Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York to Ban Sale of Gas-Powered Vehicles by 2035

This will go over well...... They would have to improve 2 technologies. 1) the battery life of the car so you can do your daily routine, And 2) Improve the power grid (which includes more power plant) to ensure the grid does not overload and break down causing massive blackouts.

New York to Ban Sale of Gas-Powered Vehicles by 2035

Gov. Kathy Hochul, D-N.Y., last week signed legislation banning the sale of new gas-powered cars and trucks by 2035.

The bill was passed by the state's Senate and Assembly and signed by Hochul.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/new-yo...53-F_0knlQ
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can we ban NY and CA by then too?

The EPA already told California to slow their roll on this subject because the existing power grids can barely handle demand now.

Car manufacturers just need to car premiums to NY and produce regular cars for everyone else. Stop forcing everyone to pay for CA and NY choices.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 06:00 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm looking forward to the day when places like New York City ban gas-powered vehicles of all types.  The place will be so much cleaner, and quieter.  I love visiting big cities like New York or London or Paris, but the worst thing about those places is the noise and the pollution.

It will be nice if the world ever gets fully green. I agree. It's a good goal.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 11:09 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-15-2021, 08:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It will be nice if the world ever gets fully green. I agree. It's a good goal.

Meh, same side of the coin as Big Pharma and Big Sugar. And they use scientists and fake studies to further their money grabs.

Green companies have been raking in billions and billions of dollars. Al Gore's bank account and stocks have never looked so GREEN!

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 12:19 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I don't disagree with that at all. I am just saying I am all for innovation and a push towards cleaner living.

How cool would it to significantly reduce the noise and air pollution? If we can remove the greed and corruption at the top, I'm all for the continued exploration of green energy. Solar, wind, electric, all supplemented by nuclear energy.

(09-13-2021, 06:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The EPA already told California to slow their roll on this subject because the existing power grids can barely handle demand now.

They can't handle it. Elon Musk has already confirmed this.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]