Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OK, this amounts to Treason.........

(09-15-2021, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 09:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, my question would be, is there any scenario you can see where morality overrides duty as a military officer to follow the chain of command? 

There are Constitutional and civilian provisions for dealing with an unstable President and Milly subverted those provisions in favor of collaboration with a foreign adversary. This was not a "finger on the button" scenario in any sense of the phrase and Milly's actions in this circumstance, the only one that bears consideration at the moment, were treasonous.

Exactly this. 

And the idea that any POTUS can just make a unilateral call for a nuclear strike, or any other for that matter, is straight from Hollywood. People need to read some books and educate themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-ge...-was-crazy

This article tempers some of the more drastic accusations against Milley. Nothing in here seems that egregious. I could even see him talking to his generals about the nuke issues because he thought Pelosi might also be overreacting. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Either way, he is testifying before congress soon. I'll wait to see what he has to say before getting any more worked up about this.

(09-15-2021, 02:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-ge...-was-crazy

This article tempers some of the more drastic accusations against Milley. Nothing in here seems that egregious. I could even see him talking to his generals about the nuke issues because he thought Pelosi might also be overreacting. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Either way, he is testifying before congress soon. I'll wait to see what he has to say before getting any more worked up about this.

Not really.  In his position General Milley is an advisor to The President and nothing more.  He has no say and is not part of the process for any kind of strike.

If the reports and allegations are true he did two things very wrong.

1.  Allegedly he called his counterpart in China without notifying his boss (The President) and told him that there was not strike planned against their country and should a strike be planned he would call and give them warning.  That is treason plain and simple.

2.  Allegedly he called an unscheduled meeting with those that would actually be involved in the process of some kind of strike and basically told them not to follow orders from the commander-in-chief without going through him first.  This undermines the chain-of-command and is way out of the scope of his authority.

If those allegations are true he not only broke the law he violated the UCMJ and should either resign or face a court martial.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I take anything Bob Woodward writes with a grain of salt. He's been trying to relive his Watergate glory days for years and has always regarded Trump as the means to do that. Then you have his book being interpreted by an extremely biased media that has no idea what the word objectivity means, and you're going to have sensational click bait headlines making them money and political favor.

I'll wait for the more reasoned analysis to occur when the TDS mafia is done pissing all over themselves.

(09-15-2021, 03:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I take anything Bob Woodward writes with a grain of salt. He's been trying to relive his Watergate glory days for years and has always regarded Trump as the means to do that. Then you have his book being interpreted by an extremely biased media that has no idea what the word objectivity means, and you're going to have sensational click bait headlines making them money and political favor. 

I'll wait for the more reasoned analysis to occur when the TDS mafia is done pissing all over themselves.

Exactly why I have said "if the reports are correct" and "allegedly" in my remarks.  The news story is based on a book with no source.  Any journalist worth a [BLEEP] should be filing Freedom of Information requests for phone transcripts and/or meeting minutes/attendance records.  I have not seen any of that.

I find it hard to believe that a General would do what is alleged, but if it's true he needs to be tried.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2021, 02:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-ge...-was-crazy

So it's another nothing to see here, move along.

I'm not saying it's nothing, but I am going to avoid passing judgement until I hear him speak. There is a fine line right here, and the details matter to me.

(09-15-2021, 07:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm not saying it's nothing, but I am going to avoid passing judgement until I hear him speak. There is a fine line right here, and the details matter to me.

Love it. Balanced and objective