Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential Jags 2022 draft prospects

Gonna watch Kyle Hilton tonight vs Fl St.  Was really good last year, interested to see how he does tonight

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2021, 12:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gonna watch Kyle Hilton tonight vs Fl St.  Was really good last year, interested to see how he does tonight

Kyle Hamilton? The Notre Dame Safety? Why would we draft a Safety? We paid a nice chunk of change to Rayshawn Jenkins for the next 4 years and Andre Cisco has looked very, very good so far. I think we might be set at the position for a while. 

I scouted a few OT's on Saturday and God, it was depressing. I did kinda like Penn State's Rasheed Walker and Alabama's Evan Neal, but I also watched Zion Nelson of Miami, Charles Cross of Mississippi State and Thayer Munford of Ohio State. Those guys were terrible! I know Miami was playing Alabama, but geez! Nelson was a mess and Cross absolutely whiffed on several blocks against La. Tech in a game he should've dominated. I've never been impressed with Munford. He just looks so slow footed and unless he actually locks onto his opponents, he's relatively easy to beat. How these three got named as potential first round picks in so many mock drafts is beyond me. 

I believe Neal will be a top 5 pick, but I also know that Alabama OT's all tend to "peter out" in the NFL. Especially the LT prospects. I'd be very wary of that. They all seem to be heavy footed, maulers that have a lot of problems with faster, DE's who display more than one move. It's like back in the day when Texas A&M was constantly turning out finesse OT's with good footwork, but they were beaten like drums by stronger bull rushers who would push them backwards like a blocking sled. Think Luke Joeckel. I swear, it's like those Aggie OT's never saw a weight room before. There are a few more OT's for me to watch, but I have a feeling this is gonna be a very thin class. I really don't like what I'm seeing so far.

Hamilton, yes. Auto correct

Yeah, Neal is a monster and I don't think we will draft high enough to get him. I'd like a lineman if one is BPA when we pick. Hamilton looks to be an elite safety, 6'4" 220, I don't like to draft for position, if Hamilton looks to be the BPA when we pick I'm taking him. Hamilton and Cisco could possibly give us the best safety combo in the league, gonna see how he does tonight

Chark, Shenault, Metchie would be pretty amazing. A first round WR probably isn’t a good idea for a team that needs as much OL and defensive help as we do though.

(09-05-2021, 02:19 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Chark, Shenault, Metchie would be pretty amazing. A first round WR probably isn’t a good idea for a team that needs as much OL and defensive help as we do though.

The WR I'd like right now is Chris Olave

(09-05-2021, 02:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 02:19 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Chark, Shenault, Metchie would be pretty amazing. A first round WR probably isn’t a good idea for a team that needs as much OL and defensive help as we do though.

The WR I'd like right now is Chris Olave

IMO, Olave is the best college WR in the country. He would've been a sure-fire first rounder last year. I know he would've been taken ahead of Toney and Bateman. I'm not sure why he chose to return to school.

Can he play defensive line?

(09-05-2021, 03:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Can he play defensive line?

Our D-Line is good, as long as everyone stays healthy. My biggest areas of concern are O-Line, rush OLB, TE and depth at ILB, CB and RB.

Dline is probably the one position group that has looked the best lol

Michael Mayer is the TE we need but it won't be until 2023. I think he will be a great TE

(09-05-2021, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Michael Mayer is the TE we need but it won't be until 2023.  I think he will be a great TE

I was thinking the same thing. Dude is gonna be great for somebody.  I doubt he'll be available at pick 32 though....

(09-05-2021, 07:51 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 07:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Michael Mayer is the TE we need but it won't be until 2023.  I think he will be a great TE

I was thinking the same thing. Dude is gonna be great for somebody.  I doubt he'll be available at pick 32 though....

Naw, he's gonna be taken early lol

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2021, 09:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

A pick for Hamilton, dudes a beast

Wow, another pick for Hamilton, a crazy great play. One of the best safeties I've seen in a while

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2021, 11:17 AM by Upper.)

Hamilton is the best safety in a while, but I do worry that he is a bit of a long strider. That helps him really chew up field on rangy INTs as we saw, but also on that long FSU TD run he got caught out of position a little bit and I think he's not quite quick twitch enough to recover from mistakes like that. But it's a small qualm he's really darn good.

Also, seems like this should be in the college forum.

Hamilton was a playmaker last night, dude can ball out.

(09-05-2021, 03:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Our D-Line is good, as long as everyone stays healthy. My biggest areas of concern are O-Line, rush OLB, TE and depth at ILB, CB and RB.

So, basically Everything but QB, WR and Safety? LOL But I agree. We need serious help in all of the positions you mentioned. Now watch 2022 be the year  of D-line drafts.