasons. The same ones who became kinda sorta casual fans of Oakland for a season..

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 06:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

Trevor looked very good in practice yesterday.

"On a slant route during  7-on-7 work, Chark made a cut inside to hauled in a beautiful pass thrown by quarterback Trevor Lawrence."

and...

"Lawrence exceptionally sharp

"It also appears Meyer is making a significant impact on Lawrence too. After struggling to complete passes in the red zone during a drill last week, Lawrence showed the poise of a seasoned veteran Thursday. He was on target for most of the day, even going deep several times. One of his best throws of the day came on a deep pass to tight end James O'Shaughnessy for a touchdown."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/j...li=BBnbfcL

(06-04-2021, 05:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trevor looked very good in practice yesterday.

"On a slant route during  7-on-7 work, Chark made a cut inside to hauled in a beautiful pass thrown by quarterback Trevor Lawrence."

and...

"It also appears Meyer is making a significant impact on Lawrence too. After struggling to complete passes in the red zone during a drill last week, Lawrence showed the poise of a seasoned veteran Thursday. He was on target for most of the day, even going deep several times. One of his best throws of the day came on a deep pass to tight end James O'Shaughnessy for a touchdown."

"I love talking to Coach Meyer, he's a competitor, and he's going to push me.  He also knows I'm going to do what I do. I'm going to step up and make plays. I love when he pushes me to be better than what I am."

~Chark

It also appears Meyer is making a significant impact on Lawrence too. After struggling to complete passes in the red zone during a drill last week, Lawrence showed the poise of a seasoned veteran Thursday.

Great read.. Thanks for posting..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-02-2021, 01:00 PM)Mikey Wrote:
Tim Tebow - 75 pages

/thread

Not only that, there's no pro stats, footage of him...at least not enough for there for any sort of sensible difference of opinion to have been formed.

(06-04-2021, 05:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trevor looked very good in practice yesterday.

and...

An excellent read.

Very encouraging!