Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Packers/Saints to be played in Jacksonville (merged)

(09-02-2021, 06:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: It's always gotta be something. Even when we're trying to help a fellow southern city out.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021...itter-war/

New Orleans is a [BLEEP] hole still living in the glory of what it used to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-02-2021, 10:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 06:28 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: It's always gotta be something. Even when we're trying to help a fellow southern city out.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021...itter-war/

New Orleans is a [BLEEP] hole still living in the glory of what it used to be.

New Orleans is a beautiful city brimming with rich culture and deep heritage. 

You have no clue what you're spewing. 

When is the last time you spent a week in New Orleans?

(09-02-2021, 11:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 10:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: New Orleans is a [BLEEP] hole still living in the glory of what it used to be.

People have different feelings on what is fun. Deep heritage and culture are used to hide the it's old, small, cramped, etc.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Years ago a coworker who was born and raised in NO was telling me about how he was trying to get his mother to move away from there. Being unfamiliar with NO I commented about what a cool place it seemed to be. He remarked that all the touristy stuff is just window dressing. “New Orleans is a [BLEEP] hole.”

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 08:02 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-02-2021, 11:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 10:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: New Orleans is a [BLEEP] hole still living in the glory of what it used to be.

A year ago. The city you deacribe is the old New Orleans I mentioned.

When is the last time you heard someone say I WANT to move to New Orleans?

(09-03-2021, 01:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 11:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: New Orleans is a beautiful city brimming with rich culture and deep heritage. 

People have different feelings on what is fun. Deep heritage and culture are used to hide the it's old, small, cramped, etc.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Both conditions can and usually do, exist simultaneously in different parts of almost all major cities and even much smaller communities.  I've been to New Orleans, but most of my time was spent in the French Quarter.  Beautiful historic architecture, culture, etc. but I've no doubt far less inviting neighborhoods weren't far away.  Anyone who lives there obviously sees a lot more than a casual tourist does.

Which street is most representative of Jacksonville, Riverside Ave or Moncrief Rd?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 09:14 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-01-2021, 03:11 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Can we get tickets?

I too am curios about ticket distribution. I heard but hav'nt been notified that season ticket holders will get first dibs. It'll be awesome for the stadium to be 1/3 or more filled w/Jaguar fans (Jaguar attire is a must) to literally root for another team. 

NOPE! Too Weird. I couldn't do it, I'd simply have to enjoy the game w/o caring of the outcome. Also, who'll reap the benefits of ticket sales?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-03-2021, 06:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Years ago a coworker who was born and raised in NO was telling me about how he was trying to get his mother to move away from there. Being unfamiliar with NO I commented about what a cool place it seemed to be. He remarked that all the touristy stuff is just window dressing. “New Orleans is a [BLEEP] hole.”

I'm pretty familiar with NOLA, having a wife who was born and raised there and still having family in the area. I can say that it has it's pros and cons like anyplace and there is certainly plenty of culture there (and LOTS of crime and poverty). But my beef was about the writer knocking Jacksonville when he's likely never been here. Do we have a Miracle Mile or an Ybor City? No, not yet but there are places to go and things to see and the people are mostly friendly. I'm sure we'll be a good host city for the game and I think the shot in light of the situation was a cheap one.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-03-2021, 07:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 11:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: New Orleans is a beautiful city brimming with rich culture and deep heritage. 

A year ago. The city you deacribe is the old New Orleans I mentioned.

When is the last time you heard someone say I WANT to move to New Orleans?

I know at least 20 ppl who have moved to NOLA since Katrina. I've had 4 amazing trips there over the past 7 years. 

Of course, you've already made it clear you prefer suburbs to cities in the various downtown jax threads, so I'm pissing in the wind debating anything on this topic with someone of your inclinations.

(09-01-2021, 11:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 11:08 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: It’s hot in Louisiana also

Not in a dome, lol.

Didn’t realize they never left the Dome