Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rating your confidence level on Meyer

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 08:29 PM by mikesez.)

I did not like the hire, and the first game looked like I thought it would look.
But I'm going to give him a few more games to show if he's learning from these mistakes. I could still be wrong about the guy.

This thread needs a poll.
Numbers 0 to 10 can all be choices, then of course corn.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Urban is doing fine so far. Most of these so-called "mistakes" he has supposedly made have been overblown by the media, IMO. I could go down the list of people's complaints, but I'll just let it suffice to say that nothing has been egregious enough to change my opinion of Urban this early in his tenure. I'm giving the man a lot more of a chance than a training camp in one game before forming an opinion on him.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

I give him a solid 1 because it's obvious he does not like losing.  I liked that our last coach stood on the sidelines and didn't seem to care about anything other than saying the same thing over and over.  I miss those days when our coaches were ok with losing.

On a scale of 0 - 10 or is that the projected win - loss after 10 games.

(09-18-2021, 06:01 AM)jagman Wrote: I give him a solid 1 because it's obvious he does not like losing.  I liked that our last coach stood on the sidelines and didn't seem to care about anything other than saying the same thing over and over.  I miss those days when our coaches were ok with losing.

Lol, I saw Meyer standing there confused and bewildered why his guys were so much worse than the other team. Not liking to lose doesnt usually emerge as The Thousand Yard Stare, he looks more like a case of shellshock trauma.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2021, 07:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I think he was taken a bit by surprise by the nature of NFL competitiveness, in spite of assurances that he knew what he was getting into. I think he can get it turned around but it's not going to be easy. On a scale of 1 to 10, my confidence is at a 5.

In other words, he didn't do his homework and came in totally unprepared. Sounds like a pattern.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2021, 10:40 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2021, 08:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: I did not like the hire, and the first game looked like I thought it would look.
But I'm going to give him a few more games to show if he's learning from these mistakes. I could still be wrong about the guy.

This thread needs a poll.
Numbers 0 to 10 can all be choices, then of course corn.

I did not like the hire when it was first announced, especially when Pederson became available.

He's made some mistakes and there's a lot I have not liked so far.  Somehow, the news that he had a prior connection with Warhop is unsurprising, yet troubling.

That said, I think the national media's bashing of him has been over the top, almost to the point you think they want to drive him out.

He's our coach, and I' willing to give him a legitimate chance before I am clamoring for him to leave.  He's only been here for a game and he took over a 1-15 team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

so far, I am less than impressed. The jury is still out, but his decisions and the team being soooo unprepared for the first game of the season does not say a lot about him.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

after all he's done a 3/10
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2021, 12:44 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

(09-17-2021, 03:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m concerned.

I was skeptical but optimistic.
The optimism has waned.

At this shaky point in his early tenure - I give him a 40% chance of getting to 6 wins this year and finding his way past .500 as a Jags HC down the road.

Here’s a similar thread from June for comparison:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=34457

This^ is eloquently put

(09-18-2021, 04:37 AM)Portofino43 Wrote: I think Urban is doing fine so far.  Most of these so-called "mistakes" he has supposedly made have been overblown by the media, IMO.  I could go down the list of people's complaints, but I'll just let it suffice to say that nothing has been egregious enough to change my opinion of Urban this early in his tenure.  I'm giving the man a lot more of a chance than a training camp in one game before forming an opinion on him.

Is this Garrards wifey?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Since we failed on all levels last week, for game that we were favored to win and should have been most prepared for, my confidence is not very high. It's only week 2 of the season, and there has already been too many questionable decisions made.

3 out 10

bullseye is on point!
Put away the picthforks and lets back him up.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think Trevor is going to have a Peyton Manning like rookie season, and I think Meyer is our Jim Mora Sr. He will see some success in spite of his coaching, because he has a future stud at QB. The next guy we hire needs to be our Tony Dungy though, so we can finally enjoy that 10 or so years of winning 10+ games.

So what is my level of confidence? Jim Mora Sr. levels, so, not good. Maybe we get some legendary meltdowns like Mora gave, so at least we will have memes! I'd be surprised if we ever got to 9 wins with Urbs, but things certainly can change if he somehow figures it all out. The good news is, he'll have plenty of time with the brain trust we have in ownership to right the ship if our woes continue. If Gus Bradley got ~4 years, I can only imagine Meyer getting at least that.

(09-18-2021, 09:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 07:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I think he was taken a bit by surprise by the nature of NFL competitiveness, in spite of assurances that he knew what he was getting into. I think he can get it turned around but it's not going to be easy. On a scale of 1 to 10, my confidence is at a 5.

In other words, he didn't do his homework and came in totally unprepared. Sounds like a pattern.

At every milestone point so far he's looked like he wasn't listening to anything anyone around him that understands the NFL would have been saying.

He hired a racist, thought NFL free agency was going to be like recruiting high school kids, seems to have drafted mostly based on whether he knew a guy already, drafted a running back in the first round with the idea of making him a receiver (it's never a good idea to draft someone high with the idea of making them change position), got fined and lost future practices for not following ota rules, took first team reps from Trevor for no reason, had the team not ready to face the Browns' backups, and didn't have the team ready for the first game of the season in the most basic of ways. I could probably cite other issues, but the above should be sufficient.

Urban has shown nothing but red flags so far, so if he's going to turn it around it's probably going to be very slow and painfully gained, because so far he's shown no ability to learn from others. Any growth looks like it's going to come from doing the wrong thing first, then hopefully learning from it.

I predict this thread won’t age well, it’s a strange premise to think you know anything about the coach after a single game. It’s more comical to call all the stuff you guys are whining about as mistakes. No chance Meyer is “overwhelmed”. This team went 1-15 last year …. There will be bad outings before it’s all fixed

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 01:46 AM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

I hate Meyer. His dog eats veggies. And he can't even mix pudding from a packet.

(Am I doing this right?)

(09-19-2021, 12:29 AM)CinciJag Wrote: I predict this thread won’t age well, it’s a strange premise to think you know anything about the coach after a single game.  It’s more comical to call all the stuff you guys are whining about as mistakes.  No chance Meyer is “overwhelmed”.  This team went 1-15 last year …. There will be bad outings before it’s all fixed

Folks on your side of the argument never counter with all the things you've seen the last six months that give you confidence in him. You just act like waiting will make something good happen some day. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2021, 03:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’m concerned.

I was skeptical but optimistic.
The optimism has waned.

At this shaky point in his early tenure - I give him a 40% chance of getting to 6 wins this year and finding his way past .500 as a Jags HC down the road.

Here’s a similar thread from June for comparison:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=34457

Aforementioned optimism has completely vanished 

Meyer is a joke

(09-19-2021, 04:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 12:29 AM)CinciJag Wrote: I predict this thread won’t age well, it’s a strange premise to think you know anything about the coach after a single game.  It’s more comical to call all the stuff you guys are whining about as mistakes.  No chance Meyer is “overwhelmed”.  This team went 1-15 last year …. There will be bad outings before it’s all fixed

Folks on your side of the argument never counter with all the things you've seen the last six months that give you confidence in him. You just act like waiting will make something good happen some day. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

Fair point.  I am mostly reacting to the drivel I am seeing about how you all know Meyer isn't cut out for this.  Like "he seemed lost on the sideline last week".   LMAO...

Or he drafter Etienne and we all know that was a bad pick..... you guys all know that because you were scouts on which NFL team?  or your team has been so great for so long?  Meyer has much better data and is able to evaluate talent they way you slappys can never know.

So I will form my opinion on what I see on the field.  The team was an absolute train wreck last year with little serviceable talent coming back.  So in week one with a rookie QB starting for the first time we didn't look good.  Big surprise.   In week two we looked a bit better.   I will make my assessment on how we look in game 5,6,7,8..... if we are making good progress and playing better than the garbage we saw last year.... Then I will say Meyer is showing why he is an elite football coach

until then I will laugh at all the FSU and Miami fans that come on here pretending to be Jags fans and hating Meyer just because he owned their teams when he was a Gator

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 05:39 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am not a college fan at all, im just a nfl fan.  the team is excattly the same it was last year. worst team ever in nfl.  they are trash, so bad a 53 babies would beat them.

lets not forget the truth hurts.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.