Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert on Defense gets start at Strong Safety!

There is no OR in Jaguars or Winning
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/Wingo47/status/1435601733649055750
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-09-2021, 06:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Y'all are gonna look pretty silly when Wingard gets two pick sixes and a sack this Sunday. Boo-yah!

Banana

I wouldn't be surprised to see him change his number to #20 to mirror Jaylen Ramsey and Ed Reed given his ball hawking skills.   

Dude just needs a nickname to go with his mystic ----  I already have my "You can't lose with WINgard" shirt.

(09-09-2021, 06:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/Wingo47/status/1435601733649055750

Oh look papa wingard is coming to his son's defense  Laughing

(09-09-2021, 06:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Y'all are gonna look pretty silly when Wingard gets two pick sixes and a sack this Sunday. Boo-yah!

Banana

That's a minimum of what...30 yards in penalties?

(09-09-2021, 06:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/Wingo47/status/1435601733649055750

Should I show the list of coaches who failed "knowing more than the average fan?"  Yes coaches know more but doesn't mean their way is right.  Few football coaches are successful.  Hell look at the track record of our coaches.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Going by this website: https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/a-wi...?year=2020

Wingard has 4 penalties in 2019 then another 6 penalties in 2020 with very limited action.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-09-2021, 06:18 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: There is no OR in Jaguars or Winning

Found it.

Jags probably not expecting much of a pass game from Texans and Wingard is probably better against the run AT THIS TIME.

(09-09-2021, 11:16 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Going by this website: https://www.nflpenalties.com/player/a-wi...?year=2020

Wingard has 4 penalties in 2019 then another 6 penalties in 2020 with very limited action.

He had at least 1 penalty called against him on Special Teams in both the Browns and Saints preseason games a couple weeks ago as well. It wont be long before we see a ref throwing a flag and call out #42. That's the best thing Wingard does, commits penalties.

(09-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Jags probably not expecting much of a pass game from Texans and Wingard is probably better against the run AT THIS TIME.

OR, they might think that Cisco makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and that could cause the defense to give up some big plays.  Perhaps they think that right now, they want a veteran back there.  Maybe?

(09-11-2021, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Jags probably not expecting much of a pass game from Texans and Wingard is probably better against the run AT THIS TIME.

OR, they might think that Cisco makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and that could cause the defense to give up some big plays.  Perhaps they think that right now, they want a veteran back there.  Maybe?

But, but, but. I've heard all training camp how good Cisco's been. You mean that was hyperbole and reporters with wishful thinking?

The thing the experts here don't seem to understand that even if Wingard is as bad as they say, and we know he isn't, then Cisco is awful if he can't beat out Wingard. 

Experts don't seem to understand how much they've been influenced by fake news about rookies every year. It's not until regular season we'll know for sure when other teams expose the holes in our defense...

(09-09-2021, 09:53 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: On an interesting note, he did have 454 tackles in college, the most in MWC history.  Perhaps our new aggressive defense favors his strength of playing up and stuffing the run or whatever .... wishful thinking I guess.

The guy was truly a tackling machine in college and I could see him having big games against both the Texans and Titans and any other run heavy team on the schedule. 

This is a great story IMO in that he beat out Wilson who was an established player who also excelled on special teams. 

Everyone knows that Cisco is the future at the safety position, but it is nice to see that the talent and speed has been upgraded on the unit
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 11:25 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-11-2021, 09:50 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: OR, they might think that Cisco makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and that could cause the defense to give up some big plays.  Perhaps they think that right now, they want a veteran back there.  Maybe?

But, but, but. I've heard all training camp how good Cisco's been. You mean that was hyperbole and reporters with wishful thinking?

The thing the experts here don't seem to understand that even if Wingard is as bad as they say, and we know he isn't, then Cisco is awful if he can't beat out Wingard. 

Experts don't seem to understand how much they've been influenced by fake news about rookies every year. It's not until regular season we'll know for sure when other teams expose the holes in our defense...

Some people never learn. It is amusing though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-11-2021, 09:50 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: OR, they might think that Cisco makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and that could cause the defense to give up some big plays.  Perhaps they think that right now, they want a veteran back there.  Maybe?

So, tomorrow we'll know that Cisco is a better option at SS than Wingard.  Great. 

If the choice is inconsistent "veteran" vs  so-far-consistent rookie who may make a few rookie mistakes

...I'm going with the latter.

My eyes in the preseason games showed me that Cisco is better than Wingard where we need him...in the passing game.

The Texans have Lindsey, Ingram, and Johnson with Taylor at QB. I expect their game plan is to run 60-70% minimum. Remember the Jags were horrible against the run last year. Texans want to test them.

If jags get up and Texans must pass, then Cisco comes in.

LOL

anybody still trying to defend this stupid Wingard start ??

(09-12-2021, 01:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

what game are you watching?  What has he done wrong so far this game?  he actually made the play on the 2nd down on the goaline.  And was smart enough to hold on the pass to Lindsay in the event it was a fumble.

Jenkins is the one playing like crap.  gave up the big pass on 3rd down when he could have easily knocked it away.  and then whiffed on the 3rd down play on the goaline allowing the touchdown.

I get Wingard isn't a great player but the hate on him at times is so stupid and irrational.

(09-12-2021, 01:31 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 01:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

what game are you watching?  What has he done wrong so far this game?  he actually made the play on the 2nd down on the goaline.  And was smart enough to hold on the pass to Lindsay in the event it was a fumble.

Jenkins is the one playing like crap.  gave up the big pass on 3rd down when he could have easily knocked it away.  and then whiffed on the 3rd down play on the goaline allowing the touchdown.

I get Wingard isn't a great player but the hate on him at times is so stupid and irrational.

Tyrod overthrew the TE that burned Wingard for what have been a huge gain

Wingard made it out of the first quarter without drawing a penalty flag.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.